• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
AusGAF where/what is the best 3DS XL deal? I literally haven't seen anything for months outside that Zelda bundle and when i went to pre-order it a month ago they where all 'sold out'.

I know Big W has got $20 saving if you spend more than $250, but JB has 3DS XL's for like 238 so its not much of a saving.

hmm I do need one.. but the price difference between the 3ds xl and the 2ds is just too much.. i might just go the red/white 2ds instead :( although limited edition zeldas...

Here you go AusGAF I made some more PRESIDOG.

Now stop pestering me about bloody PRESIDOG.

Now, video games. Where's the cheapest place to buy Zelda? Tempted to just get the digital download but if I can save $20 or whatever that would be nice.
lol'd at the image url of the first comic. good stuff.
MS banning users from swearing on skype.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=722467

Are they listening to every word you speak?
Still no proof as to WHY the user was banned in that thread, other than the guy saying it was because he swore on twitter. I'd take it with a grain of salt...
Now there is a fix for unlocking the console framerate of NFS:Rivals for PC, here is a helpful graph of what kind of GPU you need:

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Simulator-Need_for_Speed_Rivals-test-nfs_1920.jpg

Game is really good, hope more of you pick it up.

yay look at my gtx 550 go!

You can check that? I thought it was all intuition.
I meant his PM's :(

Day 2 of placement is much better. Got to change a bunch of dressings. Alas the wounds weren't as gross as I wanted but it's a start

I'm sure they will find some pus ridden anal fistula for you to clean before too long.

The best kind of fistula. where abouts you at ? RAH?

967497-130119-rev-aunty.jpg

Has anyone else been watching this?
I stumbled across it on iView last night. (I should really pay attention to what's on abc tv)
The Chaser's Craig Reucassel presents a retrospective on the ABC's offensive and infamous TV events. It's a combination of archival footage and interviews with the actors and producers involved.

It's pretty interesting. Features the classics like Aunty Jack and Norman Gunston and newer stuff like the Doug Anthony All Stars (reaffirming my belief that Paul McDermott isn't funny)

My favourite bit shown was the opening scene from Babakiueria, a satire on race relations in Australia.

Makes me a bit proud of the ABC for broadcasting and helping produce boundary pushing comedy again and again.

That was hilarious. He had to say about three or four lines before I could wrap my head around what was happening. Tarantino does what he wants! Even if it makes absolutely no sense and is completely awful. He did make some of the best films I've seen though, so I can forgive him.

It was very surprising, I'll give him that. :p

Now there is a fix for unlocking the console framerate of NFS:Rivals for PC, here is a helpful graph of what kind of GPU you need:

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Simulator-Need_for_Speed_Rivals-test-nfs_1920.jpg

Game is really good, hope more of you pick it up.

Ooh third on the list. I very well may then. (not for 80 bucks though)
Getting Hot Pursuit for 10 bucks more is cool too.

What do the colours on the graph mean?

Day 2 of placement is much better. Got to change a bunch of dressings. Alas the wounds weren't as gross as I wanted but it's a start

Ahaha that blows
If you have to give feedback for your placement you should write that.
I know you've said it already but I'm feeling too lazy to search, what's your placement for? Nursing?

Zelda A Link Between Worlds is only $48 from Big W

Big W is killing it lately. Gonna need to start rewarding them for their good prices instead of price matching elsewhere lol

Also I really kind of want AC4 now

legend166

I like this part

What's annoying about that is that I bet as a company they make quite a bit of money.

And yet it's pretty much "Oh we aren't motivated by money so we're not going to adequately compensate you for what is an incredibly demanding job!"

I like this part
Annual Salary: Negotiable, but you should know up front we’re not a terribly money-motivated group. We’re more likely to spend less money on salary and invest that on making your day-to-day life at work better.
Go fuck yourselves. Your $15 dollar kickstater for microphones speaks differently. Perhaps they meant to say "we're not a terribly money-movitated-when-it-comes-to-other-people group. We do enjoy sitting back and collecting profits at the end of the year, which adds to our lack of money focus. You won't be taking part of that program. We aren't that terribly money motivated."

Disgusting.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Yeah it's for nursing. I'm at one of the northern hospitals. I did get to play with a gooby toe after my last post so I'm happy!

Also got a call about my kitty. She doesn't have leukaemia or aids but her inflammatory system is playing up. No idea what that means. Will have to wait and see what they say

Play Asia weekly deals!

8.png

Beyond 2 Souls on PS3 for $32 posted!

The Last of Us on PS3 for $33 posted! I paid $40 like a fucking sucker from Mighty Ape and have barely touched it >_<

Uncharted 1&2 on PS3 for $32 posted. (I've got local copies I could sell for that if anyone is interested!)

God of War Ascension on PS3 for $31 posted

Has anyone else been watching this?
I stumbled across it on iView last night. (I should really pay attention to what's on abc tv)
The Chaser's Craig Reucassel presents a retrospective on the ABC's offensive and infamous TV events. It's a combination of archival footage and interviews with the actors and producers involved.

It's pretty interesting. Features the classics like Aunty Jack and Norman Gunston and newer stuff like the Doug Anthony All Stars (reaffirming my belief that Paul McDermott isn't funny)

My favourite bit shown was the opening scene from Babakiueria, a satire on race relations in Australia.

Makes me a bit proud of the ABC for broadcasting and helping produce boundary pushing comedy again and again.

I missed a lot of episodes while I was overseas, so I was waiting for the inevitable DVD release to catch up. Glad to hear they brought up Babakiueria. I remember when they showed us that back in the 8th grade, really opened up a lot of young eyes.

HolyCheck

Yeah it's for nursing. I'm at one of the northern hospitals. I did get to play with a gooby toe after my last post so I'm happy!

Also got a call about my kitty. She doesn't have leukaemia or aids but her inflammatory system is playing up. No idea what that means. Will have to wait and see what they say

Good news about the kitty, even if you're still waiting for more info.

Ah ok, I know a few doctors at the rah so was going to put you on a "list" :p but nvm

markot

Banned
How does EA get away with something like BF4 in 2013?!

HOW?!

There seems to be far too little outrage over shipping a ship that sinks ever 2 mintues.

markot

Banned
Microsofts main reason de traiii in entering the console market was to do shit like this, and make more money for publishers, therin making their console the more desireable console for consoling.

Let the facts be faced.

This is the future.

Mobile gaming is a tumour, and its become cancerous.

Not to belittle cancer. But its the same thing.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Good news about the kitty, even if you're still waiting for more info.

Ah ok, I know a few doctors at the rah so was going to put you on a "list" :p but nvm
I just want to know what it is. We should know in the next 24 hours.

This list worried me. I'm not letting y'all know when I'm out working in the industry :p

Well blow me down

9dd04012fb.png

3d92d37a60.png

I missed a lot of episodes while I was overseas, so I was waiting for the inevitable DVD release to catch up. Glad to hear they brought up Babakiueria. I remember when they showed us that back in the 8th grade, really opened up a lot of young eyes.

You saw it in 8th grade? You're old!!! :p
It was written by the creator of Mother & Son incidentally.

Quasar

So after the UK upset about PS4 prices of EA and Ubi games being higher than XBone ones I'm wondering whether the same is true in Australia. Seems like I cant see XBone prices in Australia on the web (I keep getting takedn to the US store) so I'll ask here. Now here are some PS4 PSN prices.

COD: Ghosts - $104.95
FIFA - $104.95
AC4 - $97.95
BF4 - $104.95
NFS - $104.95

So..worse or same as XBL?

In any case bloody insane prices. I chafe at even 90$ for a 60USD game.

HolyCheck

So after the UK upset about PS4 prices of EA and Ubi games being higher than XBone ones I'm wondering whether the same is true in Australia. Seems like I cant see XBone prices in Australia on the web (I keep getting takedn to the US store) so I'll ask here. Now here are some PS4 PSN prices.

