• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

markot

Banned
How come with Chocolate milk you always get that residue at the bottom and need to shake the shennanigans out of it, but with strawberry milk (Which I detestttttttt) there is no stuff that sticks to the bottom of the bottle??! Turn the bottle upside down, and nothings there! do it with chocolate milk, and theres the chocolate goodness!

Ooof. An ex-friend of mine is actively trying to ruin my life through spreading lies/facebook trolling. This guy is unhinged with no limits and I don't know what to do about it.

21st century problems.

Dead Man

Heya guys and gals.

I drew a comic that was meant to be about Pole Position, but it's really about my father and I trying to connect over video games.

This was a tough one to make. I hope you like it.

That's really fucking good, man. Thanks for sharing it :)

Why is that? (genuinely curious), I used to but after moving to US PSN, I would rather keep everything there. As with mobile phones, I have learnt to just let libraries goes and move when it makes sense.
So you've learned to abandoned libraries but now that you've got a US account you're not because you now want to keep everything there?

FryStare.jpg

Shaneus

Yup. It's my main account, and we get better pick of Playstation Plus games than the Americans.
Same. I don't buy that much on AU PSN so it's rarely about price and more about what I get for free each month. And from what I've seen, most times EU has the edge in that regard.

Should do, report the issue to Facebook directly though. Friend of mine had major issues on Facebook and it moved into an interim restraining order pretty quickly. Not sure if they ended up moving to a proper one or not in the end.

Thanks man, I'll look into this. I don't understand what drives people to be such spiteful arseholes.

Quasar

Why is that? (genuinely curious), I used to but after moving to US PSN, I would rather keep everything there. As with mobile phones, I have learnt to just let libraries goes and move when it makes sense.

If its close enough I'm too lazy to be bothered with the hassle of buying cards on amazon, redeeming codes etc.

Plus I do have a longstanding AU Plus account I keep anyway for the instant library.

MoonGred

Does anyone know if Dick Smith holds back orders? I pre-ordered Forza horizon 2 and the new civ game through them, seeing as FH2 is releasing tomorrow and Civ not until the end of the month, will I have to wait until Civ is released before they ship my order?

Does anyone know if Dick Smith holds back orders? I pre-ordered Forza horizon 2 and the new civ game through them, seeing as FH2 is releasing tomorrow and Civ not until the end of the month, will I have to wait until Civ is released before they ship my order?

this. Or should I just do separate orders?

Fuck it. Ordered.$5 shipping for the whole order of CoD, AC and SoM was worth it. I almost ordered MCC as well, but I'm hoping for a bundle with SO and a console.

Besides, if they fuck it up, we will all bitch and moan about it here.

Quasar

Fair enough, the cards can be a hassle sometimes.

First World Problems I know (and I suppose even if I'm saving just a dollar or two I should be willing to put up with a few more mouse clicks). And I imagine I would be singing a different tune if I had a US credit card I could use.

They ship separately. Should send out day before release (should....).

Totally missed this sale due to parenting >.>

Good though because I probably would have jumped on The Evil Within and AC Unity, I really don't need them though considering I already have Driveclub/GTA5/Mordor ordered lol

MoonGred

Good though because I probably would have jumped on The Evil Within and AC Unity, I really don't need them though considering I already have Driveclub/GTA5/Mordor ordered lol

Did you end up buying Driveclub through the psn store? Is it a limited time only thing, I had a look at the page but it didnt have an expiry date on it.

Shipping separately is good.
If you missed the sale, there's always 20% off their ebay store on the weekend
https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/163655

There's some interesting moves with DS as a company. Woolies sold them off to some cmpany for $20 million, who closed some stores, opened up others, took a company that was turning a small profit (but way less than Woolworths considered acceptable long term) into one that was very profitable and is going to be listed on the ASX. Just reading some of the deals they've been running over the last year, they're really been competing with Big W and JB on games prices.

How sustainable that is, we shall see. If they deliver the three games I bought separately and in a timely fashion, they'll get a lot more of my business. Selling new games for way cheaper than i was paying in the US is a damn good start.

lexi

Banned
So I've played Mordor for about 30 minutes, I'm literally in the area you first spawn when the game begins and I keep getting rekt by a pack of like 30 orcs. Am I doing it wrong?

So I've played Mordor for about 30 minutes, I'm literally in the area you first spawn when the game begins and I keep getting rekt by a pack of like 30 orcs. Am I doing it wrong?

Yes, because it means you aren't a Batman: Arkham fiend, which you should correct.

Everything on their Ebay store, which I'm sure is just a small subset of what they have. Have a look: http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/dicksmithonline/m.html
Excellent, thanks for that.

Also, saw this morning that some think Microsoft skipped Windows 9 because a lot of people were checking for Windows 95/98 by using code that looked for "Windows 9" at the start of the version number. Thereby Windows 9 would be considered the same as Windows 95/98 by a lot of old software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom