• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there's not a lot of people going to pax this year compared to last year.

I imagine a dinner / lunch could be organised at some stage for the event. I can only guess that the event will have about 5 hours of stuff to see like last year and then 2 days of going .. i've made a huge mistake.

So plenty of time!

We can spend the other 2 days sitting on beanbags playing Wipeout on our Vitas!

Woo!

I wonder how long before the local games market adjusts pricing to reflect the crashing dollar?
History has taught me this: When the dollar rises against the US, it usually takes a few months to adjust because "this is inventory that was bought when the dollar was weaker. It will take a little while until we're using the cheaper stock. Don't worry, we're excited to pass on the savings as soon as we can! We love all of our customers so much!"

When the dollar crashes, this means that it is reflected immediately because... ummm... shut up and fucking pay us more money, is why.

(Also know as the CAPITALISM, HOOOOOOOOOOO! paradigm)

Great. Just great. Now I have to add Shadow of Mordor to my list. God, just when I thought I'd only have 4-5 games, to last me through the rest of the year, now I have to get this.
Thanks Warner Bros. Thros.

Gazunta

When I was in games distribution I found that the biggest impact on game prices was the EURO versus the Aussie dollar, not the US Dollar, since most stock purchasing / publishing deals were done via Europe. So might be worth paying attention to that too?

Great. Just great. Now I have to add Shadow of Mordor to my list. God, just when I thought I'd only have 4-5 games, to last me through the rest of the year, now I have to get this.
Seems Monolith hit it out of the park thankfully!

WB moved the release earlier AND allowed reviews to come out long before release. Always a good sign they are confident in the quality :)

When I was in games distribution I found that the biggest impact on game prices was the EURO versus the Aussie dollar, not the US Dollar, since most stock purchasing / publishing deals were done via Europe. So might be worth paying attention to that too?

Yup, damn supply coming from EU/UK is why we usually get delays so they can shove other languages into our games >_<

Arksy

This has immediate impact since I'm guessing a lot of people are like me and just buy games online from shops that sell in USD.

I'll be drinking with Rezbit Friday and Saturday nights,
if he still loves me.
So I'm up with catch up with everyone somewhere for drinks.

I was always going to get Shadows of Mordor because I'm a Tolkien fanboy. But I wasn't expecting to want the season pass and the deluxe edition that's exclusive to EB because the game is turning out to be just that good.

Fuckcakes.

Arksy

I was always going to get Shadows of Mordor because I'm a Tolkien fanboy. But I wasn't expecting to want the season pass and the deluxe edition that's exclusive to EB because the game is turning out to be just that good.

Fuckcakes.

Wait, what's exclusive to EB? I was just going to get it on Steam...

Forgive me father, for I have sinned and unintentionally promoted EB...

But:

201917_detail_v3.jpg

Just read some of those reviews, sounds awesome, but still not pre ordering it. The cynicism is strong.

I know how you feel. I got burned on Aliens: CM and Watch_Dogs.

I'm allowing myself to love again.

Dead Man

Just looked up the season pass on Steam (weird that it was nowhere on the front store page of the client for me) and saw this:
The Bright Lord Story Mission: Battle against Sauron as Celebrimbor, the great Elven Lord of the Second Age, to unlock powerful runes and the ability to wield the One Ring.

Eh, not sure if want. Kind of ruins the lore.

Yes, I am trying to talk myself out of pre ordering the premium edition

I know how you feel. I got burned on Aliens: CM and Watch_Dogs.

I'm allowing myself to love again.

There is no love, there is only pain and broken promises. :(

So the PC version is out a week before the console version? That's kinda odd.

Digital pc version is out worldwide at the same time, the physical copies on (presumably all platforms) are delayed in Aus and Europe.

Just looked up the season pass on Steam (weird that it was nowhere on the front store page of the client for me) and saw this:

Eh, not sure if want. Kind of ruins the lore.

Yes, I am trying to talk myself out of pre ordering the premium edition

There is no love, there is only pain and broken promises. :(

You can get the season pass on the cheap, look for Russian traders in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread.

Dead Man

You're worried about the dlc ruining the lore but not the super assassin man talking down a couple of thousand of Sauron's forces?

I haven't seen how much impact super assassin man has, my alarm was set off when I read about confrontations with Sauron though. But wielding the One Ring is a while nother level to killing a few thousand orcs.

senahorse

We got our oneplus's yesterday afternoon. Only used the phone for a few hours but already loving it. I thought it was going to be too big but it really isn't.

edit: regarding Shadow of Mordor, screw the lore, it's a video game, have fun :D

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
So I have like three assignments due in the next two weeks, plus two exams in three weeks, three-weeks of work monday-friday starting from october 6th where my performance is being evaluated and then I have two weeks of unpaid work placement after that..

And what happens this morning? My mum literally threatens to kick me out of the house because I don't accept her "personal" experience that the doctors attempted to kill her with drugs due to malpractice, and despite her heavy bleeding after having my baby brother two-months ago and having to go to the hospital because of that, she tells me outright that would've been better off staying home in that condition and just drinking water, oh and the only reason she went to the hospital because she didn't want to deal with her son that believes in those awful things like science and reason and the medical establishment that would have given her shit for making that clearly irresponsible decision, because basically I almost indirectly killed her by indirectly pressuring her to go to the hospital with my mere presence and the fact I can't accept that makes me a selfish terrible abusive son that deserves to be kicked out of the house.

Thankfully I've managed to calm her down so I'm not getting kicked out yet, just went to the library to try and get some uni work done but jesus christ this situation is beyond fucked up, and who knows what's going happen when I get back home.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
That's tough laf :(

Don't forget it's gotta be tough for your parents, everything they believe in being distrusted by their own son. Even if you are correct it's gotta be tough on them mentally, but it seems a bad scenario and I'm sure they don't blame you, just venting.

:( they seem like good peeps when I've met them so hopefully things are alright.

Cruncho has a spare room should you need somewhere to crash.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Oh in terms of last resort stuff, I already know there's some friends who'll definitely help me out who live in geelong and they are older and pretty financially secure (gotta love my political activist connections). But I don't want to burden them too much, still haven't even called my best friend because he just got in a situation where he has to move to a another place in the next 2-months because his landlord cracked down on his hippie commune :p

But yeah I tried so hard to acknowledge their personal experiences but it's really really tough especially since to take a objective stance on it.. their beliefs are absolutely dangerous, worst part is the whole conversation was started by my mum who went on about some anti-vaccination rant which then lead to you know what.

Chin up, Lafiel.

Anyone got a workable address in a sales tax free state in the US? Oregon, Delaware, etc. I want to change my billing address in some of the digital download stores so I don't pay Washington state sales tax any more now that I'm no longer living there.

Also, anyone bought a 50 ish inch TV recently? Any recommendations? There's a Bravia I'm looking at- 800b series -that looks pretty decent.

Quasar

Chin up, Lafiel.

Anyone got a workable address in a sales tax free state in the US? Oregon, Delaware, etc. I want to change my billing address in some of the digital download stores so I don't pay Washington state sales tax any more now that I'm no longer living there.

I use the comGateway remailer service that gets me a Portland address that I use on amazon for (mostly) digital items. Doesn't cost you anything to get an address, just when they remail you stuff.

awesome, thanks, Quasar.

in other news, Playasia sells digital codes for various iTunes stores, XBL, PSN, etc at face value so it might be easier to buy credit on the non-AU stores.

Fans of The Genius will be pleased to know that season 3 is fast approaching (October 1st!). Here's a couple of videos to whet your appetite.

Meet the players. Some of you may see a few familiar faces if you've been watching Crime Scene and/or Abnormal Summit. Hyunmin is certainly looking to Hweejong his way out of the first episode with his condescending statement, but he'll get along with everyone!

Season theme concept teaser. The subtitle to the upcoming season is ‘Black Garnet’. This will surely give you many ideas what this could mean.

yess I've been keeping up with it, looking very forward to it.
I'm interested to see how it will go with 4 people from an open casting call this time!

So thanks to a Philip Adams interview of Rob Sitch I heard about his new comedy show Utopia.

Watched the first episode. Sure it kinds of feels like a 'The Games' and 'Frontline' mashup, but I was pretty damn amused by it all.

So nice seeing Rob back on TV.

Anyone else watched this?

I've watched a few episodes. At first I was like eh but it's grown on me a lot, worth watching for sure.

wtf

Rizzi

Does the PS4 work like the PS3 did for accounts? If I buy something from the US store can I play it logged in to my AU account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom