• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

markot

Banned
When did JB stop doing it again? They always used to have the lowest prices.

I guess now that they ran the competition out of town theyre free to jack the prices back up capitalism ho!

Gf is looking into a computer and I have zero clue. Her budget is around $500, though she doesn't need a graphics card. I'm supplying my old gtx460, which will be enough for her to play sims 3. I'd be building it through centrecom though because fuck building a computer again. Any help would be seriously awes, I have no idea

Jintor

I'm disappointed that the Australian Nintendo Direct wasn't very flavoured Australian. It was exactly like the Japanese or American ones. Japanese buisnessman sits down and tells you what's coming out.

Where's the flair? Where's the fun? At least Sakurai goofs off staring at Bananas and battling with Reggie inside a 3DS.

I'm not expecting this guy:

guy-yug-blomberg-206x300.jpg

But at least someone cool.

pshaw. yug would do it in a heartbeat

Shaneus

So. Semi-regular or inconsistent Driveclubbers. I know Poimandres put his hand up... I guess rep would be up for it as well... anyone else in AusGAF? I wouldn't mind joining one of the clubs in the official club OT, but I honestly can't say how regularly I'll be playing (which seems to be a requirement in that thread).

The Foul

Gf is looking into a computer and I have zero clue. Her budget is around $500, though she doesn't need a graphics card. I'm supplying my old gtx460, which will be enough for her to play sims 3. I'd be building it through centrecom though because fuck building a computer again. Any help would be seriously awes, I have no idea

At that price range I'd say suck it up and save $100 by building yourself. Its easy to do and is more or less like putting together expensive lego (or just lego). Sims 3 will run like shit no matter what even if you SSD the game. Gfx & ram won't save it either, its just runs like a dog on any system so don't be discouraged when that happens.

Stackboy

So. Semi-regular or inconsistent Driveclubbers. I know Poimandres put his hand up... I guess rep would be up for it as well... anyone else in AusGAF? I wouldn't mind joining one of the clubs in the official club OT, but I honestly can't say how regularly I'll be playing (which seems to be a requirement in that thread).

Yeah I'll be up for it on the odd occasion, eventually. Just not at launch.

I just want to be in the cool kids (drive)club

At that price range I'd say suck it up and save $100 by building yourself. Its easy to do and is more or less like putting together expensive lego (or just lego). Sims 3 will run like shit no matter what even if you SSD the game. Gfx & ram won't save it either, its just runs like a dog on any system so don't be discouraged when that happens.

I had a lot of terrible experiences building my own PC so I'm not doing it again. Sims 3 runs great on my PC, also. So yeah

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Whoops missed a few words. Regardless it's pretty obvious they gave up on it but it would've been nice to put a news post or a tweet or something out about it.
Lol don't mind me.

That was yugs response on gaf when my pax ticket got shipped to the wrong address and pax weren't being helpful

Driveclub preorder on PSN is up. Only $57 for PS+ users. Really damn good price, same as in the US.
Tempted to go for the digital copy for easy Remote Play randomly.

The initial impression I got from the ANZ Driveclub was pretty relaxed with not that much interest. Check in on the thread, pretty sure I was in the first group with Stackboy but I think it will be pretty open to change. At the very least get your name in there so people can friend you on PSN who will be playing in the same region!

Driveclub preorder on PSN is up. Only $57 for PS+ users. Really damn good price, same as in the US.
Tempted to go for the digital copy for easy Remote Play randomly.

The initial impression I got from the ANZ Driveclub was pretty relaxed with not that much interest. Check in on the thread, pretty sure I was in the first group with Stackboy but I think it will be pretty open to change. At the very least get your name in there so people can friend you on PSN who will be playing in the same region!

That's a very decent price.

Danoss

Fans of The Genius will be pleased to know that season 3 is fast approaching (October 1st!). Here's a couple of videos to whet your appetite.

Meet the players. Some of you may see a few familiar faces if you've been watching Crime Scene and/or Abnormal Summit. Hyunmin is certainly looking to Hweejong his way out of the first episode with his condescending statement, but he'll get along with everyone!

Season theme concept teaser. The subtitle to the upcoming season is ‘Black Garnet’. This will surely give you many ideas what this could mean.

hamchan

Relaxed?! Vegemite Lightning gonna win every race and defeat all challengers!!!

Quasar

So thanks to a Philip Adams interview of Rob Sitch I heard about his new comedy show Utopia.

Watched the first episode. Sure it kinds of feels like a 'The Games' and 'Frontline' mashup, but I was pretty damn amused by it all.

So nice seeing Rob back on TV.

Anyone else watched this?

Did I put my hand up? Guess I better buy the game then!

Went for the digital version of Driveclub given the discount, which will be my first digital purchase on the PS4.

I really hope it builds a strong community, I really miss playing PGR online :(

Hehe

I also bit on Driveclub. There are enough Ausgaffers that there should be a solid community. Maybe we can even have 2 clubs for some competitive action?
4 teams so far! Jump into the clan thread, I think the 5th team only has 3 people (including le Shaneus) so far. If we could fill it with ANZ players rather than GAF in general that would be nice.

Damn it, add another game to my list, "The Vanishing of Ethan Carter". Looks like the game I wanted Alan Wake to be, no combat :D

Great developers too :)

Looks incredible. Will pickup once I get my 970 next year.

kyser73

So thanks to a Philip Adams interview of Rob Sitch I heard about his new comedy show Utopia.

Watched the first episode. Sure it kinds of feels like a 'The Games' and 'Frontline' mashup, but I was pretty damn amused by it all.

So nice seeing Rob back on TV.

Anyone else watched this?

So not the UK Channel 4 ultra-dark drama Utopia then?

Arksy

Just a heads up to pay attention to the currency when buying shit online, the Aussie Dollar is now 87.7c down from 93c less than a month ago. Looks to keep spiralling out of control as well.

Darren870

Just a heads up to pay attention to the currency when buying shit online, the Aussie Dollar is now 87.7c down from 93c less than a month ago. Looks to keep spiralling out of control as well.

Yayyyy!! Making the missus and I happier everyday!

Just need the housing market to go down an bit now too and we will be set!

Quasar

It is bumming me out given I probably would like to buy a iPad Air 2 when its announced next month. This is going to make it even MORE expensive.

I wonder how long before the local games market adjusts pricing to reflect the crashing dollar?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I know there's not a lot of people going to pax this year compared to last year.

I imagine a dinner / lunch could be organised at some stage for the event. I can only guess that the event will have about 5 hours of stuff to see like last year and then 2 days of going .. i've made a huge mistake.

So plenty of time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom