• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoss

Just noticed that the Mumble server is coming up for renewal soonish. Still a little while to go, but I thought I'd check in with you all and see if it's still getting some use.

Let me know and the renewal can go right ahead so you can keep shooting the breeze or whatever on there.

Jintor

Ducking google location eats battery like it's going out of style. Accidentally turned it on at some point, was wondering why I lost almost 4% battery in like five minutes

Welp, I'm drunk after many pints. Did you know German engineers can legally drink 2 litres of beer a day on the job? I guess it's time to go home and play some drunken Mario Kart 8. Beer sure does suck!

I don't really drink.. Beer tastes icky pants gross and I have no idea how people drink it.
*Beer defense force*
You probably just haven't tried the right beer yet! Just know that it's not all watery and horribly bitter. Look out for craft beer in your town, try sweet stouts, sours, saisons. Maybe you'll find one you like, maybe you won't. I didn't find a beer I really liked until after I was 30.
*Beer defense force*

"As the Americans got to know Hawke, and his ambition, they drew up a quick biography for internal use. They noted his love of drinking: 'His record of 12 seconds for downing 2 pints of bitter toppled from Guinness Book of Records only this year [1974]. Hawke in recent years has sacrificed speed for distance in this field.' "
Legend.

Welp, I'm drunk after many pints. Did you know German engineers can legally drink 2 litres of beer a day on the job
I did not! But much German beer is weak, so no surprise... What did you end up trying?

Just noticed that the Mumble server is coming up for renewal soonish. Still a little while to go, but I thought I'd check in with you all and see if it's still getting some use.

Let me know and the renewal can go right ahead so you can keep shooting the breeze or whatever on there.
I haven't been on in ages tbh. I really should install Payday 2 at some point >_<

Fucking google location eats battery like it's going out of style. Accidentally turned it on at some point, was wondering why I lost almost 4% battery in like five minutes
Off on a tangent but fucking GOOGLE in general take up the majority of my internal storage capacity on my phone!

Fuckers have like 30 apps that YOU CANT DELETE?!?!

YOU CANT EVEN FUCKING MOVE THEM ON THE SD CARD!!!! OR THE USB STORAGE THINGY!!>!>!>>!!

What the fuck Google. Fuck you.

My top ten biggest apps are all Google related bullshit because at least the other apps can be split with the SD card >_<

Kostritzer, schneider, some kind of special weinstephan using galaxy hops... A couple of cheap specials. There were no prices on the aged cask beers and the bar was too packed to ask... Next time.

Here it is! All boxed, amazing condition!

20140316_124517.jpg

How much are you chasing for the lot?

Seller is offering $100 refund to make up teh difference.

Still irritating as fuck because

1. Standalone kinect doesn't exist yet
2. When it does exist it will cost more than $100 dollars

But I can't be fucked doing anything more with this. Just gonna say go for it.

Dead Man

Seller is offering $100 refund to make up teh difference.

Still irritating as fuck because

1. Standalone kinect doesn't exist yet
2. When it does exist it will cost more than $100 dollars

But I can't be fucked doing anything more with this. Just gonna say go for it.

I would still take it to Ebay/Paypal just so he doesn't get off scott free and run that shit with the next person. But I'm petty like that.

*Beer defense force*
You probably just haven't tried the right beer yet! Just know that it's not all watery and horribly bitter. Look out for craft beer in your town, try sweet stouts, sours, saisons. Maybe you'll find one you like, maybe you won't. I didn't find a beer I really liked until after I was 30.
*Beer defense force*

That is true. I didn't like beer until 2 years ago.

This has been my night.

20140704_220544eojyp.jpg

Along with this exquisite documentary. Really well done, tons of detail that really pushes how easy everything came together only to get struck down by the realities of the almighty dollar :(

He makes a really great point about being 30 years too early, things like The Hobbit trilogy which will end up being 10+ hours easily show a 10 hour epic rendition of Dune could have been fantastic.

Also this
What is your opinion of the documentary Jodorowsky's Dune? What do you like or what would you change about the documentary?

My opinion is that its director, Pavich, is a bright, pure, well-intentioned person. His documentary is the product of a passionate dream. It has nothing to do with the film industry. And because his film is the realization of a dream, it has the perfection of dreams: there is nothing to take out and nothing to add.
is a fantastic thing to say about the young dude who wanted to tell a story.

Jesus what? When the fuck did that happen?

Starcraft 2. Dat fanbase yo.

Dead Man

This has been my night.

20140704_220544eojyp.jpg

Along with this exquisite documentary. Really well done, tons of detail that really pushes how easy everything came together only to get struck down by the realities of the almighty dollar :(

He makes a really great point about being 30 years too early, things like The Hobbit trilogy which will end up being 10+ hours easily show a 10 hour epic rendition of Dune could have been fantastic.

Also this

is a fantastic thing to say about the young dude who wanted to tell a story.

Starcraft 2. Dat fanbase yo.
I approve of all of this post. Haven't seen that documentary yet, but it sounds great.

Goes to show how desperate Nintendo owners are for third-party content.

Oh shit! LOL

Danoss

Caught this video this morning and thought I'd share for the home brewers in the thread. It's probably nothing terribly interesting in itself, but Viv's enthusiasm and passion is certainly infectious.

That's a Rolling Boil

His videos on wargaming terrain and mould making are excellent and very helpful, though I doubt they're of interest to anyone here. It's hard not to love his stereotypical Aussie attitude.

His videos on wargaming terrain and mould making are excellent and very helpful, though I doubt they're of interest to anyone here. It's hard not to love his stereotypical Aussie attitude.

I'll check it out. I already have a pile of unbuilt terrain, wouldn't mind making some future stuff for INFINITY though.

Caught this video this morning and thought I'd share for the home brewers in the thread.
He's certainly very excited! Getting a new piece of kit and having it do what you hoped is always a delight.

I usually bottle into swing tops (Grolsch style bottles) and this week bought a bench capper to bottle into smaller bottles with crown seals for longer term aging (12+ months). I've used bench cappers before, but not for a while now. Was so much fun using it, I think I'll bottle with crown seals more!

Simple things and all that...

Danoss

I'll check it out. I already have a pile of unbuilt terrain, wouldn't mind making some future stuff for INFINITY though.

I've got quite a few bits from Plast Craft Games to assemble and paint, as well as some forests and hills and such I need to make out of foam and MDF. It's quite relaxing and enjoyable, I just haven't done as much as I'd like.

BPLaser in QLD seems to make some nice MDF terrain suitable for Infinity at very reasonable prices, especially compared to the other companies out there. That's if you can't be bothered making any from scratch with foamboard and such.

He's certainly very excited! Getting a new piece of kit and having it do what you hoped is always a delight.

I usually bottle into swing tops (Grolsch style bottles) and this week bought a bench capper to bottle into smaller bottles with crown seals for longer term aging (12+ months). I've used bench cappers before, but not for a while now. Was so much fun using it, I think I'll bottle with crown seals more!

Simple things and all that...

Bench cappers always made me feel like I was going to shatter the bottle. They're rad, but it always takes me a few goes to make that feeling go away each session.

I think I had to bottle roughly 150 bottles once. That was less fun, but small batches are great, I don't know what it is that makes capping bottles so satisfying.

Dead Man

Terrible joke of the day:

10458816_10152556552906411_1305259670721638810_n.jpg

If being petty is expecting consequences for fraudulent behaviour, then sure.

Just call me petty, then :)

Sc64 pal was only released in aus (rumoured only 5k copies) so very limited quantities. Same for snow board kids 2.

Infact going on right now: http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/311001027544?nav=SEARCH

Damn. 200 for Conkers Bad Fur Day unboxed? Jesus. I guess I can forget catching up on those N64 games I missed. Crazy prices.

Wowzers, over 30k people playing Payday 2 right now. Had no idea it was so popular! The ton of DLC makes a lot of sense now.
Luckily I've got all of it aside from the new Bank heist (which looks incredibly complicated) and the shotgun DLC from yesterday.
Let's pick an easy heist first up guys!

Damn. 200 for Conkers Bad Fur Day unboxed? Jesus. I guess I can forget catching up on those N64 games I missed. Crazy prices.

All good, I'm sure Nintendo will have them up on the WiiU Virtual Console by the end of the year

57rzlxv6wkhg.gif

I guess at least someone is profiting off Nintendo games at this point

Dead Man

Wowzers, over 30k people playing Payday 2 right now. Had no idea it was so popular! The ton of DLC makes a lot of sense now.
Luckily I've got all of it aside from the new Bank heist (which looks incredibly complicated) and the shotgun DLC from yesterday.
Let's pick an easy heist first up guys!

All good, I'm sure Nintendo will have them up on the WiiU Virtual Console by the end of the year

57rzlxv6wkhg.gif

I guess at least someone is profiting off Nintendo games at this point

If they had a massive back catalogue of N64 games, I would buy a WiiU in a heartbeat. :(

Rahk

Don't worry about renewing it. No reason for you to be paying for it when you don't use it. Thanks for all the time you've had it up though.

Went to the Finders Keepers craft market this morning. The sheer concentration of hipsters was such that my shirt turned plaid and a scraggly beard spontaneously sprouted on my face.

Dead Man

Considering 90% of the N64 titles people care about were published by Nintendo you'd think it would be slam dunk idea wouldn't it.

No frucking idea what they are doing over there.

Being Nintendo. If they had a clue they wouldn't be where they find themselves. Went from my favourite console to an also ran in 2 generations.

Arksy

I got a Wii U. I got DKC: TF. It's awesome. Highly recommended. Just wish there were more games for me on the machine.

Card Boy

Banned
I went to Oz Comic Con in Melbourne, this was too nerdy even for me and i post on a video game forum! It was my first geek convention and it took me 1 hr to get in, I have being to conventions before but they where Emergency services, technology, and employment related. Lot of hot chicks dressed up as Black Widow. Saw Arthur Darvill from Doctor Who and i felt sorry for him, audience kept asking repetitive Doctor Who questions so i walked out. In retrospect i should of stayed abit longer because Jennifer Morrison was next <3

I went to Oz Comic Con in Melbourne, this was too nerdy even for me and i post on a video game forum! It was my first geek convention and it took me 1 hr to get in, I have being to conventions before but they where Emergency services, technology, and employment related. Lot of hot chicks dressed up as Black Widow. Saw Arthur Darvill from Doctor Who and i felt sorry for him, audience kept asking repetitive Doctor Who questions so i walked out. In retrospect i should of stayed abit longer because Jennifer Morrison was next <3

She's the chick who was on House right? I had no idea House actors went to that kind of thing for signings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom