• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| What? It's almost September.

strobogo

Banned
ibmSBxuNPDbb4A.gif

strobogo

Banned
Good call to ditch the cape. It makes him look like an over the top comic villain instead of mute killingtombstoning machine out for revenge.

strobogo

Banned
It's showtime

iVQX6p5w6XBOQ.gif

Even by F13 standards, Part 5 is fucking terrible. And I think this was an edited DVD on top of it. Not one actual shot of someone getting stabbed or anything. Every kill is cut so you don't see anything. The story is garbage, again even by F13 standards. It's so bad.

Good call to ditch the cape. It makes him look like an over the top comic villain instead of mute killingtombstoning machine out for revenge.
Maybe so but perhaps this is what Demon Kane was missing when facing the likes of Super Cena and Reign's super man punch, the cape would have elevated him from Saturday morning cartoon jobber villain at least.

dream

It's showtime

iVQX6p5w6XBOQ.gif

Even by F13 standards, Part 5 is fucking terrible. And I think this was an edited DVD on top of it. Not one actual shot of someone getting stabbed or anything. Every kill is cut so you don't see anything. The story is garbage, again even by F13 standards. It's so bad.

Have you ever watched that 9 hour documentary entitled Crystal Lake Memories?

Wild tag match here, as Mike Graham & Steve Keirn storm the ring to take on the Japanese duo of Masa Saito & Yoshino Sato, with Hiro Matsuda on commentary;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwk0ocWYhRY

Is that, Reggie Parks, the same famous belt maker who helped create the classic WWF Intercontinental championship, Reggie Parks?

Good catch, it does appear to be the one and the same Reggie Parks;

http://www.wrestleprints.com/zc/images//wrestleprints/ReggieParksColor.jpg

I didn't realise he was a former wrestler.

somedevil

Well Fate is against Solomon Crowe from ever debuting on NXT:

Solomon Crowe
‏@WWECrowe Chipped my tibia bone in my leg..... Such a great birthday present! Lol

He did it at a house show at NXT. How long does it take to come back from that?

Mengetsu

Talk Is Jericho Podcast with Batista is great. I agree with him about the blood thing. $100,000 fine is over the top and $5,000 for Jericho the ref and Dean was so much for them not knowing. Batista even paid everyones fine on top of his cause he felt bad. You can tell he loves the business and hated the change in direction.

Still the best act that will never make it to the big time. Let's hope that whoever is running a wrestling program in 2015 on Spike picks up the Briscoes.

Jarrett to the rescue! GFW/New Japan would be a good fit for The Briscoes - New Japan needs some more heavyweight tag teams.

PInk Tape

Banned
Smackdown's gone (back) to complete shit recently. It at least had some good matches on earlier in the year even if nothing ever happened on the show.

Yep. I'll still watch it for Rollins and certain other superstars but I'll lower my expectations for the rest of the show.

Bandini

Talk Is Jericho Podcast with Batista is great. I agree with him about the blood thing. $100,000 fine is over the top and $5,000 for Jericho the ref and Dean was so much for them not knowing. Batista even paid everyones fine on top of his cause he felt bad. You can tell he loves the business and hated the change in direction.

Batista definitely knows what's going on. If he can't wrestle much anymore because of movies, I really feel that WWE should keep him in the loop as a creative consultant.

Royal Rumble 2014 was the first PPV I've watched start to finish in almost 20 years. I saw it lamped and figured why the hell not. I found this thread and started lurking the same night.

It was hilarious to me... watching all these people flip out over no Daniel Bryan in the rumble. I could kind of see why, he put on a hell of a match to start the ppv and he had a certain weird charisma about him like... what the hell is this guy's deal?

Then a guy who seemed slow and very off his timing and honestly, kind of weak? somehow won it, man. People HATED IT. I was hooked. And as soon as Batista officially went heel, I started to see why they thought he could just come back and main event Wrestlemania.

Batista earned my respect as a competitor in the main event of Wrestlemania. That 2.95 kick out against Orton was SO FUCKING GOOD. And then tapping out to D-Bry, the man of the people. He didn't have to go out that way. Much respect on that as well.

AND THEN HE WAS DOPE AS FUCK IN GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY.

Can't wait for his return.

Final thought, I have a question for Vince McMahon aka Sunflower. I think you would wanna be the one to answer this, so what's up with this heel run of his back in the day I've been hearing you talk about? When I did it go on, what are some of the things I should watch? I can await you return for an answer, brother.

Apparently Batista is eyeing Mania 31 against HHH as his retirement match.

Also, Batista is good in the Jericho interview and comes off very humble. But, he still doesn't get why the fans turned on him at the Royal Rumble? Come on, Dave. It had nothing to do with you, and everything to do with the company's treatment of Daniel Bryan. The company unintentionally booked a story where the people wanted to see Daniel Bryan finally overcome all of this dumb authority shit, and not Dave. Dave was looked at as a roadblock for Bryan's success in the fan's eyes.

I mean, I'll give him the CM Punk chants as being dumb, but the Daniel Bryan shit was 100% WWE's fault.

Bandini

Apparently Batista is eyeing Mania 31 against HHH as his retirement match.

Also, Batista is good in the Jericho interview and comes off very humble. But, he still doesn't get why the fans turned on him at the Royal Rumble? Come on, Dave. It had nothing to do with you, and everything to do with the company's treatment of Daniel Bryan. The company unintentionally booked a story where the people wanted to see Daniel Bryan finally overcome all of this dumb authority shit, and not Dave. Dave was looked at as a roadblock for Bryan's success in the fan's eyes.

I mean, I'll give him the CM Punk chants as being dumb, but the Daniel Bryan shit was 100% WWE's fault.

Sometimes when you're that close it's hard to step away and see the big picture. Especially when you've all of a sudden got go-away heat.

On Rusev:

He has quickly become a favorite of top management, as both Vince McMahon and Triple H have become big fans of his, especially Vince. He worked his way up with a couple years on the indy scene followed by four years in WWE’s developmental system, and now he’s nicely filled a slot that especially Vince always likes filled on the roster - a big, muscular powerlifter guy. Vince’s attention, which can be scattershot and finicky, has shifted sharply away from Big E. - a focus of his earlier in the year - to Rusev. It’s not out of the question that Rusev will be kept undefeated (at least in terms of being pinned or submitted) until WrestleMania 31, with a very big name babyface opponent in one of the top three or four matches on the show. Agents have learned when in charge of Rusev’s matches to make sure he is kept looking dominant or face the wrath of McMahon afterward.

Top Bottom