• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT2| Sting in 2015

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
b3UWxDG.gif

sting_hof2.gif
So since Bryan is prob just gonna either ask out of his contract or wait until it ends unless they capitulate and let him wrestle (which I doubt, given their strictness re: concussions these days), what are your dream matches for "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson's return to the independent wrestling circuit?

I feel like NJPW would really make strong overtures to him, as if there's any star that has the potential to grow their brand in the US, it's him. I don't know if he still has "it" or if his injury and years of wrestling as a highspot guy in WWE have ruined him, but I'd be super, super down to see him against any of the major guys in NJPW, assuming he wants to or is dumb enough to risk working that hard of a style.

he can put over Zack Sabre Jr

New August OT and still on the first page.

So ol'Frecky-poo made a "lost his head" joke and in turn lost his posting privileges. Okay then.

Pfft, he's no Kane in 2015.
Oh man, just think if Kane gets back soon he'll no doubt be jobbing to Sting in the lead up to NoC, it'll be like the monkey's paw wish version of Sting vs Taker.

Gonzalez

Banned
This second August OT is total carney level bullshit.

Can't we just admit we failed during SummerSlam season at garnering viewers, and hope things improve in September?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE NEW DAY

DOWN WITH THIS OLD MAN OT
Shouldn't a New Day be for a new month? I don't know, I'll leave it in the hands of the guy who makes the next OT. Let's see who grabs the brass ring.
This second August OT is total carney level bullshit.

Can't we just admit we failed during SummerSlam season at garnering viewers, and hope things improve in September?
We broke the 20k barrier. FACT
Wouldn't it have made more sense to go straight for September?
The next Monday Night Raw Supershow Live on Monday Nights will be on August 31st, not September 1st.

Gonzalez

Banned
We broke the 20k barrier. FACT

Still a very disappointing number for August. This is like the unneeded 3rd hour of a Monday Night wrestling program.

You should've just closed the August thread, and opened up the Sept thread on the 1st. It would've given us a few days rest to charge our batteries(Just like the Japanese wrestling promotions). But like the U.S. Way, you have to work us into the ground.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Whatever. For me it's just Monday.
I feel you.
Still a very disappointing number for August. This is like the unneeded 3rd hour of a Monday Night wrestling program.

You should've just closed the August thread, and opened up the Sept thread on the 1st. It would've given us a few days rest to charge our batteries(Just like the Japanese wrestling promotions). But like the U.S. Way, you have to work us into the ground.
I'm not a mod!

Our old captain Stro I believe was permabanned, and cut a shoot AMA on all of us at Reddit.

Lol. What about that Soulplaya guy. I wonder if there any Gaffers who were in WrassleGAF since day one?

When did WrassleGAF start anyway? Are we the millenial generation or the attitude generation or what? Does anyone know our own history?

Raw64life

Guzim

Congrats on the second August thread, Plywood. Just think if there wasn't an NXT and Summerslam thread, the first OT would have gotten 20k sooner.

Plywood = ratings

Gonzalez

Banned
I'm watching old Nitro's, and I've come to the realization that today's wrestling is missing the thing that is the highlight of these episodes. That "Thing" is the company Ace's marching down to the ring, and knocking heels down one by one while they flop around the ring after every punch they take. Nowadays wrestlers just want to run in, and set up either their finishers, or hit a big high spot. FUCK THAT! Just run in there, and throw around some ham hocks, while the heels do their fucking job, and that's making the top face look good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Our old captain Stro I believe was permabanned, and cut a shoot AMA on all of us at Reddit.
Sandman also cut a shoot promo on me on one of those splinter sites. Oy vey.

Top Bottom