• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1chard

I need a new game. Borderlands 2 is done for now. Minecraft has actually been exhausted again for now.

What's the latest hotness in single-player PC RPG/FPS people?

why do i have the urge to by more than 38 games on steam for series that i've never played before....

1- you have a problem
2- you want to support the developer
3- you don't want Gabe to waste into nothing. His dietary requirements increase exponentially with every million dollars.
4- all of the above

Darren870

I am pretty trempted to buy a neo geo to be honest

As a former collector, don't do it. Its not worth the headache, money and time. Specially with the bootleg market very high these days. The cheap games get boring quick and the good games are crazy expensive.

Jintor

As a former collector, don't do it. Its not worth the headache, money and time. Specially with the bootleg market very high these days. The cheap games get boring quick and the good games are crazy expensive.

but den den town is so close!

ah i should probably buy a proper computer anyway.

and a proper tv

Rizzi

I want it, but I just got a vita and I want to wait for the new 3ds before I get another 3ds.
But it looks so cool. So I'm super torn.

Did anyone pre-order Forza Horizon 2 from Dick Smith?

They still haven't sent mine out yet. Pretty bad. I pre-ordered with Shadows of Mordor, but I've been reassured by past buyers that they do indeed ship items separately. At this point, I don't think saving $19 is worth waiting a week+, when my XBO is just a paper weight at the moment.

I'm glad I have them all. It's hard to say - I'm getting much worse value for money than I would out of my gaming hardware as a kid, because I bought the systems early, I buy games for them, and then don't have a lot of time to play them.

3DS is the system I get the least out of, I almost never touch handheld systems despite always getting them, lol. My DS was the same way.

markot

Banned
I'm glad I have them all. It's hard to say - I'm getting much worse value for money than I would out of my gaming hardware as a kid, because I bought the systems early, I buy games for them, and then don't have a lot of time to play them.

3DS is the system I get the least out of, I almost never touch handheld systems despite always getting them, lol. My DS was the same way.

hitlr

hamchan

Are there any (mostly) PC gamers who have gotten a new console and have barely used it?

Got it launch and barely used it until Destiny launched. Now I've played over 80 hours in Destiny and platinumed Infamous Second Son. 2015 looking pretty nuts for the console now, so I think it'll start getting regular use.

Day of downgrades for me.
Boss bought a new radio to replace our shitty office one, even more spotty and unreliable trying to stay tuned to Triple J, stupid arcane technology >_<
Finally swapped my XP office PC for a Win7 one after staring at it with distrust for the last week. Runs slower than the old XP one and the writing is nowhere near as sharp which is giving me a headache >_<

Did anyone pre-order Forza Horizon 2 from Dick Smith?

They still haven't sent mine out yet. Pretty bad. I pre-ordered with Shadows of Mordor, but I've been reassured by past buyers that they do indeed ship items separately. At this point, I don't think saving $19 is worth waiting a week+, when my XBO is just a paper weight at the moment.
Sounds more like they didn't get their shipment of FH2 until late. Same happened with Diablo 3 UE, Should have been posted on the Monday, didn't get sent out until the Friday.

DSE online is a crap shoot. Prefer to order instore for pickup unless it's a game I'm not in a huge rush to play day one.

Got it launch and barely used it until Destiny launched. Now I've played over 80 hours in Destiny and platinumed Infamous Second Son. 2015 looking pretty nuts for the console now, so I think it'll start getting regular use.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Time to hit up a raid tonight/tomorrow/sunday I think. You still in Death Jnr?

I still need to finish my Evil Expert run on Second Son. Damn Destiny taking up all my time :(

Shaneus

Are there any (mostly) PC gamers who have gotten a new console and have barely used it?
Yup. About to change with Driveclub coming out next week, though. I can only anticipate that every spare minute next week will be spent playing it.

Pretty much bought it for that game though, and although I've had fun with other stuff (either freebie PS+ titles or Second Son) Driveclub Machine is it's primary function.

Omikron

Tried out the Rajas of India (CK2 expansion), over lunch. I killed a tiger. I was happy.

Now I need to wait for my karma to be > 200 so I can declare war. Less happy.

Jintor

I feel like I can't really talk since I left my actual PC back home in Sydney.

Vita and 3ds been getting a lotta use though. Especially with Smash about to drop tonight (For AU)

Ding ding ding!

I've had a Wii U for a year and a PS4 for a month. NSMBU was okay but sort of boring, SM3DW was decent but far from Galaxy, MK8 is/was great. Destiny is okay but as a level 13 it's kind of lonely at the moment, and Diablo 3 couch co-op has been stacks of fun.

That's, uh, about it for me at the moment. Wii U is the most different from PC until the big PS4/XB1 exclusives start rolling in, but man it feels ancient.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Time to hit up a raid tonight/tomorrow/sunday I think. You still in Death Jnr?

I still need to finish my Evil Expert run on Second Son. Damn Destiny taking up all my time :(

Yes, tomorrow. Was doing hard raid last night. 6 hours and we only managed 1/3rd of it :/

Playing normal raid after experiencing hard is so funny.

Quasar

I am I guess, but my game playing has fallen off a cliff this year, so even on PC I haven't much (the only PC game I finished this year was the Telltale Fables game). Its picked up lately though...playing a fair bit of Diablo and now Shadow of Mordor on my PS4.

Rizzi

I decided that a 2ds is a good compromise for wanting to play Smash Bros and not wanting to wait until the New 3ds releases.

Darklord

Banned
Think I'm going to pick up an Xbox One for Forza Horizon 2. Didn't JB have a bundle that was like $439 or around that? Am I crazy? Because I noticed the new one with Forza is $549.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
YhRfduK.jpg

I'll never understand why Smash is so popular. Makes me feel really old trying to think about it.

Think I'm going to pick up an Xbox One for Forza Horizon 2. Didn't JB have a bundle that was like $439 or around that? Am I crazy? Because I noticed the new one with Forza is $549.

DSE has a click & collect bundle; Xbox One with Forza 5 and Destiny for $498. Currently a $25 off voucher tonight and if you buy through CashRewards you get another 3.75% back which would make it a grand total of $455 if there is a store near you to do the pickup from.

markot

Banned
Why would you buy a 2ds? It's like buying something not as good as something else you could have bought for a bit more.

Remember seeing a couple of pages ago that there was a Korean BBQ going at the last AusGAF Pax meetup - could anyone flick me the name/address of it please as i am looking for a nice place to take someone while i am at PAX for the weekend (also interested in any possible meetup as well if time permits)

Mistle

Was anybody else at the Smash midnight launch? The hype was crazy, great to see so many people really excited for smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom