• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

There is little hope for the books to be finished, at least before the TV shows. That would be hilarious, book 7 "Based on the hit TV show". Anyway, I believe there is only 3 books as it is. My gf and I often joke that George RR Martin found the unpublished first three books and then tried to write the rest on his own, they certainly feel like they were written by two different people.

Probably make the last book into a movie (trilogy). It's pretty worrying though that there's only one book worth of story left for a lot of the major characters. Dude needs to at least get that 6th book out within the next three years.

Installing some GeForce experience update, about to test 780 GHz edition.

Edit: Success. Thief is averaging almost 60fps maxed out, no audible coil whine.

Shaneus

Does anyone know who this guy is? Lives in Melbourne, has a wife (or at least, a kid) and upstairs is basically a Timezone.

Edit: Name is Joel, initials are JOP (I guess by the license plates on his supercars).

Edit #2: Joel Hopkins. No idea how he got so rich or whatever, but it saddens me that he has all those games and they're out of circulation :(

I spent my day dealing with one of my team members who got a verbal death threat of a 'screwdriver through the fucking eyeball' and then spent my night marathoning the first 10 episodes of this season of The Big Bang Theory.

University of Adelaide study finds videos do not negatively impact adolescent performance

Flinders University researchers analysed data from more than 192,000 students from 22 countries and found that contrary to a popular view that increased video-game play can affect academic performance and concentration among teenagers, it in fact had little impact on exam results.

Derp. No shit. Glad more of these studies are getting about though. Especially with such a decent sample size.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
That research is pretty consistent with the stuff I'm learning about multi-literacies in my teaching course right now.

Omikron

^ they say the credit isn't retroactive, but it says I have 3.85 credit in playfire, but no credit on the GMG store. So who knows really. Might wait a few days.

And for the lack of other posts...here is an update on my EU4 game.

14D19495786A59BF43BDA0E11400F2675E49FF55

As you can see, I have stretched even further in a single province conga line and started taking pieces of India for myself. Marwar is a vassal who I will integrate soon enough. Plan is to attack progressively taking a few provinces and vassals as I can, but also breaking the bigger countries up into small entities to be integrated later.

My issue is my ally the Mughals have a few provinces I will need after they independently attacked Punjabi regions. Bastards, they will pay. In time.

Quasar

University of Adelaide study finds videos do not negatively impact adolescent performance

Derp. No shit. Glad more of these studies are getting about though. Especially with such a decent sample size.

It certainly negatively impacted mine. Though I'm not sure its any worse than being similarly engrossed in a TV show. They both reduce the amount of time I'd spend studying, and both reduce my desire to study rather than playing more/watching more.

Hell...the internet is the same. Where possible I frequently unplug my pc from the internet so I wont get distracted rather than get studying done. Of course thats pretty hard now given how materials and resources are all internet dependent.

senahorse

According to telco industry publication Commsday, a discussion paper outlining the FTTN product set reveals NBN Co will offer similar peak speed tiers of 50 and 100 megabit per second downloads, and 5, 10, 20 and 40 Mbps uploads as the former fibre-to-the-premises option.

However, users of the FTTN network will not receive speed guarantees beyond 25 Mbps down and 1 Mbps up, the report states - similar to the maximum performance under ideal line conditions of today's ADSL2+ service.

Fibre customers hoping to receive the fast service they ordered may also end up being disappointed under NBN Co's proposals.

NBN Co reportedly said it will not take responsibility for individual line speeds, leaving the selection of the correct speed tier to end users and providers.

Read more: http://www.itnews.com.au/News/38281...uarantees-for-fttn-service.aspx#ixzz2yuCxP2ar

Just wow, shut up shop now, cancel this clusterfuck of a project if you're not going to do it properly.

markot

Banned
WE NEED AUSTERITY GOVERNMENT SPEND TOO MUCH AND PENSIONS OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

*Wastes billions on pointless internet network that will need to be overhauled within a decade

>.<

legend166

I know it sucks, but it's still slight disingenuous to compare a speed guarantee (i.e. a minimum) to a maximum theoretical that no one actually achieves.

senahorse

The comparison is apt imo it's essentially the same speed,you may achieve next door to the exchange, not many do buts it's possible. They are guaranteeing you a speed that is the current maximum of an old (and inadequate technology). And the upload speed is very close to what a lot of people get.

The comparison is apt imo it's essentially the same speed,you may achieve next door to the . They are guaranteeing you a speed that is the current maximum of an old (and inadequate technology). And the upload speed is very close to what a lot of people get.

Yeah, I get pretty close on adsl2 atm.

so any of you adorable nerds follow league

because if so, i need a drink after yesterday's game

(Also, hi everyone!~ How is everyone going on this fine Sydney morning?)

Edit:Holy shoot Poimandres, you do not attend Macquarie University! =P

Read more: http://www.itnews.com.au/News/38281...uarantees-for-fttn-service.aspx#ixzz2yuCxP2ar

Just wow, shut up shop now, cancel this clusterfuck of a project if you're not going to do it properly.
Hopefully consumers vote with their wallet and avoid NBN like the plague for cheaper ADSL2 deals. Hell even cable if it becomes more widespread.

No decent ps4 deals anywhere. Ffs.

Wait for another 10% off Dick Smith deal! Like me! Even though I won't have enough money at the time to buy one again! >_<

Deeku

I wish mq had a proper theatre or something for graduation. Doing it in like an empty space in the middle of a building is kinda ghetto

Also hope you have a decent speaker, my one was crap!

senahorse

Hopefully consumers vote with their wallet and avoid NBN like the plague for cheaper ADSL2 deals. Hell even cable if it becomes more widespread.

You didn't get the memo? Cable is now part of the NBN since Turnbull became minister (well will be after giving Telstra even more money). Nice way to bump up the stats to say "look how many people we have got on NBN, compared to slow Labor"

Deeku

Speaking of Kindles, is there anything I should be mindful of before getting one? I'm reading a lot more these days, and I figure I'd rather pile up digital books than physical ones given my current living situation. And I will probably use it a lot for pdfs.

The Paperwhite seems good?

hamchan

Speaking of Kindles, is there anything I should be mindful of before getting one? I'm reading a lot more these days, and I figure I'd rather pile up digital books than physical ones given my current living situation. And I will probably use it a lot for pdfs.

The Paperwhite seems good?

They suck at PDFs.

For just ebooks it's pretty great though. Paperwhite is the best Kindle out so far.

Quasar

You didn't get the memo? Cable is now part of the NBN since Turnbull became minister (well will be after giving Telstra even more money). Nice way to bump up the stats to say "look how many people we have got on NBN, compared to slow Labor"

I thought Telstra made a deal with nbn co anyway, back when they got their giant windfall to all nbn co to use Telstra conduits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom