• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

So, buying phones on Ebay, anyone been burnt? Not been burnt? Is it a stupid idea? Looking at a HTC One Mini but I think I want the black which seems to be a Vodafone exclusive at the moment, and fuck them, that's who I am trying to get away from.

Such bastards they are, they made sure the $40 amazon deal would not be eligible for the $10 PS4 upgrade. People who bought it are fuming.

What? That is absolutely shiteful.

So, buying phones on Ebay, anyone been burnt? Not been burnt? Is it a stupid idea? Looking at a HTC One Mini but I think I want the black which seems to be a Vodafone exclusive at the moment, and fuck them, that's who I am trying to get away from.

I got a Nexus 4 16GB for my cousin for $260. It was barely a month old, spotless good as new. You can find good deals, prefer to buy from a local seller so you can pick up and actually inspect the phone before paying.

Have had mostly a good experience with gumtree as well.

What? That is absolutely shiteful.

I know. BF4 and AC4 upgrades worked straight away. CoD did not. Amazon said talk to Sony, Sony said talk to Activision, Activision said FUCK YOU!

What I've played so far (only 2 world's in) it's fairly similar. But having watched enough streams to have finished the game 5x over, it gets very not 3d land from world 4 onwards. And starts to get galaxy.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ok then, I'll pick it up with Bravely Default next week. After that I'm officially not buying any games until next March. NO MORE GAMES

Likelihood of success < 10%

senahorse

I know. BF4 and AC4 upgrades worked straight away. CoD did not. Amazon said talk to Sony, Sony said talk to Activision, Activision said FUCK YOU!

Oh come on, you can't seriously be upset about this. Activision are struggling to make a profit in a cutthroat intdustry. They are always a 'pro gamer' company and always do whatever they can to support the community at the cost of their bottom line. This is a new generation, and costs have soared, cut them some slack. Next you will try telling me that digital versions of games should be always sold at cheaper rates then their retail counterparts...

Axiom

I really like Need for Speed Rivals so far, but Ford sponsored trophies are a little offputting

I've also discovered that, PC or PS4, I'll never ever get Warframe to not think I have a strict NAT no matter how I try to port-forward

Oh come on, you can't seriously be upset about this. Activision are struggling to make a profit in a cutthroat intdustry. They are always a 'pro gamer' company and always do whatever they can to support the community at the cost of their bottom line. This is a new generation, and costs have soared, cut them some slack. Next you will try telling me that digital versions of games should be always sold at cheaper rates then their retail counterparts...
9/10 - would vomit again.

lexi

Banned

On gaming side these days this could be confused as a serious post.

Shaneus

Good luck and protect your balls at all time.

Quickly, though: I know you're a bit of a Pinball Purist, but I also know that you just picked up a bunch of Pinball FX tables. What's your opinion about them?
As a purist, I'm not a big fan. They're definitely fun but I think of them more like Peggle With Flippers than pinball as they don't really replicate a lot that's great about "real" pinball. I'd love for them to try something that could be replicated with a physical machine but I think they're too in love with floaty characters and offputting special effects.

But if you're asking about the $6 Humble deal or whatever, go for it... it's a damn good price!

As for today, didn't do fantastically, but didn't play horribly either which was about all I could've asked for. I think nerves got the better of most people because once the tournament was over, everyone started smashing it when the machines were set to free play (including myself). So I finished 9th (out of 16) with one good game (and three shockers) and would've finished first if I had 4x the good one, but hanging out with other like-minded pinball folk was reward enough </cliche>

And because fuck it, have a present: Music from 3D Pinball - Space Cadet

BTW For rad pinball that isn't Pinball Arcade, I'd highly recommend the Pro Pinball games. They're probably super cheap on GOG right now.

Shaneus

Holy fucking shit.
Codemasters is now "re-evalauting" ways to integrate its community platforms with online services like RaceNet but says it will be awhile before it can get anything up and running.

If you play any Codemasters games, you may have noticed that its forums are offline. All Codemasters forums are offline, in fact, and there's actually a pretty simple reason: The deal with the service provider expired and Codemasters didn't have a Plan B.

"Our current forum supplier contract has come to an end, and we are re-evaluating how best we can integrate our community platform and channels with other online services such as RaceNet," a message posted where the forums used to be states. "Until then, please keep in touch with us via Facebook / Twitter where it's business as usual."
Fucking laughable. What idiots.

That's not Pinball Dreams!
Best music, not best game :p

markot

Banned
Codemasters are terrible >.< they used to be awesome, but then their games became awful.

The old Colin Mcrae games were great. But then they went for 'arcadey' crapadey.

3D Land finished. I'm not sure if I enjoyed it all that much. Hopefully the post game is as good as everyone says

God I hate the Circle Pad.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THE VITA IS GOOD

Killzone looks like a fucking PS3 game! Better than a PS3 game at times!

This console is god tier. Fucking god tier. Shame they didn't bundle memory with the OG Vita, huge pain in the arsenal that is.

Wow this thing is amazing, sorry I didn't buy in earlier Choc!

Makes the 3DS look like one of those shitty Tiger games you used to get in the bottom of cereal packets.

markot

Banned
Yeah, theres so many great games to play on vita.

Oh wait, I meant none!

Go back to russia. Vita is already outclassed by mobiles, power means nothing, not to mention, proprietry mammory.

Theres so many great 3ds games on the 3ds that only the most philistine stupido in the history of ever would even compare the two.

3ds is going down in history as amazingly t riff. Vita is just doing down down.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Damn Shaneus, ohwell, top 10 in the state :) fucking awesome.

So im just finishing world 3, and I'm thinking to myself ok this is where I've been told it gets cray.

In comes the music. Boom.
Time for more bourobvn

As a purist, I'm not a big fan. They're definitely fun but I think of them more like Peggle With Flippers than pinball as they don't really replicate a lot that's great about "real" pinball. I'd love for them to try something that could be replicated with a physical machine but I think they're too in love with floaty characters and offputting special effects.

But if you're asking about the $6 Humble deal or whatever, go for it... it's a damn good price!

As for today, didn't do fantastically, but didn't play horribly either which was about all I could've asked for. I think nerves got the better of most people because once the tournament was over, everyone started smashing it when the machines were set to free play (including myself). So I finished 9th (out of 16) with one good game (and three shockers) and would've finished first if I had 4x the good one, but hanging out with other like-minded pinball folk was reward enough </cliche>

And because fuck it, have a present: Music from 3D Pinball - Space Cadet

BTW For rad pinball that isn't Pinball Arcade, I'd highly recommend the Pro Pinball games. They're probably super cheap on GOG right now.
Congrats on making the top 10, Shaneus!

I wasn't asking about the Pinball FX tables because I wanted to buy them, I just knew your stance on non-realistic tables and was just curious what you thought.

Plus, I'd never ask for your opinion about a game to help decide on buying it. That's silly and just asking for disappointment.

Once again, congrats on 9th place.

HolyCheck

I like that Shaneus. Most hated posters are congratulating him

Also, goodwork ausgaf.
1401540_613848005338518_154501994_o.jpg

Anyone had any miis of eachother yet?

hamchan

This console is god tier. Fucking god tier. Shame they didn't bundle memory with the OG Vita, huge pain in the arsenal that is.

Makes the 3DS look like one of those shitty Tiger games you used to get in the bottom of cereal packets.

It really is the best handheld ever made. Sony knocking it out of the park with their hardware this gen.

HolyCheck

Yeah it's a huge shame there's not much of a market for it and therefore not much of a library. If only Nintendo would go third party right? Nintendo games on the best designed handheld, sounds awesome.

Get a wiiu and sit in ur toilet

markot

Banned
Yeah it's a huge shame there's not much of a market for it and therefore not much of a library. If only Nintendo would go third party right? Nintendo games on the best designed handheld, sounds awesome.

Ahahaha. Best designed handheld.

Stop blowing your own blowhardiness.

Shaneus

You didn't say best, you said rad. And it's indeed rad.

I rest my case.
This I cannot argue with. Shame what DICE has turned into :(

You only just got one? I don't think I knew you had one. When did you get it? Did I not tell you it was awesome?

Do you want Persona 4? At this point, I'd practically give it away (now).

Did you end up grabbing Death's PS4? Jebus, you must be made of cash (and hiding it damn well, you must be like a millionaire up in your parts).

Damn Shaneus, ohwell, top 10 in the state :) fucking awesome.
Well, never thought of it like that! Makes me feel better about it (not that I feel bad or anything, but still!) :D

Congrats on making the top 10, Shaneus!

I wasn't asking about the Pinball FX tables because I wanted to buy them, I just knew your stance on non-realistic tables and was just curious what you thought.

Plus, I'd never ask for your opinion about a game to help decide on buying it. That's silly and just asking for disappointment.

Once again, congrats on 9th place.
Thanks... and... um, screw you. But overall, thanks :)

I like that Shaneus. Most hated posters are congratulating him
I'd say all of them are ;)

Black friday madness in the US.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=725290

Warning: .GIF overload.

Congrats on the vita rep. Get on PS plus and d/l the free games and hand it over to the little one.
Is that seriously fucking legit? Jesus. People are fucking mad.

Edit: Oldboy on TV. Fucking bizarre movie, but god-tier as fuck. Just had the hammer fight scene, damn.

I think the Vita's future looks good. It has great hardware, heaps of cross-buy games, PS4 remote play, PS+ IGC and growing indie support.

HolyCheck

This I cannot argue with. Shame what DICE has turned into :(

You only just got one? I don't think I knew you had one. When did you get it? Did I not tell you it was awesome?

Do you want Persona 4? At this point, I'd practically give it away (now).

Did you end up grabbing Death's PS4? Jebus, you must be made of cash (and hiding it damn well, you must be like a millionaire up in your parts).

Well, never thought of it like that! Makes me feel better about it (not that I feel bad or anything, but still!) :D

Thanks... and... um, screw you. But overall, thanks :)

I'd say all of them are ;)

Is that seriously fucking legit? Jesus. People are fucking mad.

Edit: Oldboy on TV. Fucking bizarre movie, but god-tier as fuck. Just had the hammer fight scene, damn.

Damn fullstop grammars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom