• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazunta

Anyone get their accommodation booked for PAX with that email that just came through? The website has been destroyed, so I gave them a call and had it booked in minutes.

Haha yeah I had a feeling the website would die pretty quickly, same thing happens with E3 hotels every year. I have a relative who helps run one of the big hotels down there so I'm relying on her to sort us out later
or we'll sleep on her couch
- hotels are going to be one expense I don't really want to deal with right now :)

something something blah blah but Gazunta you're rich now Kickstarter blah blah something something

So, just went to the dermatologist and there's a fair chance the thing on my forehead that wasn't healing is some kind of cancer :/ Most likely nothing severe and was probably even cut out when he took the sample for testing, so I'll find out Wednesday if I need to get my head lopped off or not.

Biggest thing that sucks is this massive, fuckoff bandage thing that I have to wear until Sunday (which means wearing it during the pinball comp). Should heal in 2-3 weeks though if everything's okay :)

That sucks dude, hope it's nothing serious. I know you won't be able to sleep till Wednesday :/

So my internet speed is shithouse, but you knew that already.

What I'm wondering is how shithouse it is in comparison to other Aussies!

3132101017.png

Testmy.net:

???

Only slightly better. Switch to dodo if you can, certainly better than TPG.

3132281763.png

60 bucks/month for this isn't justified.

Yug

Anyone get their accommodation booked for PAX with that email that just came through? The website has been destroyed, so I gave them a call and had it booked in minutes.

Website is back up now ... we really gotta remember we have the ability to kill a server when we point everyone to one place :-S

The big thing to remember here guys is, look closely, our exclusive rates require no deposit and have a 7 day cancellation policy.

Omikron

Website is back up now ... we really gotta remember we have the ability to kill a server when we point everyone to one place :-S

The big thing to remember here guys is, look closely, our exclusive rates require no deposit and have a 7 day cancellation policy.

Does the same cancellation policy apply to your 3 day passes?

lexi

Banned
Sounds like too much effort to get a game I probably won't play very much. Battlefield 5 will probably launch this time next year anyway.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Guys I'd like to flag that HOLYCHEXPO is still occuring that weekend.

$40 entry price for a 3 day window. that $40 will go towards teh event. the event beeing booze and playing videogames and boardgames.

$15 for a day pass!

limited $60 pass for the 3 day weekend includes accomodation on a couch. we're at 99% capacity.

lexi

Banned

$40 entry price for a 3 day window. that $40 will go towards teh event. the event beeing booze and playing videogames and boardgames.

$15 for a day pass!

limited $60 pass for the 3 day weekend includes accomodation on a couch. we're at 99% capacity.

Sounds more appealing to me than PAX.

$15 for a day pass!

I'm in if you have booth babes.

Shaneus

Fuck Jambo, that damn-well sucks :( Hope your folks are okay.

Well, that particular picture is from an inter-league event. The NSW ACT finals. My league is reasonably diverse with 2 females and some under 30s. But yes, you could say pinball in Australia is dominated by white dudes in their 30s and beyond.
Not just Australia! I know there's one or two dark-skinned dudes who are prominent players in the US along with a handful of Asians, but the vast, VAST majority of players are late 20s-early 40s white dudes. I know I've heard mentioned (on a PAPA stream maybe?) about how to expand the hobby outside of that demographic.

Had my accommodation sorted about 10 years ago ;)

That sucks dude, hope it's nothing serious. I know you won't be able to sleep till Wednesday :/
I'm feeling fairly confident about it, TBH. Visual signs seem to point to basal-cell carcinoma which is basically the cancer equivalent of a splinter. So I'm hoping that's it, but we'll see.

holychexpo!!!
What happens if we lose our ticket? ;)

Mondy

Banned
Small proud moment of the day:

I'm the first ever Aussie to unlock the micromanagement trophy on Resogun (Or at least that's what PSN Profiles suggests, but hey a man can dream).

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Keen. I am probably not the best person to ask regarding bars though.
Make sure you bring Will along!

Count me in. Not normally a bar or pub person though, no real suggestions there. I think the Streetpass Brisbane group have a meeting that same day, their end of year meetup, but that should be finished by 4pm.

Anyway I think I've just decided on the https://www.facebook.com/TheManaBar as our official meet-up stop for BrisGAF in December 14th. Seems like it will be perfect.

lexi

Banned

I'm the first ever Aussie to unlock the micromanagement trophy on Resogun (Or at least that's what PSN Profiles suggests, but hey a man can dream).

I'll go with it. Well done!

I've never actually been to the mana bar. Do you need to book or something, I've heard it gets ridiculously busy?

hamchan

So starting playing with the PS4 a couple of hours ago, yeah it's pretty awesome.

Playing Killzone now, this is the first time I've actually liked how the shooting feels in the series. The only problem is the level design is a bit wack. It seems every chapter has a moment where I just run around lost for 5 minutes trying to find where to go or what to do next. I'm all for open level design but I think they needed to provide a little bit more guidance. Pretty fun game though, more than I can say for previous entries.

Also I have to look down everytime I want to hit the options button because I keep hitting the touchpad instead. Gonna take a while to get used to no start button there.

Dead Man

holychexpo!!!

and death, we'll try, by booth babes you mean me in boardshorts right?

SOLD!

Nice one! (I am assuming the PSN profiles info is accurate, and take no responsibility if it is not)

Mondy

Banned
Nice one! (I am assuming the PSN profiles info is accurate, and take no responsibility if it is not)

Its accurate up to all who have actually joined the site, which runs well into the millions. The built in percentage on PSN would be far more accurate.

Im pretty certain its true because I unlocked that trophy in my first ever game on Resogun which was about 10 past 1 in the morning.

Fck dbl post.

So starting playing with the PS4 a couple of hours ago, yeah it's pretty awesome.

Playing Killzone now, this is the first time I've actually liked how the shooting feels in the series. The only problem is the level design is a bit wack. It seems every chapter has a moment where I just run around lost for 5 minutes trying to find where to go or what to do next. I'm all for open level design but I think they needed to provide a little bit more guidance. Pretty fun game though, more than I can say for previous entries.

Also I have to look down everytime I want to hit the options button because I keep hitting the touchpad instead. Gonna take a while to get used to no start button there.

Yeah that's true, took me some time to get used to the options button.

Prepare your jaw to drop in certain levels.
Vekta flyover, fallen city, the agent sniper level, final level.

I spent hours in some of the levels just admiring the visual fidelity and replaying stealth and assault modes.

Got it last week. Sorry to shatter your dreams.

Also, the 0.1% ultra rare doesn't actually mean 1 person.

Congratulations on being the first Aussie with a locally purchased PS4 and using an australian account to get that trophy :)

Automatically. Received an email from amazon saying it has been applied to my account and is valid for any psn digital purchase.

I bought the KZSF season pass, it applied automatically.

Thanks guys, I took advantage of that deal. Sadly you can't use the $5 credit on the PS3--> PS4 upgrade of BF4 (since it's not available on the Amazon Playstation Store, AFAICS), but I'm sure I'll find something on there to spend it on in the next 12 months :)

EDIT: I'm such an idiot, I can just get a $10 US PSN voucher from Amazon and use the $5 credit towards that. lol.

Thanks guys, I took advantage of that deal. Sadly you can't use the $5 credit on the PS3--> PS4 upgrade of BF4 (since it's not available on the Amazon Playstation Store, AFAICS), but I'm sure I'll find something on there to spend it on in the next 12 months :)

You can still use it to buy a $10 PSN funds card from amazon. Should cost you $5 only. Use it to add funds to your PSN wallet and then purchase the $10 upgrade.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
6 hours til mario!

every one remember to plug in your wii, and its hard drive, and to charge your game pad!

1 hour to $30 PSN plus deal from amazon!

Everyone remember to log into amazon, set your primary billing address to US, and hit that refresh button!

sorry holy :p

US plus gets free Borderlands 2 next week!

1471161_10152008142276530_1084225887_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom