• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the advice guys! Ended up grabbing FF6/7/8/9. I'll hold off on FFT until later. I already own the others (aside from Disidia 2) on PSP UMD for now too.

I think rep answered last time but the answer wasn't cheap enough so I'm asking again.

Best place to get a wired 360 controller to use on my PC? There's actually no special PC controller right, I can use any old wired 360 controller? I can't even remember what I bought when I got my first one. Five years is too long.
You can get a right shape but fake with shitty triggers for $10 posted, right shape but fake with right triggers for $18 posted or black/white legit ones (pics and description are legit!) for $28 posted.

Best bet is to buy a wireless adapter tbh.

I can't remember who made the AusGAF Members list for Twitter, but are you still maintaining it?

@reptilescorpio isn't on it and there are no doubt more people missing.
You guys are missing out on all ze bargains!

His wife says the same thing.
iWIpEUetRNYnw.gif

Erey body go watch Rick & Morty!

Shit, I have no great idea but if no one else wants it you should give it the person wit the least responsibilities and the most free time. Which may be me. Just saying.
This is pretty much the best guy to play Civ right meow! It just consumes time like some kind of time eating dealey.

I can't remember who made the AusGAF Members list for Twitter, but are you still maintaining it?
I made it, am not actively maintaining the list (but will add anyone who requests to be added that I recognize - if I don't, PM me with your details and I'll accept you).

Some people aren't on the list because they've asked not to be.

It's still tweeting posts in the thread (one warning, I haven't bothered to filter out spoilers).

Shaneus

Conversely, I quite like him.

New set is good
New game was okay
Captains are good
Still not sure on the new host. Something about his voice or the way he speaks is kinda eh

Not a bad return.
I don't mind him, as long as he doesn't milk the whole "I'm gay and I'm fabulous!" thing. But the new host was FAR too energetic. Draining, in fact.

Shaneus

Adam Richard and Mishel Laurie are the same person different sex. And yeah, its not HORRIBLE but it's eh. I miss Myf, Adam and Alan already. Not even the second game yet.
For the record, cannot fucking stand Michelle Laurie. I'm pretty sure this was actually a reality show with her as the star:
5xJXjM9l.jpg

No coincidence her name is also Michelle.

WHAT? NART Blue is the best blue for a car ever.

http://i.imgur.com/LCAfnuL.jpg[/G]
Assuming it was NART blue of course.[/QUOTE]

That was the colour. So wrong on a Ferrari.

[quote="commanderdeek, post: 99677360"]blue is nice, i like this blue

tho if i could buy a ferrari, i'd get like a matte black. be all stealthy n stuff![/QUOTE]

It's all well and good until a bird craps on your car, paint ruined.

[quote="markot, post: 99682691"]Buying a non red ferrari is like buying a bike with square wheels.[/QUOTE]

So true.

[spoiler]though I am a fan of white ones[/spoiler]

Gazunta

Watching those music quiz shows for five minutes is a quick reminder why I stopped caring about music a long, long time ago. It's half an hour of incomprehensible gibberish with everyone nodding in agreement about a billion obscure references to things people could never reasonably know.

Imagine your grandmother listening to the Bombcast and that's how I look while watching Rockwiz or whatever.

That being said holy fuck would I watch the shit out of a video game quiz show.

Deeku

Delegation is great, but maaaaaan it's annoying when crap comes back to you. Like, if stuff is just wrong, I'm ok with it cos I can teach you how to do it right so a. you won't do it again, and b. you learn, so win win. Bbbbut, if you have the balls to mess with my formatting, I just can't... asfsdsagjfsh ararrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

So much rage!

What's the deal with people who create copies of spreadsheets and save them in the same folder as the original one? You know how fucking annoying that is! Run with one uniform sheet, don't mix that shit up for everyone!

Jintor

how the fuck do i riffle shuffle

well actually i'm getting okay at riffle shuffling, it's the goddamn bridge I can't seem to work out. The cards all just mesh together without doing the fancy-looking falling thing.

jambo

"You don't have to watch it" is my second favourite dismissal of criticism. It's almost as good as "I'd like to see you do better!"

I was just bringing my dismissal down to the same level as his "it's shit" criticism.

If mega walked up to Chris Lilley and said, "make your characters less shit," what exactly is he supposed to do with that information?

I was just bringing my dismissal down to the same level as his "it's shit" criticism.

If mega walked up to Chris Lilley and said, "make your characters less shit," what exactly is he supposed to do with that information?

i wouldnt expect him to do anything! it's completely my opinion and he can tell me to fuck off if he chooses.

Well that's not exactly what mega said.

What are we supposed to do with your post? Ban any criticism that is not formal in nature and in-depth?

Shaneus

chris lilley needs to do a better brand of comedy because his stupid characters are stupid.
I can't disagree. It's beyond anything even remotely funny.

We need to have another documentary-style series from John Safran on the ABC rather than that tripe. It's my tax dollary-doos, damnit.

Of course further detailing why you dislike something is good, especially if you're communicating with the creator or looking to creator deeper discussion, but just dismissing something as "stop watching it" doesn't help anyone.

Personally I couldn't give you exact reasons why I dislike Lilley's work because I did stop watching when I realised We Can Be Heroes wasn't for me (and Big Bite wasn't much of anything either).

chris lilley needs to do a better brand of comedy because his stupid characters are stupid.
Yeah haven't found his stuff funny. Reminds me of Little Britain but not as clever.

Also, yes. New Girl is good. Not sure I'm digging that Wayans brother as an additional character as well, but it's not horrible.

He got parachuted in when Happing Endings was going down the cancellation toilet.

Not that I watch the show anyway.

Jesus guys I was just showing my disdain for Lilley, calm down lol

No, we are not allowed to simply express appreciation or dislike for things anymore. Any such post must be accompanied by a five page essay detailing exactly why we feel that way.

Look forward to The Last of Us Prologue: Believable Character Actions and Emotionally Manipulative Crap - A Contrast by [BoB] Dylan next week.

Gazunta

I know Rlan's alluded to this before but I can't believe we don't have a modern equivalent of Fast Forward or Australia You're Standing In It. What's the best political satire we have now - Clark and Dawe on YouTube?

Huh, I wonder if How Green Was My Cactus is still running on the radio...

I know Rlan's alluded to this before but I can't believe we don't have a modern equivalent of Fast Forward or Australia You're Standing In It. What's the best political satire we have now - Clark and Dawe on YouTube?

Huh, I wonder if How Green Was My Cactus is still running on the radio...

Pretty sure Micallef has a show out at the moment of some description

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom