• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSA: PS4 players jump onto Warframe before Tuesday for a free weapon

Dead Nation Vita will be YOPO with the PS3 version (the PS4 version is different, with the expansion included for free and all the social features) and is out tonight!

Final Fantasy 8 steamkey is $4.80 at GMG with O3H7FE-D4NFO0-F0LIGK coupon

In the grand scheme of NSW political corruption, not declaring a $3000 bottle of wine is not very corrupt.

Can't believe he didn't just say "I can't remember if I received it. If I did, I apologise for not declaring it - it was a very hectic time and I'm truly sorry for not following proper process. I can guarantee it had absolute no impact on any actions by me or my government."

Would any one really have called for his head over it?

Nope.

Him lying to the corruption panel puts him out of commission basically. What a complete fuck up. Legit lied, got caught, legit fucked.

Dead Man

In the grand scheme of NSW political corruption, not declaring a $3000 bottle of wine is not very corrupt.

Can't believe he didn't just say "I can't remember if I received it. If I did, I apologise for not declaring it - it was a very hectic time and I'm truly sorry for not following proper process. I can guarantee it had absolute no impact on any actions by me or my government."

Would any one really have called for his head over it?

Lying to a corruption investigation is pretty corrupt.

Edit: Misunderstood your question, sorry. Yeah, in hindsight it was the much better option, but you know how politicians are. Deny, deny, deny. The public can't do shit if you lie though, unlike an inquiry. Total fuck up at all levels of thinking.

senahorse

I wish the Lego games had online co-op on PC. Oh hey it doesn't have online co-op on dirty consoles either, there is no choice then $5 vs bazillions...

Gazunta

I bought it on Steam for like six bucks the other day thanks to Reptile and it's the best six bucks I've ever spent, and I spent six bucks on a really good curry once.

Gazunta

Is Lego Marvel good?

I really enjoyed Lego LOTR. Is it similar (i.e. open world with missions) or more like the Lego Batman games?

I absolutely love it but I am a total sucker for Marvel anything and LEGO anything so hey.

It's kind of both? There's some linear missions at the start, then you get to muck around in open world New York as any character you've unlocked and go on side missions and then play around with the later linear missions.

Dude, five bucks, c'mon.

markot

Banned
Honestly. Why would you buy a console?

More expensive games, far fewer of them, and pay for online play, and everything is on steam cheaper, better, faster........... etc!

Its like chosing to buy a motorbike over a car. Stupid.

Also everyone knows the best lego game ever is city undercover, the writing puts every other game ever to shame. Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

senahorse

More expensive games, far fewer of them, and pay for online play, and everything is on steam cheaper, better, faster........... etc!

Also everyone knows the best lego game ever is city undercover, the writing puts every other game ever to shame. Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Don't you need a console for that?

Quasar

Games that don't exist on PC...hardware that's in an appropriate form factor and price.

Those are the reasons I didn't get around to building a steam box and bought a PS4. Maybe over time there will be more appropriate components so I could build such a thing.

markot

Banned
Everyone smart knows that nintendo games make Nintendo consoles worth it.

But a PS4? Xbone? Vita? Hahah, make me laugh more with that kind of comedy.

Infammouse? Halo halo? Some vita game people actually bought?

Dont make me laugh.

PC+Nintendo = gaming.

dont be a pretender pretending to pretend pretentiously.

PC is cheap if you consder everythinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg. games for 1/4 the price. Everything you can do on pc. NO MONTHLYSUBBBBBBBB.

PC + Nintendo, this gen, last gen, every gen. The smart choice.

Jintor

Ninty is an odd case for me because I don't think I consider any one of their single franchises 'exceptional' but they're all still relentlessly high quality.

Like, I like and enjoy Pokemon, Zelda, Metroid, etc but none of them I think would be top 10 games forever. That said I've yet to play the Galaxies so idunno lol

Basically pre-2009 Steam never tracked usage on your profile. so any games pre that date are going to be incorrect.

When many of the graphs/data involve games released before that time, it sort of invalidates the majority of the article for mine. Never mind that the original author never even knew that was the case.

Deletes from reading list.

markot

Banned
Ninty is an odd case for me because I don't think I consider any one of their single franchises 'exceptional' but they're all still relentlessly high quality.

Like, I like and enjoy Pokemon, Zelda, Metroid, etc but none of them I think would be top 10 games forever. That said I've yet to play the Galaxies so idunno lol

I hope you get bird pig flu in Japan.

The medical industry circle-jerk continues.

Doctor said he doesn't want to prescribe a sedative, just tells us to be more "strict" despite our son being on a strict diet, strict entertainment leash, strict screentime schedule and strict behavioral regime.

I have to assume to be more strict is telling us to beat him if he doesn't do as we say. Hard to understand where the quack is coming from.

He found it completely fine to prescribe melatonin though, which requires a prescription as well as a full rundown at the chemist that the product is NOT considered safe for people under 18 so we have to accept the consequences of that apparently as they don't know the long term effects of it's usage.

Oh and it's $40. All this PBP bullshit seems to be $40 for some reason.

He also didn't give a timeline on how long to use the melatonin for. Or any of the above information about it. He basically wanted us to fuck off out of his office and leave him alone. Which seems typical of 90% of GP's I've come across in the last decade.

Yay! Now I know why our parents damaged us psychologically/physically or locked us in our rooms.

Dead Man

The medical industry circle-jerk continues.

Doctor said he doesn't want to prescribe a sedative, just tells us to be more "strict" despite our son being on a strict diet, strict entertainment leash, strict screentime schedule and strict behavioral regime.

I have to assume to be more strict is telling us to beat him if he doesn't do as we say. Hard to understand where the quack is coming from.

He found it completely fine to prescribe melatonin though, which requires a prescription as well as a full rundown at the chemist that the product is NOT considered safe for people under 18 so we have to accept the consequences of that apparently as they don't know the long term effects of it's usage.

Oh and it's $40. All this PBP bullshit seems to be $40 for some reason.

He also didn't give a timeline on how long to use the melatonin for. Or any of the above information about it. He basically wanted us to fuck off out of his office and leave him alone. Which seems typical of 90% of GP's I've come across in the last decade.

Yay! Now I know why our parents damaged us psychologically/physically or locked us in our rooms.
I can sympathise. Sucks even more when you are trying to help your kid.

markot

Banned
Im more of a beavis then a butthead.

And also, there are great doctors out there.

Just that men tend to not be them from my experience!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

Lego city undercover is really an amazing game.

Also I don't know, I don't play 1500 games a year, so nintendo offerings for me offer me enough variety and excitement in a year. And if I'm buying 10 games a year, I want them to all be pretty great. And nintendo games generally are.

Nintendo games are almost always great and almost always boring to me. Rarely unexpected, rarely sends me on a loop.
Nintendo are a good warm blanket provider, good for when you are sick and just want a good old school cuddle. Like chicken soup.

legend166

huh

lack of achievements?

Nah Nintendo have been implementing cheevo style systems in each game. Even just from buying a Nintendo game you get a certain amount of 'stars' which you can then turn in for decent freebies every now and then (even if the system is pretty shit in terms of how quickly they expire).

Every Nintendo game since SMG2 has put me to sleep.

Jintor

that said if you didn't love kid icarus uprising there be something wrong with you pashow

if only it didn't physically hurt to play. sakuraaaaaiiiiiiiiiii

hamchan

I haven't felt excited for a Nintendo game in a long long time. They obviously still make high quality games since I own over 30 games for the 3DS, but it all feels very "been there, done that" right now. I know as good as Mario Kart and Smash will be, it's not enough to get me to buy a Wii U.

Terrified Nintendo brought us Metroid Prime, more F-Zero, Wind Waker, third party exclusives like Viewtiful Joe.

And then their Wii success made them comfortable. We got a cool Mario game since then, I guess. Their stuff's been solid, but uninspired.

Dead Man

What the fuck?

http://www.poopourri.com/

gxMkVIv.png

Nintendo uninspired? Never thought I'd hear those two words uttered in the same breath.
Do you disagree? New Super Mario Bros, Skyward Sword, Wind Waker re-release, more Pokemon. Not exactly top tier Nintendo.

The most interesting things they've done in the past few years is get The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2, and it's not really worked out that well so far.

Shaneus

Do I have to upgrade my Vita to play those? Guess I don't really use the exploited PSP thingy part of it anyway, might as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom