• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
God damnit Nintendo

BgYHJMMCIAI1udQ.jpg

Quasar

Sorry guys you had the chance to not be spoiled on Game of Thrones ten years ago when it came out. Do we have to spoiler warn for Star Wars now too?

It is weird. The whole time period for not spoiling etiquette thing.

Given people got upset about Lord of the Rings spoilers during its film run, spoiler nuts will get crazy about anything.

I can see where they are coming from its definately annoying when you find out Hordor is a deep cover agent for the Valarian Dragon Empire before HBO gets to that bit.

Kritz

Banned
I don't think you should openly spoil things even if they are in the "public consciousness" or whatever. Y'know what? At some point maybe I would have liked to have seen Planet of the Apes or Sixth Sense or Empire Strikes Back without knowing what was gonna happen.

I'm actually amazed that I read Ender's Game last year without knowing the twist. Also read 1984 a few years back without knowing what happens in it. Maybe I'm just being an entitled shit, but I want to go into creative media not knowing anything about it.

And I say this after me and hamchan gave out some real fuckin' bad GOT spoilers in steam chat last night. Sorry ankh. >_>

sk3tch

Is there an AUS GAFfer that can help me get some flowers delivered to someone in University (James Cook) over there? She's an American studying abroad for the next few months. I have an address and name - just need someone to setup flower delivery with a local company - I can PayPal up front for it with some $$$ for your trouble! Please PM. :)

Is there an AUS GAFfer that can help me get some flowers delivered to someone in University (James Cook) over there? She's an American studying abroad for the next few months. I have an address and name - just need someone to setup flower delivery with a local company - I can PayPal up front for it with some $$$ for your trouble! Please PM. :)

interflora.com

so what did nintendo do? scanning first page of gaming, i'm guessing lack of announcements in the direct?

They didn't announce more Mario or Zelda games, of which there are too many of anyway but they didn't announce more Mario or Zelda games, of which there are too many of anyway but they didn't announce more Mario or Zelda games, of which there are too many of anyway but they didn't announce more Mario or Zelda games, of which there are too many of anyway but they didn't announce more Mario or Zelda games, of which there are too many of anyway but they didn't announce more Mario or Zelda games, of which there are too many of anyway but they didn't announce more Mario or Zelda games, of which there are too many of anyway but they didn't announce more Mario or Zelda games, of which there are too many of anyway but they didn't announce more Mario or Zelda games, of which there are too many of anyway but they didn't announce more Mario or Zelda games, of which there are too many of anyway but they didn't announce more Mario or Zelda games, of which there are too many of anyway but they didn't announce more Mario or Zelda games, of which there are too many of anyway but they didn't announce more Mario or Zelda games, of which there are too many of anyway but they didn't announce more Mario or Zelda games, of which there are too many of anyway but they didn't announce more Mario or Zelda games, of which there are too many of anyway but they didn't announce more Mario or Zelda games, of which there are too many of anyway but they didn't announce more Mario or Zelda games, of which there are too many of anyway but they didn't announce more Mario or Zelda games, of which there are too many of anyway but brain goes splat.

Little Mac in Smash Bros. is cool, NES Remix 2 will probably be pretty neat since the first one was, X looks like more Xenoblade which is good and Bayonetta 2 still looks like the hottest thing ever.

The problem is that the Wii U's schedule is still looking sparse as fuck with nothing for two or three months after Donkey Kong, which is only releasing now anyway because they pushed it back from the end of last year so they'd actually be putting something out in Q1 2014.

ibtLiyj3hpbUVQ.gif

You are awesome, hope it worked out :)

Stackboy

Did anyone watch IGN's titanfall beta stream?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1fQkSDca0A

It's CoD run'n'gun with parkour and robots. I hope I get the beta invite to check it out, but honestly don't have much hype and probably won't be buying the game.

All the beta footage I saw for it yesterday had me really excited for it. Robots and UT mechanics? Sign me up on PC. Australian Beta testers are getting pings just north of 100. I can deal with that.

Gazunta

Yeah the wife keeps asking me if she can buy me a WiiU yet and I'm like naaah I'm good thanks :/

When it's so bad I'm turning down a free console, sheeeeesh.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
the spoiler stuff.

the bloke in the thread specifically asked for NO book spoilers.

then some one quoted him and bam. book spoilers.

clearly not cool.

thoughts on bayo2 trailer ham?

Is this new info, or just a new .gif for old info?

Microsoft are losing this generation so they are starting to using Xbox* to describe their sales, like Sony used to use Playstation Family to hide low PS3 sales in with high PS2 sales. Xbox* includes Xbox 360 and Xbox One The All-In-One Entertainment Console as one figure.

The rest is old, but still true lols. More recently shown in the Titanfall beta which looks really rough due to the upscale and sharpen filter. PC version looks wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better.

X1 was outsold 2:1 in the US last month.

It's CoD run'n'gun with parkour and robots. I hope I get the beta invite to check it out, but honestly don't have much hype and probably won't be buying the game.

The rest is old, but still true lols. More recently shown in the Titanfall beta which looks really rough due to the upscale and sharpen filter. PC version looks wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better.

I'll let you know soon, once it finishes installing. Not expecting much.

I bet everyone who requested a key (or the first n people) will get in.

Also, I haven't played a CoD on PC since CoD 2 so I guess that'll be interesting.

Shaneus

I didn't know we could apply for them :(
Rep should donate his to those who have the recommended bandwidth/latency on their broadband connection.

ahem.

All the beta footage I saw for it yesterday had me really excited for it. Robots and UT mechanics? Sign me up on PC. Australian Beta testers are getting pings just north of 100. I can deal with that.

Just got my invite. Pretty super keen. Considering cancelling any plans I had tonight.....but that would probably be dumb.

Microsoft are losing this generation so they are starting to using Xbox* to describe their sales, like Sony used to use Playstation Family to hide low PS3 sales in with high PS2 sales. Xbox* includes Xbox 360 and Xbox One The All-In-One Entertainment Console as one figure.

X1 was outsold 2:1 in the US last month.

As an X1 owner I hope it keeps getting outsold. The leading manufacturer always ends up resting on its laurels while number 2 pumps out gold. Example: Sony trying to catch PS3 up to 360. Example 2: Microsoft trying to establish the Xbox as a legit device against the behemoth of the PS2. As long as it gets GTA VI etc I couldn't give two shits. It should mean more awesome games.

First two hours of Titanfall have been installation, training, and timing out when trying to join games.

Guess a lowly 100Mb connection isn't enough (145ms to the data centre in... Singapore?).

sasimirobot

Just to clear things up I only spent 100$ at the steakhouse, the rest I lost at baccarat. I am in Sydney now and I went to Doyles. What an overhyped piece of shit restaurant, tourist trap?

First I sit down, and after 10 minutes find out you have to order at the other part of the restaurant. Go there order and ask for a beer, I get handed a root beer, and then told I have to order beers on the other side where I just came from. WTF? Ok, get my order head back, order my beer, and then when I ask for ketchup they tell me I have to go back to the front and pay for something they call "tomato sauce". Fuck that. Is this a joke to fuck with out of towners?

Anyways fish and chips were ok, oysters sucked. what a waste of time.

Other than that Sydney is really nice!

Shaneus

Anybody considering playing Titanfall tonight should have a long, hard look at themselves. Because they should be fucking playing TxK.

I ask for ketchup they tell me I have to go back to the front and pay for something they call "tomato sauce".
Ugh. Fucking hell. Mental note to never go to Doyles. Tomato sauce and ketchup are not even the same thing.

A good comparison, I guess, is root beer and sarsaparilla. Or maybe sweet potato pie and pumpkin pie. Mostly the same, but appreciably different if you care.

Gazunta

Sarsaparilla > Root beer

Fuck a duck will this day just end already.

Is John Blackman dead yet? No reason, he just always gave me the shits.

Deeku

i've only ever eaten there as a kid which was alright cos fish n chips n seagulls.

but yeah, i'd assume doyles is dodgy!

30 year old cultural phenomenon versus some pretty average books that just happened to get a popular series on TV that is still underway. Hmmm....

GoT > Star Wars, and I'm a sci-fi guy.

Star Wars was two great films and one decent one, followed by decades of dreck.

Dead Man

Sarsaparilla > Root beer
That is true if the sars is Bundaberg and the root beer is Australian, otherwise it is terribly wrong.
Portello > Sars
And yet not as wrong as this.

GoT > Star Wars, and I'm a sci-fi guy.

Star Wars was two great films and one decent one, followed by decades of dreck.

Meh, it doesn't really matter which is better, just which is much older, and much more well known in terms of the spoiler argument that prompted that post. But you're wrong. Except about the decades of drek, you are spot on there. :(

Origin is so fast. Will download 12GB within 2 hours!
Not sure if legit....

Just to clear things up I only spent 100$ at the steakhouse, the rest I lost at baccarat. I am in Sydney now and I went to Doyles. What an overhyped piece of shit restaurant, tourist trap?

First I sit down, and after 10 minutes find out you have to order at the other part of the restaurant. Go there order and ask for a beer, I get handed a root beer, and then told I have to order beers on the other side where I just came from. WTF? Ok, get my order head back, order my beer, and then when I ask for ketchup they tell me I have to go back to the front and pay for something they call "tomato sauce". Fuck that. Is this a joke to fuck with out of towners?

Anyways fish and chips were ok, oysters sucked. what a waste of time.

Other than that Sydney is really nice!
They charged you for tomato sauce?!? That's fuckin un-Australian I tells you!

Sorry for the bad meal. I feel personally responsible whenever someone from overseas has a bad experience here :/

Although I have no idea what's good in Sydney so I'm no help :(

Anybody considering playing Titanfall tonight should have a long, hard look at themselves. Because they should be fucking playing TxK.

But TxK costs money! Titanfall beta is free!

I'll probably ignore both and just watch the Cricket lol. Grandparents are meant to be in town this weekend though, they are old so I can't even call them on a mobile to see where they are/when they are getting in since they don't have one :/

Jintor

I ate at some great places near the bridge at North Sydney today. Fantastic fish and chips shop called "Under the Bridge" which was... under the bridge. After that we went to some retro diner called Batch and got a groovy Cola float and a mango smoothie. It was rad.

Tourist prices tho :< :< :<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom