• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubixcuba

Banned
Wait, don't companies have the right to refuse a sale if a pricing error is an honest mistake?

If they can replace the stock in the circumstance of two prices, I believe they can. Yet as all the other copies were labeled at $30, they had to honour the price as advertised.

Pretty sure that was discounted to $29 ages ago

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/121454

Well, the more you know! It must not have been common knowledge with all the JB staff then, pretty sure the cashier was about to go give the video game section guy the yelling of a lifetime for the 'error'.

legend166

I think rep answered last time but the answer wasn't cheap enough so I'm asking again.

Best place to get a wired 360 controller to use on my PC? There's actually no special PC controller right, I can use any old wired 360 controller? I can't even remember what I bought when I got my first one. Five years is too long.

Dead Man

I had over 24 hours with no internet and about 8 hours with no power in the East of Adelaide after a wind blew everything over.

Thanks Etsa and Telstra for your speedy workmanship.....We should definitely privatise those companies and get the efficient private sector to manage them.

LOL, there is hope for you yet :)

r1chard

Well, the first time I played the physical game, I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it somewhat the first couple of times playing it online before I bought it, too.

Some games are difficult to penetrate and are fun once you 'get it', some are too much of a wall for some people and it turns them off.

I guess DOTA 2 is like that for me... :p
Yeah, I think it's just a game that doesn't work for me. Had to happen eventually I suppose :)

I think rep answered last time but the answer wasn't cheap enough so I'm asking again.

Best place to get a wired 360 controller to use on my PC? There's actually no special PC controller right, I can use any old wired 360 controller? I can't even remember what I bought when I got my first one. Five years is too long.

Yeah, any. I've had little luck finding one for my friend. I got the last secondhand black one at a random EB I happened to find myself in about a month ago for $10. I'd say try as many secondhand places as you can. Cashies are ok for $15ish if you find a good one.

Omni

Yeah, any. I've had little luck finding one for my friend. I got the last secondhand black one at a random EB I happened to find myself in about a month ago for $10. I'd say try as many secondhand places as you can. Cashies are ok for $15ish if you find a good one.

You can buy them online for like $30 brand new

Danoss

Wait, don't companies have the right to refuse a sale if a pricing error is an honest mistake?

They can refuse a sale in an instance where it is clearly a gross error to a reasonable individual. I'm not sure where the line is or if there is one, but common sense should prevail in most cases. If this game were not available at other places for the lower price, I think they would have been well within their rights to decline selling it for $30.

Insta-buy.

I'm getting married in October and my wife-to-be likes the idea of having dinosaurs dressed in a tux and wedding dress, as a cake topper.

God I love this woman.

Either that or this would be cool

Bfqe8pmCMAAYsff.jpg

The Genius! Ep 9

Man they've had some really shitty death match games this season. The suspenseful style broadcast doesn't work when we know what the final tile is.

Dead Man

So, AGL are awesome. Transfer account from my deceased mum to my name, continue paying account. Used old Bpay details, money credited to old account. That is my mistake, fine. Call AGL after being told I was behind on the bill, AGL confirmed I had paid double but to wrong account, they organise refund of extra payment and crediting of the other to my account. Forward a month. Calls from collection agency, and credit listing. Credit agency is using off shore call centres, took about an hour to sort out that it was a fuck up and they would raise it with AGL, that was fun. AGL used one as well then cold transferred me to some local sounding bloke who fixed most of it up eventually. 2 fucking hours telling the same story over and over again. Fun.

Fuck AGL though. Glad I cancelled that account.

You're no Mother Teresa DeadMan, but you're trying your best.

Hah, that gave me a much needed laugh, cheers.

jambo

I can't remember who made the AusGAF Members list for Twitter, but are you still maintaining it?

@reptilescorpio isn't on it and there are no doubt more people missing.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Then he knocked over a packet of chips to ensure dominance.

Also, who wants a steam key for Civ 5? and the expansion gods and kings?

im too lazy to come up with something you have to do.

surprise me. otherwise if no one impresses me ill give it to the first person to ask!

Dead Man

Then he knocked over a packet of chips to ensure dominance.

Also, who wants a steam key for Civ 5? and the expansion gods and kings?

im too lazy to come up with something you have to do.

surprise me. otherwise if no one impresses me ill give it to the first person to ask!

Shit, I have no great idea but if no one else wants it you should give it the person wit the least responsibilities and the most free time. Which may be me. Just saying.

My mum's dead you heartless bastard, you should feel awful for saying something like that.
Now it is your tears that excite me! Oh how the worm has turned!

Yes!

Yes!!

YEEEESSSSSS!!

I hope you weren't serious. Otherwise I'm a sad panda right now and apologize.

Dead Man

Now it is your tears that excite me! Oh how the worm has turned!

Yes!

Yes!!

YEEEESSSSSS!!

I hope you weren't serious. Otherwise I'm a sad panda right now and apologize.

*SOB* Wait, if I get excited now is that masturbation?

Nah, totally not serious, I like to make really of colour jokes about it, helped me deal with it when it happened, and the habit stayed

I lied. Your tears aren't doing anything for me. Only my own tears while watching Crazy Frog music videos can get me hard, anymore. I should just accept it and stop pretending.

Kritz

Banned
I can't wait to play a game of Caverna. I'm a little worried because I'm complete shit at Agricola still (I take too long to get Family Growth and then just lose through lack of power), but boy does Caverna look impressive.

I think my dad's got a preorder down at milsims, so who the fuck knows when it'll show up. Probably half a year from now. >_>

I just saw a dark blue Ferrari drive past. Worst colour choice ever. Though still it is a Ferrari and I'm stuck using public transport so I really shouldn't be judging.

Omikron

I can't wait to play a game of Caverna. I'm a little worried because I'm complete shit at Agricola still (I take too long to get Family Growth and then just lose through lack of power), but boy does Caverna look impressive.

I think my dad's got a preorder down at milsims, so who the fuck knows when it'll show up. Probably half a year from now. >_>
Caverna like Le Havre is far far less punishing than Agricola. You always have pretty great options available to pick from. Agricola you always feel this loathing of taking the wrong action and destroying your strategy completely.

Dead Man

I lied. Your tears aren't doing anything for me. Only my own tears while watching Crazy Frog music videos can get me hard, anymore. I should just accept it and stop pretending.

Now I am crying. You poor bastard, nobody should have to live like that.

I just saw a dark blue Ferrari drive past. Worst colour choice ever. Though still it is a Ferrari and I'm stuck using public transport so I really shouldn't be judging.

WHAT? NART Blue is the best blue for a car ever.

LCAfnuL.jpg

Assuming it was NART blue of course.

r1chard

I can't wait to play a game of Caverna. I'm a little worried because I'm complete shit at Agricola still
As I mentioned on the previous page, Agricola and I really don't mix either.

I like boardgames because I amm the king of domiinion.

Omi r1chard and aniseed surely fear me.
I'm afeared, yes. Still want to play again tho :)

Caverna like Le Havre is far far less punishing than Agricola. You always have pretty great options available to pick from. Agricola you always feel this loathing of taking the wrong action and destroying your strategy completely.
Yep, that's pretty much me and Agricola there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom