• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was not aware this place existed,

G'day lads!

Howdy! Say a while and listen!

ALSO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS RIGHT MEOW

Steam ID?
360 Gamertag?
PS3 thingy?
Twitterer?
How many of your relatives has the Carbon Tax suffocated so far?
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery?
Would you buy a Crackdown 3?
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas?
iOS gamer or Android user?
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM?
Is Women teh weakest sex in gaeming?
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies?
UGG boots. Do you speak it?
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips.
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY?
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan?
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Insert guy/girl of interest (Lily Cerna, Ella Morton, Mel McLaughlin, kPOP) here.
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole?
Jalapeño man?
BACON MAN?
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider?
Vegemite... Mana from heaven or foul toxic sludge?
Do you plays the Halos or Duties or FieldsOfBattlez?
Any glass eyeballs?
Are you the one delaying all the fucking videogames into 2013 killing 3rd party support for the WiiU[/s]?
Are you Mayan or can use Maya?
Curse of Monkey Island is the greatest game of all time

Gazunta

Thanks for reminding me about Speedball 2 FUCK I LOVE SPEEDBALL 2

SO MUCH

Soooo much

I've been playing it every night on the MegaDrive and it's still brilliant.

God they had better not fuck this up

Ingram

Finished Elysium, now we're watching From Up on Poppy Hill.

Did I mention I have a 120 inch projector setup and I'm drunk? Yea!.

fssa34k1k.png

lol

seanoff

967497-130119-rev-aunty.jpg

Has anyone else been watching this?
I stumbled across it on iView last night. (I should really pay attention to what's on abc tv)
The Chaser's Craig Reucassel presents a retrospective on the ABC's offensive and infamous TV events.

Have they shown "Lubricated Goat" yet? Funniest shit i have ever seen. It was on one of dentons early shows and he had a band on at the end of every show. This one is infamous because lubricated goat were stark fucking naked, absolutely starkers. I was literally ROFLMFAO. There were no pixelations either. Blah blah Blah was the show

What a shit storm that was. The abc switch melted down. They showed it on a show called backchat where people wrote in about the abc and had things explained. This led to more complaints and more showings on backchat. 2 years later they were still showing it and getting complaints. Lololololol

I remember PS2 games often being $109 new, even around 2004. 99 (edit: dollars was also common.) Someone a while ago said that this was not correct. Does anybody else remember this?

Playstation app is up on iOS/Android for us!

I remember PS2 games often being $109 new, even around 2004. 99 Someone a while ago said that this was not correct. Does anybody else remember this?

I remember buying Gears of War from JB Hifi for $89 and thinking it was an insanely good deal lol

Ah, those were the days! These days we are stuck with $48 end of gen prices and $59-63 next gen launch games! Sucks so bad!

Mondy

Banned
So after the UK upset about PS4 prices of EA and Ubi games being higher than XBone ones I'm wondering whether the same is true in Australia. Seems like I cant see XBone prices in Australia on the web (I keep getting takedn to the US store) so I'll ask here. Now here are some PS4 PSN prices.

COD: Ghosts - $104.95
FIFA - $104.95
AC4 - $97.95
BF4 - $104.95
NFS - $104.95

So..worse or same as XBL?

In any case bloody insane prices. I chafe at even 90$ for a 60USD game.

Again, I really don't understand the point of this besides ripping off casuals. Simply make a U.S PSN account and save yourself 50 bucks.

Kritz

Banned
Oh, right, I made this insufferably dumb video of the game-thing I've been working on these past few weeks. For those of you who want to see what real bad games look like when they're in very early development.

I never realised how homophobic that song was until now.

Quasar

Again, I really don't understand the point of this besides ripping off casuals. Simply make a U.S PSN account and save yourself 50 bucks.

True. I expect thats what I will do in a lot of cases. Though I wonder if that (mass usage of this loopwhole) will just cause the us psn store to just deny non us credit cards. Ditto amazon and the psn codes.

Quasar

Well. Sony EU announced the PS4 launch apps. As expected its a wasteland for Australia. Admittedly All I want is iView. Given how terrible the abc is at supporting new platforms I wonder how long it will take.

Shaneus

Well. Sony EU announced the PS4 launch apps. As expected its a wasteland for Australia. Admittedly All I want is iView. Given how terrible the abc is at supporting new platforms I wonder how long it will take.
I'll be happy so long as I don't have to look at that fucking Singstar full-screen advert every time I boot up the fucking console. Sony are such a pack of cunts for having that in European regions (not in the US though).

I'll be happy so long as I don't have to look at that fucking Singstar full-screen advert every time I boot up the fucking console. Sony are such a pack of cunts for having that in European regions (not in the US though).
You have an advert that plays during bootup of your PS3? I have never, ever seen that.

Quasar

You have an advert that plays during bootup of your PS3? I have never, ever seen that.

Its more like a icon that offers free singstar as a download. Can't say it bothered me. A better solution would have been to just preinstall it like Playroom.

Which of course has me wondering when PS4 Singstar will be announced, and how screwed will folks be re-DLC.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
who wants to christmas my avatar.. i'm lazy..

one day i'll change my avatar though.. i wonder how much shanshan enjoys looking at her self being held hostage.

Shaneus

PS4 GAMES ARE UP ON AU PSN STORE!

Resogun FREE for PS+ users, Contrast FREE for PS+ users
Can I queue dem up on PS3 or something or are they "permanent" freebies a la LBP?

PS. I still highly, HIGHLY doubt that PS4 will be impossible to buy on Friday. I'd wager that no-one's thought to go to, say, Harvey Norman to get one. Or Good Guys maybe.

Oh shit, I wonder if I can hit up my local 24hr Kmart, get it at midnight?

(this is something I meant to post yesterday, but just noticed I had the tab open with it all typed out just now, lolz)

Pretty much. What's the default menu option that appears when you start up your PS3?

Just purchase them via the links rep supplied, ya big goof.

Pretty much. What's the default menu option that appears when you start up your PS3?
I think it's called the What's New menu. It shows the last couple of games I played plus a couple of small ad images:

Whats-new.png

I paid $149 for mortal kombat 2 on megadrive lol

I was going to say this. Forget PS2 days... this is more like it!

Pretty sure SSF2 on SNES/MD was something obscene like $169 because of the insane 40 meg cartridge. Those were the days.

These days I see a PC game for $15 3 months after release and think "ehhhh it could be cheaper".

Roulette

Have they shown "Lubricated Goat" yet? Funniest shit i have ever seen. It was on one of dentons early shows and he had a band on at the end of every show. This one is infamous because lubricated goat were stark fucking naked, absolutely starkers. I was literally ROFLMFAO. There were no pixelations either. Blah blah Blah was the show

What a shit storm that was. The abc switch melted down. They showed it on a show called backchat where people wrote in about the abc and had things explained. This led to more complaints and more showings on backchat. 2 years later they were still showing it and getting complaints. Lololololol

That clip used to get picked by Rage guest programmers all the time. I remember the song was called "In The Raw", and they used some dodgy green screen tech to overlay the band with a bunch of people's hands (with ABC logos drawn on them) appearing at the bottom of screen, moving all over the place as if to try to cover the various dongs.

Could not believe what I was seeing when that showed up on my tv.

ManeKast

PS. I still highly, HIGHLY doubt that PS4 will be impossible to buy on Friday. I'd wager that no-one's thought to go to, say, Harvey Norman to get one. Or Good Guys maybe.
Harvey Norman have had PS4 pre-orders open on their web store (for in store pickup and delivery) for quite some time, I called mine (a small one) and they said that even though I pre-ordered months ago, I would be 2014. So I wouldn't bank on them, though, wouldn't hurt to check throughout the day cause people can pre-order online for store pickup with no money down. Many may not pick up devices on the day. My local said to check with them on the day in the morning and the late afternoon, if any pre-orders aren't collected (ones that weren't paid for / deposit made already) then I possibly could grab one of those. My local Good Guys said they're getting nothing until 2014.

jambo

You know it's time to upgrade my 5770 is dead last on the list!

Also time to upgrade when your card is over 4 years old...

JB HiFi and EB Games are getting the lions share of the Aussie shipment on launch day so a lot of other retailers won't have stock until 2014. Plus most places that are getting stock this year have been sold out for months now.

A few GameTraders in Adelaide had to cancel pre-orders when they weren't able to secure any first or second shipment stock.

You can try, but don't be surprised if you don't get one and can't for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom