• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazunta

I'm curious now about these tropical islands overrun with inbred pigs...

_txt_australia-map.gif

senahorse

How's that? Is MS going to run them out of another data centre?

Respawn’s Vince Zampella has just tweeted news that every Australian Titanfall player will want to hear: Australian servers are happening, and it could be as soon as tomorrow.

“Aussie servers coming online, starting Friday morning and building capacity each day!,” said Zampella. “Combined EA/MS/Respawn effort to make it happen!”
http://games.on.net/2014/03/titanfall-australian-servers-coming-online-as-early-as-tomorrow/

well well well, I might just eat my words and source a cheap key from somewhere

Titanfall is pretty fun. Glad I stumbled upon hamchan's post about the Mexico workaround

With Titanfall, Reaper of Souls preordered and South Park + Donkey Kong I think hope I can hold out until the PC release of Dark Souls 2.

rolls around in fetal position

Also, happy birthday Megadrive

legend166

Cowan found guilty, may he rot away in jail and maybe even get some prison justice.

I'm reading about his history now. Truly horrifying stuff. Makes me sick to my stomach.

In 1989 he molested a seven year old boy and got two years prison. In 1994 he raped a six year old boy and was released after four years.

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?

If the criminal justice system does it's job, Daniel Morcombe is still alive. Ugh.

Makes me incredibly angry.

senahorse

I'm reading about his history now. Truly horrifying stuff. Makes me sick to my stomach.

In 1989 he molested a seven year old boy and got two years prison. In 1994 he raped a six year old boy and was released after four years.

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?

If the criminal justice system does it's job, Daniel Morcombe is still alive. Ugh.

I was going to post his history in here and then thought better of it, the man is a vile parasite. Even if he is innocent in regards to Morcombe (very unlikely) he deserves the sentence all the same and much more.

Shaneus

I was going to post his history in here and then thought better of it, the man is a vile parasite. Even if he is innocent in regards to Morcombe (very unlikely) he deserves the sentence all the same and much more.
Nah, he confessed. They allocated 5 mins on ch. 9 news to how they stung him.

Mondy

Banned
Currently downloading Titanfall.

50 gigs, ugh. That's 1/4th of my monthly quota.

MondyOfWar < Add me, Titanfallers.

Stick of Truth was great. 5/5. Great episode of the show, one of the best. Animation and art were spot on perfect. Writing was hilarious with all the best hallmarks of the show being featured. Voice acting was fantastic, great delivery by Matt & Trey with great direction.
Huge props to Ubisoft for picking up the title during the collapse of THQ and bring brave enough to allow Obsidian the time to polish it right up. Zero glitches and errors on my end, PC version. Very shocking!

Also wtf at PAX this year. This is to get a table in the Indie Pavilion.
Exhibitors must be a registered company in Australia or New Zealand
Have no more than five full-time or contracted employees
Have at least one commercially released game.
Each stand costs $1200 - down from $1800 last year
A ton of great games last year wouldn't have been showable under these rules, like Assault Android Cactus!
The cost is understandable. Forcing people to publish a game first to be considered indie is ridiculous.
Seems like they only want the popular indies!

You know, I hardly use my Turtle Beach X41 anymore. I don't think it's as good as the Logitechs, but for quiet kid-friendly gaming, it should do the job fairly well I'd think.

Hell, I honestly can't remember when I last used them.
Yo rep, just completely ignore my offer of the Turtle Beach headphones? :(
Sorry! Was meant to reply but hadn't read the thread properly.

Thanks for the offer! You're good people. I really only need a set for PC though, for all the music/shows/games.
Never really had an issue with noise on the 360 as I don't play much on it since PC gaming is cheaper/game sharing with boss.

Again, thanks for the offer and sorry I haven't been posting in here much :)

Grabbed a pair of Sony MDR-XB920's for $99 at JB today! Half price! They're seriously amazinnggggggg
Saw the email for that. Wish they had a discount on their Playstation headsets!!!

Happybirthdaytome.jpg
Birthday! Hope it was a good one.

How's that? Is MS going to run them out of another data centre?
First thought was Amazon but since EA is involved it's likely just to be some of their stack configured with all the security and encryption Microsoft require to protect themselves.

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?

This is not an uncommon trail of destruction through the courts. Pretty heartbreaking stuff. We have one property at the moment that's pretty much a ticking time bomb since the tenants partner has been released from jail after 18 months in for a whole heap of fucked up shit. I give it 2 months at most before he does another 2 years.

I was slightly glad to know Daniel Morcombe didn't suffer the way his other victims had. This shit is why I never let my son out of my sight unless I know he is being 100% watched by someone I know.

Spoilered so as not to ruin peoples day.
Cowan lured a six-year-old boy into the bush in the Northern Territory. Cowan viciously raped the little boy on a rusted car wreck, leaving him with severe head injuries, a collapsed and punctured lung, a deep cut at the base of his scrotum, a bloodied nose and scratch marks over his torso.

The boy was found wandering naked, dazed and distressed near a petrol station on the Stuart Highway and taken to the Royal Darwin Hospital where he was placed in intensive care.

Cowan, then aged 24, initially denied having any involvement in the attack, but confessed when questioned a second time by police. He told police he needed help and requested to be imprisoned in the Moreton Correctional Centre in Queensland, where he could participate in a sexual offenders treatment program.

Dead man, you coming to NIN tonight?
The Perth show was incredible.
>_< Fuck you guys >_<

Damn Mega that was some shave. You look ridiculous now. :p

Stick of Truth was great. 5/5. Great episode of the show, one of the best. Animation and art were spot on perfect. Writing was hilarious with all the best hallmarks of the show being featured. Voice acting was fantastic, great delivery by Matt & Trey with great direction.
Huge props to Ubisoft for picking up the title during the collapse of THQ and bring brave enough to allow Obsidian the time to polish it right up. Zero glitches and errors on my end, PC version. Very shocking!

WTH you finished it already? How long did it take.

I don't have the game yet :(

How do you get the time to play with work, a wife and a kid?

I've played 2 games since 1st Jan - Brothers and ICO :(

Did pre-order Second Son though, so looking forward to that. Will wait till I can import a cheap uncensored copy of South Park for PS3.

PC version is compatible with controller?

Or I'll just give in and rent a local censored copy. :/

I don't have the game yet :(

How do you get the time to play with work, a wife and a kid?

I've played 2 games since 1st Jan - Brothers and ICO :(
I work good hours! Plus things have been a bit rough at home so I've spent more nights in the office at home doing my own thing. Usually stay up until midnight so that 4 or so hour block of time ads up quickly! It's been out for nearly 2 weeks now too. Maybe it was closer to 20 hours long, I'll ask my boss to check tonight.

I think it's one of the first games I've finished this year (Brothers doesn't count, that was only one sitting!).

Did pre-order Second Son though, so looking forward to that. Will wait till I can import a cheap uncensored copy of South Park for PS3.

PC version is compatible with controller?

Or I'll just give in and rent a local censored copy. :/
Second Son looks fucking amazing, someone was streaming it yesterday. Huge huge huge step up from the last game in terms of visuals, animation and acting. Wouldn't be shocked to hear that Naughty Dog came across and helped them out.

Played South Park with a 360 controller, works perfect.

Rep: That headset isn't exclusive for 360 use. It will work with anything optical or with stereo RCAs.
Oh I didn't know that!

Also I thought RCA was a record label :/

I need to save up some money to buy all this stuff off you dude! lol

(still crying I didn't bite on the PS4 :/)

Gazunta

A ton of great games last year wouldn't have been showable under these rules, like Assault Android Cactus!
Not knowing for sure but I'm pretty sure the AAC guys could just point to their Sega work and go yep, there's our previous commercially released game. Same for the fine, upstanding and devastatingly attractive Disparity Games team. In fact I can't think of anyone at the Indie booth last year who couldn't have qualified for that? Maybe Collateral?

Not knowing for sure but I'm pretty sure the AAC guys could just point to their Sega work and go yep, there's our previous commercially released game. Same for the fine, upstanding and devastatingly attractive Disparity Games team. In fact I can't think of anyone at the Indie booth last year who couldn't have qualified for that? Maybe Collateral?
How would you prove that? Need to be listed on Mobygames or something?

Seems really odd PAX don't qualify that better as it doesn't read like that.

it was, that's where the name came from. RCA designed the cables in the 40's

Oh wow, the more you know! Thanks old man!

(goes off to read up on whatever happened to RCA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom