• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well ive returned my Wii U for a refund. Not gonna bother getting another one at this stage. Pages back I mentioned issues with it - I finally sent it back to Nintendo Australia via Target where purchased. It was a dead pixel but then found other things wrong.

* 1 Dead Pixel
* Bad Backlight Bleeding on the right hand side
* Intermittent Left Analogue stick issues – Moving right it moves top left
* A button intermittently not responding

After having the controller close to 2 weeks Nintendo Australia advise no faults found and screen is in working condition. They wanted $50 for looking at it.

Thankfully a Rep from the Target Customer Complaints team was assisting me, she was shocked as speaking with the store they witnessed some of the faults I documented and cannot believe Nintendo Australia's response.

In the end they said they would swap it out with another console, today they rang saying they have no stock, gladly refund me the purchase price.

Nintendo Australia are a joke. Rude and have no clue.

I told them the controller had back light bleeding/yellow blotches. The nin aus tech advised its likely from pushing down on the LCD too hard damaging the lighting system. Non Warranty. *sigh*

Stackboy

Fucking gaming forum is getting even more shithouse these days. Ask questions, get accused of attacking Sony. Never mind I have only ever owned 2 non Sony consoles. And one of those is a Sega, the other a N64. But yeah, I'm a fanboy attacking Sony.

Awesome.

Guess that's the last time I post there for a while.

Nah karn, stick around in Ausgaf. We are alright. Sometimes we don't even talk about consoles/games.

LEGO Batman 2 Vita has finally gone 'free' on PS+ now Gaz :(

On Aus PS+? I didn't see it there last night.

In addition to the dunkel, I'd probably have an Erdinger and a Kostritzer from that list. I'm a huuuuge fan of the Weihenstephaner yeast strain, and love the flavours it imparts, but find it's not too noticeable in the kristall.

If you're feeling adventurous, buy one of the bottled eisbocks they have there. The Schneider Weisse barrel aged beers sound awesome too... I'd definitely consider those if they popped up on a drinks list in front of me.

In addition to the dunkel, I'd probably have an Erdinger and a Kostritzer from that list. I'm a huuuuge fan of the Weihenstephaner yeast strain, and love the flavours it imparts, but find it's not too noticeable in the kristall.

If you're feeling adventurous, buy one of the bottled eisbocks they have there. The Schneider Weisse barrel aged beers sound awesome too... I'd definitely consider those if they popped up on a drinks list in front of me.

Thanks for the input. I haven't tried the Kostritzer before, and I'll check out the Schneiders... depending on the price! If they're out of my range I'll go for one of the eisbocks instead.

Shaneus

I appreciate all the booze talk, gents, but I have to be a conscientious objector as the lady friend is doing Dry July. I'm being supportive or some shit. So cut it out, kthxbye

Darren870

I appreciate all the booze talk, gents, but I have to be a conscientious objector as the lady friend is doing Dry July. I'm being supportive or some shit. So cut it out, kthxbye

baseketball.gif

!

She's regretting the poor decisions made, whilst drunk, that lead to hooking up with you, I'm guessing.

Smart woman.

Shaneus

Believe it. We've only being going out a short time, so I'm still in the phase of doing as much noble shit as possible before she sees who I really am. Least I can do is go without booze for a month.

She's regretting the poor decisions made, whilst drunk, that lead to hooking up with you, I'm guessing.

Smart woman.
But still sticking around. She's highly illogical. We're actually going to an all-ages gig this weekend, funnily enough (because of the band, not the lack of booze).

Rizzi

Hah, I just realized why my front panel usb connectors don't work on my new case. I didn't plug them in. (Duh)
My motherboard doesn't support USB 3.0 connections though, so I can't plug them in.
Whoops.

My trick is to leave tinnies in the top of the cistern and pretend to be taking an awfully long poop.

Hmmm that's not a half bad idea :)

But still sticking around. She's highly illogical. We're actually going to an all-ages gig this weekend, funnily enough (because of the band, not the lack of booze).
She's just maximizing her opportunity to find someone else. Plus, you don't quit your job until you've found another position.

senahorse

Believe it. We've only being going out a short time, so I'm still in the phase of doing as much noble shit as possible before she sees who I really am. Least I can do is go without booze for a month.

Church on Sunday?

Cerity

I don't really drink.. Beer tastes icky pants gross and I have no idea how people drink it.

Beer drinking for me just clicked one day. Went out one night, was just craving the crispness of a beer and so I got one. Been drinking with no issues since.

senahorse

Beer drinking for me just clicked one day. Went out one night, was just craving the crispness of a beer and so I got one. Been drinking with no issues since.

Same thing happened to me, went from one day hating it, to the next loving it. Happened around 17/18 I think.

Yay it arrived!

Except the seller did fuck me, because it's a Kinect-less SKU when it was advertised as having a Kinect in addition to featuring a picture of a Kinect in the sale.

Rizzi

Also seems like I was blaming Auspost prematurely this morning. This cunt didn't lodge the package with them until Tuesday this week, while on Ebay he said that he posted it on Thursday last week. I hereby apologize to the postal service.

Time to talk to Ebay I think.

Shaneus

The sexy time must be great to give up booze.
By virtue of the fact that it exists and involves more than one person... yes. But also, yes. And I don't drink that much anyway, so it's really only giving up a beer or two on a Saturday night. And all the fucking booze talk that weasels it's way into this thread.

She's just maximizing her opportunity to find someone else. Plus, you don't quit your job until you've found another position.
Shhhh. Don't ruin it for me. She'll only find someone else when I run out of money. Ahem.

Church on Sunday?
This, actually!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
No wonder why people hate banks.

Is there anyway to have yourself removed from their mailing list or call list, For the random ass products they send out? Sick of saying no to their credit card cover bullshit.

Yay it arrived!

Except the seller did fuck me, because it's a Kinect-less SKU when it was advertised as having a Kinect in addition to featuring a picture of a Kinect in the sale.
He was running around Melbourne trying to find a Kinect to buy probably lol

At least he didn't just stick a 1.0 one in there!

Also that fucking sucks, sorry dude :(

Here it is! All boxed, amazing condition!

20140316_124517.jpg

Whoa, great taste in games Jeff!

^ noice collection

"As the Americans got to know Hawke, and his ambition, they drew up a quick biography for internal use. They noted his love of drinking: 'His record of 12 seconds for downing 2 pints of bitter toppled from Guinness Book of Records only this year [1974]. Hawke in recent years has sacrificed speed for distance in this field.' "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom