• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO BrisGaf - where does this storm rate on the Brisbane storm-o-meter?

Not bad, that's two decent storms this week. Summer is the real storm season though with balls hot days. Sometimes they can get pretty savage and do real damage. This one had a decent amount of heavy rain, but can't compete with the top brass.

I give it a 6/10

Not sure why I don't want that LotR game. It looks good and the ideas in it seem really interesting but I can't give a toss about fighting Orcs.

kyser73

Not bad, that's two decent storms this week. Summer is the real storm season though with balls hot days. Sometimes they can get pretty savage and do real damage. This one had a decent amount of heavy rain, but can't compete with the top brass.

I give it a 6/10

Yeah, I had the joy of driving back from Lismore through the Thursday one.

Not sure why I don't want that LotR game. It looks good and the ideas in it seem really interesting but I can't give a toss about fighting Orcs.

The core plot is a more personal one than the LotR stuff so I'm keen to give it a go on that basis. Having the 3 main characters voiced by Troy Baker, Nolan North and Laura Bailey helps!
Expecting a good story since the writer was one of the people behind RDR.

Gameplay is king though, and it seems like they pulled off fun open world combat going by reviews so far.

Dimefan3

Decided to make the switch yesterday from Iphone to Galaxy S5.

It's not bad, a few little things I've found a little clunky, it's gonna be a bit hard to get used to, I guess.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Decided to make the switch yesterday from Iphone to Galaxy S5.

It's not bad, a few little things I've found a little clunky, it's gonna be a bit hard to get used to, I guess.

Just keep reminding yourself, No more iTunes, Freedom, No more iTunes, Freedom and you will be fine.

Android isn't as user friendly as iOS, that's for sure. However it's not that bad compared to it at the end of the day.

I don't know why I wouldn't want it. Even before I had idevices I preferred it.

Can you still only sync your device to one computer/your "home network"?

That was my biggest problem when I had an iPod.

I take my phone round to a friends place, I can plug it in and trade some music. Drag and drop. Very simple. Couple that with iTunes not supporting file formats I use and it's just a pain in the arse!

The core plot is a more personal one than the LotR stuff so I'm keen to give it a go on that basis. Having the 3 main characters voiced by Troy Baker, Nolan North and Laura Bailey helps!
Expecting a good story since the writer was one of the people behind RDR.

Gameplay is king though, and it seems like they pulled off fun open world combat going by reviews so far.

SoM looks amazing. Any good local deals for PS4?

r1chard

I take my phone round to a friends place, I can plug it in and trade some music. Drag and drop. Very simple. Couple that with iTunes not supporting file formats I use and it's just a pain in the arse!
I'm an iTunes user - I haven't found anything remotely as good at organising my music. Haven't run into any sort of access blocking issues. I do have to use a separate program to sync my music to my Android phone though (iSyncr - makes it trivial to do so with lots of control).

I don't tend to trade music like that though, so *shrug*.

Like Richard I still use iTunes even with my nexus 5 lol (via isyncr as well)
I didn't plan to but I've become so used to the playlists I like that system.

You can't sync with more than one no but when I used to have an ipod video I checked a box to chose to manually manage my music which allows you to connect to multiple computers fine and grab the music.

Quasar

Not sure. Its been a very long time since I attached a idevice to anything. I guess so.

Another happy itunes user here. But I'm also a Mac/iOS/Apple TV type.

Just beat the last level of Destiny. I'm done with the game but it was enjoyable despite the grinding elements. Going to play a bit more of watch_dogs before I see whether I want SoM

Damn, bunch of iTunes users in here! Bet you're all rocking bent iPhone 6's or whatever too.

Actually the iPhone 6 feels pretty good in your hand. I was impressed.

WinAmp all the way.

I have like 3TB of music though so I just cycle through drag/drop tastes every now and then. No way I could fit all that on my phone lol

ALSO HEY HAMCHAN

WANNA DO THE DAILY MISSION ON DESTINY?

PSN is being a prick with invites :/

SoM looks amazing. Any good local deals for PS4?

Was $55 posted pre-order from Dick Smith. Wait until the next catalogue comes out tomorrow and I bet there will be a 'preorder for $10 and get $10 off' deal again.

WinPlay3 for life, yo.

winplay3.gif

hamchan

WinAmp all the way.

I have like 3TB of music though so I just cycle through drag/drop tastes every now and then. No way I could fit all that on my phone lol

ALSO HEY HAMCHAN

WANNA DO THE DAILY MISSION ON DESTINY?

PSN is being a prick with invites :/.

Sorry bro, was just beating the raid.

All good, SuperBananaNova and SuttonDagger jumped in and helped out before my internet dropped out :(

>_<

Been a rough weekend for disconnections.

Thanks, it's great that most next gen titles are selling under $60 this year.

Ding ding!

Forza Horizon 2 XB1
Drive Club PS4
Assassin's Creed Unity PS4/XB1
Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare XB1/PS4
The Evil Within PS4/XB1
NBA 2K15 PS4/XB1
Middle Earth: Shadow Of Modor PS4/XB1
Alien Isolation Nostromo Edition XB1/PS4

All $60 at Dick Smith.

hamchan

Ding ding!

Forza Horizon 2 XB1
Drive Club PS4
Assassin's Creed Unity PS4/XB1
Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare XB1/PS4

The Evil Within PS4/XB1
NBA 2K15 PS4/XB1
Middle Earth: Shadow Of Modor PS4/XB1
Alien Isolation Nostromo Edition XB1/PS4

All $60 at Dick Smith.

Bolded are the ones I'm getting this holidays because of Dick Smith prices ><

Jintor

So I've finally got my internet hooked up at home. Next step is to get a monitor or a TV or maybe both. I'm at an inconvenient part of town so people probably not going to come over that much, so thinking of a monitor for the bedroom first instead. Will probably grab off Amazon Japan, perhaps this paycheck, maybe next paycheck.

Anyway, I'm mainly watching stuff on a Nexus tablet right now. I have a laptop as well. What's the best thing that I could do that would just... I don't know, mirror content or toss video to a monitor? I'm not adverse to a bit of cabling if necessary but I kinda want to see if there's something I can do where I can just toss direct feed to the TV via interwebs magic or something.

Arksy

So I've finally got my internet hooked up at home. Next step is to get a monitor or a TV or maybe both. I'm at an inconvenient part of town so people probably not going to come over that much, so thinking of a monitor for the bedroom first instead. Will probably grab off Amazon Japan, perhaps this paycheck, maybe next paycheck.

Anyway, I'm mainly watching stuff on a Nexus tablet right now. I have a laptop as well. What's the best thing that I could do that would just... I don't know, mirror content or toss video to a monitor? I'm not adverse to a bit of cabling if necessary but I kinda want to see if there's something I can do where I can just toss direct feed to the TV via interwebs magic or something.

How's Japan? :D

Deeku

Yeah jint, how is it? Kinda wish you'd post more about how your school is and how the whole JET thing is going and what not:/

Shaneus

WinAmp all the way.
It really kicks the llama's ass.

Those cheap Driveclub deals, they don't include preorder bonuses, do they?

I think I'm just going to get the PS+ upgrade when it comes out. No steelbook clutter (which I'd still secretly love) and no Driveclub sticker/vinyl thingy (which I would also secretly love). Maybe the steelbook will drop in price before it sells out.

PS. What the fuck happened to this thread? I didn't check it since Thursday arvo and there's been less than a page of posts? What the hell?!?

Kritz

Banned
Yo, melb gaf,
Where's somewhere close to a train station that I can use to get to Pax? Going to book a hotel but everywhere physically close is either booked or way too expensive.

I don't mind 30-60 minute train rides.

Shaneus

Holy fucking shit. Footage of the 360 version of Horizon 2. Not like we haven't had ANY FUCKING DETAILS ON IT AT ALL FFS.
Yo, melb gaf,
Where's somewhere close to a train station that I can use to get to Pax? Going to book a hotel but everywhere physically close is either booked or way too expensive.

I don't mind 30-60 minute train rides.
I can't think of anywhere specifically, but PAX is literally 5-10 mins walk from Southern Cross Station, and everything basically stops off there. Either trains or trams, so you could pick pretty much any hotel in the city and not have to travel more than 15ish minutes overall to get there (I'd think).

If I were to preorder those $60 games from Dick Smith: The Techspurts, are they going to take months to turn up?

They post the day before release so you should get it pretty quickly.

If they bother to do that, since Diablo 3 went out 5 days AFTER release >_<

But yeah, I've ordered my games for the rest of the year through them. So cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom