• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSN: AnkhWeasel.

PS4 has been nothing but impressive so far. Installs are "quick" (in that in my experience they've all been covered up by basic gameplay), games look pretty, Remote Play seems to work pretty well, and even the second screen app I've fiddled with (NFS) was super easy to set up.

Even the voice recognition stuff with the camera works flawlessly. Admittedly, that's likely because of the limited vocabulary they've allowed it to understand.

Best part is the speed at which it downloads the games off PSN. PS3 was slow, especially with f/w and game updates. PS4 does everything in a flash.

Took me 6 hours to d/l 35GB of BF4. PS3 would have taken almost the whole day.

Axiom

My PSN is FlashHawaii

I don't play too many games with other people, but if I'm going to they may as well be AusGAF

Got to Lorne about 8. Ate some BBQ and started drinking about 8:30. It's now 3:40am and I'm going to sleep to wake up tomorrow to look at some sweet-ass waterfall.

Gotta buy more booze. =)

Shaneus

My PSN is FlashHawaii

I don't play too many games with other people, but if I'm going to they may as well be AusGAF
tJQXYlK.jpg

A person from Big W is searching everywhere for Super Mario 3D World. They couldn't find it. They said they could find it later today or tomorrow.

So I will price match when other places open.

EDIT: It's not in the catalogue, which I expect to be an issue. I should have just biught it on the eShop for $7 back.

are you not amused?
Don't eat the killer tofu, man!

Fucking UPlay. I wish you would just die. In a fire.

Regards
codswallop
Also, Jase.

Just bought a Vita today for $199... Immediately regretted it until I activated my PS+ and downloaded Guacamelee. Such a cool game.
Yes. Yes, it is.

Is Guacamelee the freebie for the month? I need to get on that shit.
Yes. Yes, it is.

Yes. Yes, you should.

So who here got a PS4? I'd love to add some more AusGaf friends on PSN. Add me: mandiller
I'll add you tonight, if I remember. Otherwise you (and anyone else) can add me: Planet_JASE.

Add me! All my friends are back in Europe so no-ones ever on when I play. mavisSC
Add me... before I add you.

PSN: AnkhWeasel.

PS4 has been nothing but impressive so far. Installs are "quick" (in that in my experience they've all been covered up by basic gameplay), games look pretty, Remote Play seems to work pretty well, and even the second screen app I've fiddled with (NFS) was super easy to set up.

Even the voice recognition stuff with the camera works flawlessly. Admittedly, that's likely because of the limited vocabulary they've allowed it to understand.
Same for you.

And I agree, the installs, ease of installation and the background install/downloads is pretty unobtrusive. I had to take my PS4 over to a friends (cause I has no real internets) and was concerned that ti was going to be the usual clusterfuck of slow installs and abysmal download speeds. Surprisingly, everything was quick and painless.

My PSN is FlashHawaii

You too.

EB were doing one of their double trade-in amount it put towards a new console at the same time I was thinking about regaining some space at home by getting rid of my old games. Getting the console for $200 seemed like a good deal. I wouldn't have bought one this early, otherwise. I'm quite okay with the fact that it's going to get dusty over the next 6 months or so, considering how much I still need to play for my existing consoles. Hopefully by the time I'm ready to purchase more games for my PS4 the prices for the games will have come down and the selection will have improved dramatically.

I've only played a bit of Resogun and Assassin's Creed (about 5-10 mins of each only) so nothing's really wowed me at this point. I expect it may be a while before we start getting that sort of stuff. For me, personally, anyway.

Hopefully I can play more with it tonight and allow myself the time to appreciate some of the features and games.

How you doing, buddy?

Good luck and protect your balls at all time.

Quickly, though: I know you're a bit of a Pinball Purist, but I also know that you just picked up a bunch of Pinball FX tables. What's your opinion about them?

Poona

Ingram

Doing well in the Steam Sales so far. I purchased Papers, Please for my partner to keep going and I nabbed CS:GO for myself today :) I nearly caved last night and got HOMM6 but I decided I will just grab HOMM3 from GoG eventually. Fond memories of playing it back in the day, even if I didn't really play it a hell of a lot.

I wish I could go back to when I was a kid playing Baldur's Gate/Fallout/HOMM3 and tell myself to play nothing else but these games until they're finished or else spend the rest of your adult life pining for the good old days you didn't fully appreciate when you were in them.

markot

Banned
Id be the immortal emporer king of Japan sitting on a golden throne and able to make them do whatever I want.

Like make the entire country a Nintendo studio.

How similar is 3D World to 3D Land? I remembered that I picked it up with my 3DS but ignored it for MH then Fire Emblem then something else then Etrian Odyssey IV/Pokemon/Zelda. Started playing it last night and its pretty cool although disappointingly easy. Am I getting the gist of the '3D' gameplay here? Mostly trying to convince myself not to buy World today.

Is a fake US address all I need to buy digital games on Amazon?
AssCreed3 is 7.50, Saints Row 15 americans
Yes, but it must set as your primary or 1-click collect address.
Yep, and remember to use a state like Delaware that doesn't have sales tax!

Also suggest immediately setting your primary address back to your normal one straight after to avoid unpleasantness.

Id be the immortal emporer king of Japan sitting on a golden throne and able to make them do whatever I want.
Or, you know, trapped in a tomb forever.

Jintor

How similar is 3D World to 3D Land? I remembered that I picked it up with my 3DS but ignored it for MH then Fire Emblem then something else then Etrian Odyssey IV/Pokemon/Zelda. Started playing it last night and its pretty cool although disappointingly easy. Am I getting the gist of the '3D' gameplay here? Mostly trying to convince myself not to buy World today.

3DLand doesn't 'start' until you beat the game, in line with Nintendo's modern-day approach to videogame difficulty (I don't understand it either). Same with World, apparently.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

What I've played so far (only 2 world's in) it's fairly similar. But having watched enough streams to have finished the game 5x over, it gets very not 3d land from world 4 onwards. And starts to get galaxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom