• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredescu

This thread is getting too full and somebody is going to have to fuck off soon

66721_10151815497079913_1209168425_n.jpg

senahorse

Driving home I see these types commonly, I die a little inside when I see cars plastered with all those STRAYA LIKE IT OR FUCK OFF stickers etc.

Fredescu

Driving home I see these types commonly, I die a little inside when I see cars plastered with all those STRAYA LIKE IT OR FUCK OFF stickers etc.

They're just providing people with options that they may have otherwise not considered. As Australia is already extremely multicultural, the bearer of the sticker must by implication be happy about that fact.

Quasar

I'm going to continue to believe that is some alternate earth. Don't think I've ever seen something like that.

hamchan

Half way through the Raid 2. Seems like a lot more plot and talking compared to the first one. Hopefully everything explodes in the second half.

Dead Man

Half way through the Raid 2. Seems like a lot more plot and talking compared to the first one. Hopefully everything explodes in the second half.

There's a thread for that ;)

Haven't seen either of them yet, but I really enjoyed Dredd which people say is similar to the first one so I should probably get around to that.

The Raid 2 is the best action movie of all time. FACT.

Also Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition is out now for FREE on X1 for Gold members
Only one GwG X1 game this month, Microsoft shit the bed and didn't have a second game lined up lol

It's short for Web Log, isn't that clever?
Really?

REALLY?

>.>

That word is now irritating to me.

It's so barebones. It might be my favourite of the series in terms of the racing but they really dropped the ball in nearly every aspect around that.
The visuals/sounds are great too though. Just the idea of people wanting to tinker around with said visuals/sounds is an alien idea to Nintendo though since they are so used to simplifying everything down as much as possible to avoid people feeling stupid.

i wonder if there are technical reasons for not putting gamepad vs tv play in mk8
I don't see how there can be since you can race with multiple players, including one of those streaming to both the TV/gamepad.

Makes no sense honestly. The "opposition need to see them on the TV too" argument holds no water since there are very few cases it's useful. If they REALLY wanted to include that for ZE HARDCOREZ KARTZ PLAYAZ then they could just make it an option in the pre-race menu that you have to stream both, problem solved. Fucking simple, send me my check Ninty.

i was hoping it would've died down a bit by the time i woke up but nope, timezones. even going for a jog didn't do a lot for me
This is the age of Twitter buddy. That microcosm will keep that incident spiraling around for the next few days/weeks easily. The circlejerk feeds will only further the madness.

Deal Octopus only thread would be the best thing ever.
:)

youngones2.jpg

Guys! Guys! Look at us! Squabbling! Bickering, like children. What's happened to us? We never used to be like this!
Untitled.png

I'd love it if there was a webcomics thread I could hang out in too
I'm shocked there isn't one tbh! Maybe you should start one!

This thread is getting too full and somebody is going to have to fuck off soon

Says the man who not only TECHNICALLY does not live on the landform known as Australia but also probably wasn't even BORN ON SAID LANDMASS!

Gazunta

I'm shocked there isn't one tbh! Maybe you should start one!

I did! And then it died a page later. ><

So now I would feel bad if I necro'd it.

Maybe it failed because it was about people who MAKE comics, not necessarily for people who read them, but I have a feeling if I made something like that it would be a hundred pages of people reposting the same five comics over and over, then people saying all webcomics suck, then people posting rage comics, then people saying they suck, then arguing, and I'm just too old for this shit I just want to talk shop with other comic making people.

senahorse

I'm going to continue to believe that is some alternate earth. Don't think I've ever seen something like that.

They're just providing people with options that they may have otherwise not considered. As Australia is already extremely multicultural, the bearer of the sticker must by implication be happy about that fact.

I like both of these theories.

Explode it does, fantastic film.

Fredescu

Because we were originally a gaming thread about gaming stuff in the gaming forum before they got rid of megathreads in the regular forums and made community forums to put the megathreads in.

Darren870

Because we were originally a gaming thread about gaming stuff in the gaming forum before they got rid of megathreads in the regular forums and made community forums to put the megathreads in.

Ahh yes, I remember now.

Haven't been to gaming in ages. Well I guess besides coming here... if that counts...

Still no xbone in the mail today apparently.

ZncZhrn.png

Come on guys I sent a package to USA that only took 5 business days to arrive. Surely you can hope across the straight in less time than that.

Gazunta

It does look a bit nicer, but hell, after putting 200+ hours in on the DS version (and plenty more on the 360 and iOS versions each) I'm not exactly playing it for visuals :)

OH SHIT CITY RANGED ATTACKS HNNNNGH MUST TURN OFF IPAD

Axiom

I am fine with some political and sports chat here, but I do tend to tune out when they get dominant, so I was very glad to have the in depth back and forth shifted away. I like staying informed and I am genuinely far more interested in what you guys have to say about these things and give context than a random comment section, but it can easily become dominating. Even when most everyone seems to be on the same page.

Similarly I think discussing things like the GB situation here is fine, and like Gaz I really appreciate people piping in with what's going on in the forum at large. It's just getting in depth about it seems more suited to the topic dedicated to the subject, if one exists.

I can certainly see why people would rather a constantly active thread to discuss whatever they choose with folks they're more familiar with though.

Now back to my hole being annoyed I don't have a cheap 3DS

wonzo

Banned
new vegas is the best fallout game

The action scenes are great but theres way too much dumb "WHAT IS A FAMILY?!!?!?" shit dragging it down. Could've easily cut down the runtime by about ~30 mins and it would've been better off for it.

dredd 2012 still GOAT modern action film

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Played around 8-hours of Divinity Original Sin and it's really fucking awesome. All RPG fans on AusGAF needs to get on that shit. Especially if you love old school isometric rpgs like baldurs gate, ultima vii, icewind dale etc.

And to think there's still Pillars of Eternity and Wasteland 2 (already backed) to look forward to. I eagerly welcome our new Kickstarter RPG Overlords.

Squires and Boags aren't too bad. What is bad is the price breakdown!
Yeah still inferior to proper tap beer though, they charge a fortune for the higher quality stuff. Although The recent Woolworths $10 off deal would've been awesome for it.

Why is AusGAF in Gaming Community anyways? BritGAF and the others are in OT Community.

Never understood that.
Coz this thread is all about Gaming bargains for Australians!!!

Still no xbone in the mail today apparently.

ZncZhrn.png

Come on guys I sent a package to USA that only took 5 business days to arrive. Surely you can hope across the straight in less time than that.
r1qp39S.gif

Hug yo Paypal

aren't kmart clearing stock on 2ds/3ds?
Seems like a lot of them didn't have stock anyway. Can't remember the last time I saw one at a country KMart tbh

The action scenes are great but theres way too much dumb "WHAT IS A FAMILY?!!?!?" shit dragging it down. Could've easily cut down the runtime by about ~30 mins and it would've been better off for it.
Nah I loved the plot this time. It cribs from a lot of other action movies but it did everything really well. Made the action have more impact.
I love the first movie but it was pretty numb by the end. The last fight scene in Raid 2 is INCREDIBLE due to the build up to it.

Rizzi

You know, I just had a random thought.
I really want another Vampire the Masquerade game.
Someone needs to get on that already.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So I found out last night that my motherboard has a fast boot option and yep, it does what it says.

There's also an ultra fast boot but i think that requires some prereqs which I haven't looked into yet.

Thanks motherboard!

Cerity

Seems like I missed the boat on the Wii U bundles, called around to all the local kmarts/targets/big dubs and they're all out

I guess I shouldn't have spent as much during the steam sales :/

Yeah still inferior to proper tap beer though, they charge a fortune for the higher quality stuff.
It's possible, using a particular pouring technique, to achieve a similar consistency and mouthfeel to draft beer from a bottle. Doesn't suit all styles of beer though and requires some patience.

senahorse

Totes mugging your postie. Whereabouts do you live? j/k about the postie, but would totally pay you a visit for some OVR DK2 Assetto Corsa action.

Brisbane. I also have an old racing cockpit in storage I am considering digging out, one of these:

contracted.jpg

If I can be bothered unbolting the wheel from the wheelstand pro.

Darklord

Banned
So everyone ordering from dicksmith beware! They're screwing over a lot of people at the moment. They had a 20% off sale recently on ebay and 2 people I know ordered tablets. Dicksmith took the money and so far has been completely dark. After e-mailing them they keep getting automated messages saying they aren't there. On ebay they promised a delivery before next week and now my friends are completely screwed and need to buy tablets again because they aren't going to get them in time for what they need.

Looking on DSE's facebook there have been a flood of people saying that they took their money and won't contact them or ship their item. So many that instead of dicksmith fixing the issue they've disabled comments on their page. Dodgy as shit!

Jintor

neither

but i've read like the sourcebooks for 2 editions of D&D, like 6 versions of WoD/nWoD, and am probably going to end up reading a bunch of Shadowrun sourcebooks at some point

Inexplicably the fiction writing in WoD sourcebooks is far superior to the actual fiction books they publish

So everyone ordering from dicksmith beware! They're screwing over a lot of people at the moment. They had a 20% off sale recently on ebay and 2 people I know ordered tablets. Dicksmith took the money and so far has been completely dark. After e-mailing them they keep getting automated messages saying they aren't there. On ebay they promised a delivery before next week and now my friends are completely screwed and need to buy tablets again because they aren't going to get them in time for what they need.

Looking on DSE's facebook there have been a flood of people saying that they took their money and won't contact them or ship their item. So many that instead of dicksmith fixing the issue they've disabled comments on their page. Dodgy as shit!

Yeah I had troubles with the tv i bought off their normal website, shocking service. Now I'll only buy off them if something is stupidly cheap and I can pay/pickup instore.

Shaneus

Brisbane. I also have an old racing cockpit in storage I am considering digging out, one of these:

contracted.jpg

If I can be bothered unbolting the wheel from the wheelstand pro.
Almost worth digging out, but as long as you have a comfy seat and the pedals/wheels are the right height... not much point if you have a Rift!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom