• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop talking about the NBN, it's getting me more depressed :(
I remember that dickhead Turnbull talking recently about making it a monopoly so Optus et al don't setup their own FTTP service.
Fuck this government.

8.png

XBL marketplace sale. Yay.

Pinball FX2 tables are 50% off
The Walking Dead Season 1 for 50% off, first episode is FREE
Borderlands 2 DLC is 50% off
AC4 Black Flag DLC is 50% off
Dishonoured DLC is 75% off
Dead Island DLC for 75% off
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim DLC for 50% off
Tropico 4 DLC for 50% off
Pac Man CE DX+ DLC for 50% off
State of Decay DLC for 50% off
The Wolf Among Us episode 2 for 50% off (which is priced higher than the US price, if you can wait hold out for another sale on the Season Pass which is the same price as the US)
Batman Arkham City DLC: Harley Quinn's Revenge is 75% off for GOLD members

Gmaes!

Pac Man CE DX+ for $4.97
Batman Arkham Asylum for $7.48 for GOLD members
Batman Arkham City for $7.48 for GOLD members
LEGO Batman 2 for $9.88 for GOLD members

PlayAsia!

Killzone Shadow Fall on PS4 for $37 posted
MGS Ground Zeroes on X1 for $28 posted

Yeah will hang out for a decent price. Though I'm really just wanting to impulse buy one for trials fusion.
It's more expensive than I expected on current gen. Will wait for a Steam sale.

Yeah I doubt we'll beat 10% off this year in Australia.

I'm hoping for an XBO drop tho.
X1 drop is expected at E3 right?

Otherwise they seem to be bundling a shitload of stuff lately, like 2 games with XBL gold and X1 for $600.

It's more expensive than I expected on current gen. Will wait for a Steam sale.

X1 drop is expected at E3 right?

Otherwise they seem to be bundling a shitload of stuff lately, like 2 games with XBL gold and X1 for $600.

I don't think we have any evidence or leaks to that effect, but it absolutely makes sense for them to come out of E3 with all guns blazing. Better to catch up now than risk continuing to fall behind.

I don't think we have any evidence or leaks to that effect, but it absolutely makes sense for them to come out of E3 with all guns blazing. Better to catch up now than risk continuing to fall behind.

Hopefully the big news everyone is talking about tonight is a surprise price drop!

It's either that or Lords of Shadow 3 will be announced. Not sure which is most likely.

Reptile Scorpio are you supposed to be like the Australian Wario or something?

I'm super lazy and post most bargains only on Twitter. But I'm indeed Australian so that means if it's too long I'll post it here. Twitter is too much effort for lots of bargains :/

I should get a job at the Australian equivalent of GameTrailers. Would that be The Australian?

Tommy DJ

Is a cable really that unbearable? Bluetooth headphones are all nearly universally bad for the price you pay. The Sony MDR-1RBT is one of the better bluetooth headphones out there but it has distortion through the roof. So if you really, really wanted one that sounded OK, the Sony you posted would be a good option.

All the decent ones are $300+ and that's basically entering high end headphone territory. They are products that don't really make sense unless you just buy a really cheap one.

Shaneus

Bluetooth sucks.

Buy the G930's (although mine died recently >_< )
Did you still want Turtle Beach ones? And GT6?

I made a comic about Street Fighter 2010 and nobody even tried to stop me.

OFFICE CULTURE TIP: If people are often coming up to your desk with things for you to do just put a slightly scrambled Rubik's cube on your desk. The offending parties will approach your desk with something to tell you, get distracted by the cube, and then walk away as they can't remember what they came to you to talk about. Works every time!
Put a solved one there, then everyone will think you're smart as well.

lexi

Banned
Bluetooth sucks.

Buy the G930's (although mine died recently >_< )

I've owned both the wireless and wired versions of these and they are good, but give me terrible headaches after using for an extended period of time. I'm now using Corsair Vengeance 2100 and it's a very comfortable change.

c3cbbe17-ee3a-41ae-a4e7-007c02e92f4a_500.jpg

Dear Nick & Jodie,

We wanted to thank you for your kind note & the wonderful wine. 1959 was a good year, even if it is getting further away! Thanks for all your support.

Kind regards,
Baz and Rosemary

Mr O'Farrell yesterday denied receiving a $3,000 bottle of wine in 2011 from Australian Water Holdings (AWH) executive Nick Di Girolamo.

lol lying shithead.

Did you still want Turtle Beach ones? And GT6?
Absolutely! Totally forgot about them while you were away sorry :)

He's going to double his yearly income by resigning and he knows it.

Also this Ars article on Steam numbers is pretty great aside from the fact that the publication that had been running a large scale operation on Steam for months and months had no fucking idea that the 'hours played' statistic only came in a few years ago!

Embarrassing they didn't have that kind of knowledge on Steam. I'm sure the rest of the data is pretty good but it certainly dents my confidence in their knowledge if they didn't even know the history of Steam.

senahorse

Also this Ars article on Steam numbers is pretty great aside from the fact that the publication that had been running a large scale operation on Steam for months and months had no fucking idea that the 'hours played' statistic only came in a few years ago!

Embarrassing they didn't have that kind of knowledge on Steam. I'm sure the rest of the data is pretty good but it certainly dents my confidence in their knowledge if they didn't even know the history of Steam.

Goddam at those skyrim numbers.

Cheers for posting that, always interesting to see actual numbers not just people's guesses.

Rizzi

I just read Foxtel's open letter to all the people that obtain Game of Thrones through alternative methods.
I don't think I've laughed that hard in a while.

Omikron

Haha. I had only read the intro and put it into my reading list for later.

Basically pre-2009 Steam never tracked usage on your profile. so any games pre that date are going to be incorrect.

When many of the graphs/data involve games released before that time, it sort of invalidates the majority of the article for mine. Never mind that the original author never even knew that was the case.

Just other guesses based on incomplete information?

It's definitely not actual numbers but is probably the best we will ever get. Fairly well structured but very flawed analysis so far. Hope the rest of the articles on it don't make stupid, inept assumptions using the data.

Still can't believe they missed the 'hours played' flag.

legend166

In the grand scheme of NSW political corruption, not declaring a $3000 bottle of wine is not very corrupt.

Can't believe he didn't just say "I can't remember if I received it. If I did, I apologise for not declaring it - it was a very hectic time and I'm truly sorry for not following proper process. I can guarantee it had absolute no impact on any actions by me or my government."

Would any one really have called for his head over it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom