• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dryk

First you complain about suppressing truth in media, then you complain about a paper being truthful.

;)
Something tells me that its all conjecture and that they didn't actually manage to secure an exclusive interview with the children

Dead Man

First you complain about suppressing truth in media, then you complain about a paper being truthful.

;)

LOL. As long as they asked the kids what they were upset about and they said 'my junkie dad', I guess I can't get too upset. ;)

Edit: Damn you Dryk, that was my joke!

Dryk

LOL. As long as they asked the kids what they were upset about and they said 'my junkie dad', I guess I can't get too upset. ;)

Edit: Damn you Dryk, that was my joke!

url

Dead Man

I honestly thought Philip Seymour Hoffman was like 55 or something.

Philip_Seymour_Hoffman_2011.jpg

From 2011
Meh, looks like a mid 40's chubby bloke who always had really pale hair. Doesn't have massive wrinkles or anything, just the red skin he always had without make up. Modern media has fucked up our expectations of ageing I think.

jambo

Games.On.Net are shutting down their gaming file library.

I was pretty shocked when I first found out, but thinking about it now, I've hardly gotten anything off of it for years now. 99% of my gaming downloads come from Steam, Steam Workshop, Origin and The Nexus.

There is some absolute gold in the library though, particularly old HL and HL2 mods, map packs and old game patches.

There's just over 8TB, would be interesting to see if we could get a copy and then just chuck it on a RAID and host it somewhere.

It's not closing until the end of Feb, so I might have a search through over the coming weeks and nab a few things. Unmetered!

Quasar

Games.On.Net are shutting down their gaming file library.

I was pretty shocked when I first found out, but thinking about it now, I've hardly gotten anything off of it for years now. 99% of my gaming downloads come from Steam, Steam Workshop, Origin and The Nexus.

Does that include their Steam mirror?

jambo

Does that include their Steam mirror?

Nah. A couple of years ago they moved all of the Steam stuff across on to their Content Delivery Network and that's been a huge success. They now host more Steam content than ever before and it's spread out all across Australia, giving better speeds.

All that this shutdown effects is 8TB of data that they have sitting in a file library.

The Internode Mirror is also unaffected.

r1chard

Oh! I convinced my friends to play Agricola last night because some people here said it was a good game you just had to play it with the cards and stuff.

You're still wrong :)

I think the only way to enjoy that game is to suffer through a good three or four games of not knowing what the fuck you're doing before maybe you might be able to play it with some kind of game plan. And frankly, there's plenty of good games out there that don't require that kind of pain/effort just to learn how to play them joyfully.

I think the only way to enjoy that game is to suffer through a good three or four games of not knowing what the fuck you're doing before maybe you might be able to play it with some kind of game plan.
Well, the first time I played the physical game, I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it somewhat the first couple of times playing it online before I bought it, too.

Some games are difficult to penetrate and are fun once you 'get it', some are too much of a wall for some people and it turns them off.

I guess DOTA 2 is like that for me... :p

Dryk

Some games are difficult to penetrate and are fun once you 'get it', some are too much of a wall for some people and it turns them off.
I haven't had a chance to play it a second time (despite owning) it but I feel Age of Steam would be the opposite. For the first 75% of the game your main opponent is encroaching debt and once you get the point that you can even think about winning conquering your finances makes you feel like a victor already.

Sony keep sending me "why haven't you resubscribed to PS+?" emails even after I called them up twice and complained that it's because they owe me a fucking month already >_<
Trolling arseholes. Time for another call at lunch tomorrow. Imma get me my god damned one month of PS+ they advertised.

Also first day of Kindergarten for the little guy tomorrow!
Worried it's going to be a mess, has been a fucking awful month with the little guy. Terrible threes. Having accidents in his underwear every day lately, just refuses to listen, he was self sufficient in that regard in December so it's irritating as fuck that he is fighting back like this >_<

anxiety attacks and depression like to kick back in when shit's going well. stupid head.
Damn dude, hope you felt better today. Seems like everyone's in a bad mood at the moment. I'll be lazy and blame the weather.

How about a beer on 21/02/2014!

Rep, New Cynic !
Thanks for the heads up! Grabbed it before my run walk last night. Enjoying it, although my headspace is more suited to harder stuff at the moment.
New Ektomorf is fantastically timed in that regard.

I honestly thought Philip Seymour Hoffman was like 55 or something.

Philip_Seymour_Hoffman_2011.jpg

From 2011
Eh he's always looked like shit though. Even in Boogie Nights he was a mess.

Beards age anyone a ton. Looks younger without it.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Sony keep sending me "why haven't you resubscribed to PS+?" emails even after I called them up twice and complained that it's because they owe me a fucking month already >_<
Trolling arseholes. Time for another call at lunch tomorrow. Imma get me my god damned one month of PS+ they advertised.

Also first day of Kindergarten for the little guy tomorrow!
Worried it's going to be a mess, has been a fucking awful month with the little guy. Terrible threes. Having accidents in his underwear every day lately, just refuses to listen, he was self sufficient in that regard in December so it's irritating as fuck that he is fighting back like this >_<

Damn dude, hope you felt better today. Seems like everyone's in a bad mood at the moment. I'll be lazy and blame the weather.

How about a beer on 21/02/2014!

Thanks for the heads up! Grabbed it before my run walk last night. Enjoying it, although my headspace is more suited to harder stuff at the moment.
New Ektomorf is fantastically timed in that regard.

Eh he's always looked like shit though. Even in Boogie Nights he was a mess.

Beards age anyone a ton. Looks younger without it.

sounds a weiner.

im always up for beers

Awesome! I'll be trying to hit Melbourne just after lunch in case I need to do any shopping/eating at Schnitz :)

ALSO

What Final Fantasy games should I buy for my Vita? They are $6.50 atm.
Not sure if I should grab FFT again, can't remember if the PSP version was rough. Same with the PSOne version of FF6.

Shaneus

Meh, looks like a mid 40's chubby bloke who always had really pale hair. Doesn't have massive wrinkles or anything, just the red skin he always had without make up. Modern media has fucked up our expectations of ageing I think.
Yup. Jim Gaffigan is 47:
PEQMBL4l.jpg

hamchan

Awesome! I'll be trying to hit Melbourne just after lunch in case I need to do any shopping/eating at Schnitz :)

ALSO

Not sure if I should grab FFT again, can't remember if the PSP version was rough. Same with the PSOne version of FF6.

FFT has slowdown and FF6 PS1 has loading screens.

Should probably just buy all of them.

Shaneus

To be fair though, Phil's upper eyelids had got that droop that does make people look older. But yeah.
I was just trying to think of fair-skinned dudes in their 40s, they were the only two I could come up with. Gimme 10 years though, and I'll be right there with 'em (minus the celebrity).

PS. Posting this because it's remotely relevant (and funny as hell).

War of the Lions has some slowdown that wasn't in the original game but is otherwise pretty much the definitive version of the game.

Only problem with the PS1 version of FF6 is the loading times, otherwise it's fine.

I grabbed I, II and V-IX last time they did this sale even though I have discs for VI-IX because portable RPGs are the radness. Could skip I and II if you want, I guess. If you were only getting a couple I suppose VII and IX would be the strong bets.

Dissidia 012 is worth a look in if you're interested in a crossover fighter.

Dead Man

The Guardian has made a list: http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/feb/04/11-worst-today-tonight-moments

Edit: Bohica

Coalition questions relevance of penalty rates in submission to Fair Work review
The Abbott Government has asked a major review of workplace awards to assess whether minimum terms and conditions, including penalty rates, are still relevant.

The Government is also encouraging the Fair Work Commission (FWC) to take the cost of labour into account when reviewing the awards which set basic terms and conditions.

It follows a warning by Employment Minister Eric Abetz that Australia risks a "wages explosion" if bosses do not start saying no to workers and unions requesting pay rises.

Anyone going to the St Kilda Festival on Sunday? I'll be wandering around from 11am to 2pm looking for RSPCA donations. If you see me, come say hi! Will let you know ahead of time if I'll wear something distinguishable.

Kritz

Banned

For some reason I thought it'd be a good idea if Burger Game had a POS / restaurant management system that the players could access and tamper with. Which I then realised I'd have to program entirely myself. It's taken me about two days to go from idea to... well, not much. I can position windows, hide / display them, modify colour and text, and there's a basic layering. And, of course, you can interact with it by pressing buttons.

At this point all I have to do is wire the thing up as a functional GUI, and I'll have successfully bitten off a large chunk of what I feel sucks about the game currently. That is, players who aren't cooking didn't get to do anything cool. I think a giant monitor with big buttons is cool.

(there is also a smaller, 'tablet' version of the monitor players can carry around with them, and updates made to the tablet will push out to the large display in the kitchen)

Most of this work is still yet to be done, but boy I'm proud of this dumb thing.

Omni

Anyone familiar with how EB Games works online?

I bought this 5 days ago and paid for express shipping, thinking that it would get here within a day or two. But it's been processing for days now. The estimated delivery date keeps changing too.

Is this normal for online orders there? If I knew it was going to take this long I would have just gone to the store :\

Anyone familiar with how EB Games works online?

I bought this 5 days ago and paid for express shipping, thinking that it would get here within a day or two. But it's been processing for days now. The estimated delivery date keeps changing too.

Is this normal for online orders there? If I knew it was going to take this long I would have just gone to the store :\

They are fucking useless. Never ever buy from EB online unless you are happy waiting a month. Took forever to get Red Dead Redemption when the wife bought it for my birthday. Ended up renting it for a week until it arrived.

They are useless.

Also buy your games from the UK!

Arksy

I had over 24 hours with no internet and about 8 hours with no power in the East of Adelaide after a wind blew everything over.

Thanks Etsa and Telstra for your speedy workmanship.....We should definitely privatise those companies and get the efficient private sector to manage them.

Rubixcuba

Banned
Good old price sticker errors at JB.
Was able to get Splinter Cell Blacklist for Wii U for $30 when the actual price should have been $80!
Staff seemed pretty annoyed, thought they were going to refuse to sell for a moment, luckily they remembered consumer law etc.

My Wii U now has games!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom