• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
15035131682881xjrl.jpg

a7aaac3d3103b5de-600x400.jpg

Raw64life

Rusev looked like a future main eventer until Cena buried him.

Then he was rumored for a world title feud with Orton before Jinder happened, and instead of feeding him some mid-carders to fill the time they just had Cena bury him again. And then had Orton also bury him.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Roode was not that good in NXT, tbh.

He had a cool entrance but he definitely felt like he was out of place there imo. Especially once they stopped having as many random old guys around. He seems like someone Vince would like enough to put the strap on for a run.

He had a cool entrance but he definitely felt like he was out of place there imo. Especially once they stopped having as many random old guys around. He seems like someone Vince would like enough to put the strap on for a run.

I don't know how you can say that after the great year he's had.

Hex

Banned
Christ the strength of these War Machine guys.
He did his corner to corner back and forth charging people while carrying El Ligero on his back

Pikma

Banned

He was the best and most entertaining NXT champion in a long long time, I have no idea how you can think that he was out of place

All his title defense matches were great against nakamura, strong and even McIntyre.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Joe would have been an amazing NXT champion if he didn't have to feud with the cosplay king finn balor and smoke break nakamura

Sephzilla

Joe would have been an amazing NXT champion if he didn't have to feud with the cosplay king finn balor and smoke break nakamura

I actually liked Joe vs Balor since Joe basically turned into a monster who ate The Demon for lunch.

DQjeM.gif

But yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of his Nakamura matches.

Side note - WWE needs to let color happen a little more often. Joe bleeding added so much to that match

Hex

Banned
Lucky kid vs Hiromu Takahashi starting now

Daryl fist bumping the masses

Lucky Kid enthralled by Daryl and dropped down to say hello and wave to Daryl

Pikma

Banned
I second this. Who did you think was the last entertaining NXT Champ? For me it was KO
Oh definitely, Finn was just boring, Samoa Joe didn't have a long enough uninterrumpted run with the belt and Nakamura was underwhelming too.

Now something we have to consider is that during the time Joe and Nak were trading wins the NXT roster was shallow as fuck so that's one thing that could've made it seem worse than it was. Roode had a bunch more guys to feud with.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I liked Finn as champion because I dig the way he stalks the belt and picks it up in his entrance :(

Sephzilla

Oh definitely, Finn was just boring, Samoa Joe didn't have a long enough uninterrumpted run with the belt and Nakamura was underwhelming too.

Yeah, Joe needed a long uninterrupted monster reign instead of playing hot potato with Nakamura. I think KO was probably the most entertaining NXT champ overall, although Zayn's quest to win the title is probably the most entertaining story involving the belt.

I liked Finn as champion because I dig the way he stalks the belt and picks it up in his entrance :(

Balor and The Demon could be 10x better if he just did more stuff to differentiate the Demon from his normal self, and didn't use the Demon so goddamn often

I don't know how you can find Roode boring when Roderick Strong is there.

If you thought Roode was boring, I don't know how you'll survive a McIntyre era

Seriously, it's not like the NXT was filled with great guys for Strong to work off of. It's not that they're bad wrestlers, just a whole lot of generic guys. I think the ROH guys coming in will do some help for that group, but man is Strong and McIntyre boring

Funny you say that, their feud is one of my favorite things to come out of NXT ever

The vignettes helped Strong, but it's not like he's 10 levels above Roode

Hex

Banned
Nak just looks so damn lazy

I am actually afraid that Sanada is going the same route.
I mean charisma can get you there, but there is just something missing.
Don't get me wrong, I loved Nak in NJPW but he was more into it.
He did more subs he did more filler kicks.
In WWE it is all about get in the expected spots so they can make stupid names for those moves and then prance around in between.

Pikma

Banned
Finn did have a bunch of good showcase matches on NXT TV, I still remember the one he had against Neville, that was some pretty good shit

Sephzilla

Samoa Joe's rebirth in NXT is still one of my favorite things. Dude was so obviously checked out in TNA and within a month of his NXT run Joe suddenly felt like he was back in his prime.

Top Bottom