FIFA - $104.95
AC4 - $97.95
BF4 - $104.95
NFS - $104.95

Jesus titty fucking christ on a rock.

And people in Ausgaf whinge about nintendo eshop prices

Ingram

Quite drunk and watching Elysium. Every time Sharlto Copley says something my partner and I giggle like little school girls. I love South African accents.

Movie is pretty ehhhhhhhh otherwise.

Danoss

For the last few days I have been surprised by the cleverness, cunning and speed of the ginger cat that can be regularly found on my property. It was the first to visit the cat trap only minutes after setting it up, but it escaped with the food. I thought it was due to mistakes on my part; how wrong I was.

I've been trapping like mad since the rain has ceased &#8211; I couldn't trap in the rain as there is no area on my property that would provide shelter between the time a cat was trapped and when I might discover it. The past few days have certainly been an interesting chain of events. Saturday night I baited the trap as usual and it was gone come morning. Sunday night I increased the sensitivity of the trap and re-baited it with the same result. Monday morning I was up very early and I put more bait in and the sensitivity of the trigger was so high a stiff breeze could set it off, but come a little later in the day the bait was gone and an empty trap remained yet again.

Last night I knew I had to do something extra as this cat was able to dodge the trigger without issue. I tied a bid of string to the part of the trigger mechanism holding the door open and fed it into the cage. The bait was tied to it so it would be up the back top corner and the cat would really have to get in there to reach it and would surely step on the trigger plate, otherwise any attempt to retrieve the bait would set it off. Either way, I thought I was onto a winner.

I had a late night and was just reading a few more pages in bed before switching off the light and nodding off, it was about 2am. I heard the distinct sound of the cat trap door slamming shut and went outside to investigate. The trap was empty. The bait that had dangled from the string sat in the middle of the cage. I understand their reflexes are incredibly quick, but this was just amazing. I knocked the bait out and scattered it in the yard to prevent ants swarming the trap in the morning.

Today I went out to give the trap a bit of a clean and the ginger cat was sitting next to the trap. It increased the challenge I was already feeling, like it was taunting me into re-baiting the trap which had become more like its food dish than anything else. I shooed the little smart-arse away, cleaned up and did a little research before doing some chores and errands. According to the results of my googling ability, this seems to be an uncommon occurrence and either choosing the right bait or getting a cat to even enter the trap appear to be what most people encounter. I did see one suggestion that wouldn't work, but with a little alteration could be the very solution I needed.

Some cats step right over the trigger plate and access the bait with no consequence. Reducing the size of the gap between the trigger plate and the end of the cage where the bait lies should combat this. I chopped up a cardboard box to obtain a sheet that is larger than the trigger plate and taped it to the actual trigger plate. The length was now extended so the gap between the end of the now rather long trigger plate and the bait was very small, I doubt a cat could attempt to access it with mouth or claws and succeed without triggering it. Again I tied some bait to a string attached the same part of the trigger mechanism, as well as putting some in the usual spot in case the cat was wary of the tied bait after its recent narrow escape.

Not too long after setting it this afternoon, I went to inspect the trap and see the ginger cat staring back at me from inside the cage. Goddamn I was pleased. While not entirely appropriate, the saying 'the harder the battle, the sweeter the victory' just about sums it up.

I feel a little guilty as I kinda respect this clever, smart-arse cat. Most times it's just lazing about in the sun at various locations around the house. If that were the extent of it, I wouldn't mind at all, but the frequent fighting is far too disruptive to ignore.

I will share one incident that happened last week with this cat as I thought it was pretty funny. I went outside and stood on the back steps in the sun to have my breakfast, as I often do, and saw this cat lounging on the outdoor setting. It just looked up at me, making no attempt to move. I shooed it away and, as it often does, runs down the backyard and behind our garage, but not all the way &#8211; it hides behind a pot plant thinking I can't see it and waits however long until I'm gone, or it thinks I am, before returning. I shooed it even further, sending it onto the neighbours property.

I continued eating my cereal where I was originally standing and, not soon after, I see it come trotting around the corner of the garage heading towards the outdoor setting. It gets rather close before looking around and stops dead, looking at me. Waiting to see what I do, it just sits down on the spot, still looking at me. I'm just laughing at this point and as I do so, it wanders over near the garage wall, in full sight of me and just lays down there. Being the funniest thing I had seen all week, I just left it alone and went inside.

Anyway, it's in the garage now so it cannot be harassed by any other cats. Hopefully the impound officer arrives tomorrow morning to collect it. This was quite the long and detailed story, but I wanted to share one of the few interesting things going on.

I like this part

About that last Kickstarter...

Rlan

FIFA - $104.95
AC4 - $97.95
BF4 - $104.95
NFS - $104.95

COD: Ghosts
PSN: $104.95
XOS: $100.20

FIFA
XOS: $99.45

AC4
PSN: $97.95

BF4

NFS: RIVALS

Based on https://store.xbox.com/en-AU/

So on average.. $5 cheaper on Xbox One? Except Assassin's Creed IV which is $2 more? It's really all over the place. Who decided COD:Ghosts would be $100.20? And even then it's not worth doing since Big W and JB have them for $69 - $79.

markot

Banned

FIFA

AC4

BF4

So on average.. $5 cheaper on Xbox One? Except Assassin's Creed IV which is $2 more? It's really all over the place. Who decided COD:Ghosts would be $100.20? And even then it's not worth doing since Big W and JB have them for $69 - $79.

>_<_>_<_>_<_>_<_>_<

Quasar

Jesus titty fucking christ on a rock.

And people in Ausgaf whinge about nintendo eshop prices

I know. Whilst I have no idea what they are like...over on Steam I see AC4 for 70 USD and COD: Ghosts for 90USD.

And over on Origin you have AC4 for AUD$70 and BF4 for AUD$80.

Now those origin prices are something close to what I'd pay for 60 USD games.

Omikron

FIFA

AC4

BF4

PSN prices are fine because you can pay a subscription fee to get free games.

Dead Man

FIFA

AC4

BF4

Jesus, they are both out of their fucking minds.

Omikron

Remember, PC initial outlay is more expensive, but wouldn't take long to make that up. Especially at full price. Even 10 games a year, you probably save ~$400 ($60 v $100 price points).

Dead Man

Remember, PC initial outlay is more expensive, but wouldn't take long to make that up. Especially at full price. Even 10 games a year, you probably save ~$400 ($60 v $100 price points).

Hell, the regular retail savings on those games comes to about $25. Buy 20 games over the life of the console, free console.

I continued eating my cereal where I was originally standing and, not soon after, I see it come trotting around the corner of the garage heading towards the outdoor setting. It gets rather close before looking around and stops dead, looking at me. Waiting to see what I do, it just sits down on the spot, still looking at me. I'm just laughing at this point and as I do so, it wanders over near the garage wall, in full sight of me and just lays down there. Being the funniest thing I had seen all week, I just left it alone and went inside.
lol sounds like our cat :)

Got a good guys call today, only thing they can promise is Pokemon Black 2 :(
Yeah had one this morning saying that Killzone 4 & Ridge Racer Vita are being posted out and that Pokemon should be fine.
Missed a late afternoon call from them though and they never called back which is annoying.

Who decided COD:Ghosts would be $100.20?
You know publishers set the price!

Also digital on every console is more expensive than retail. Sticks to RRP. Give it a year and things could very well change...

Quasar

And even then it's not worth doing since Big W and JB have them for $69 - $79.

Yeah. And thats why I cannot justify going digital, more than anything else. Either that or buy digital codes from the Amazon PS4 store and use them with my US PSN account.

Ingram

I ordered 3 games from the good guys and personally I'm hoping they axe them and give me a gift card so I can get a cheaper 3DS XL lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom