• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stats post time!

AusGAF 5 detailed stats
AusGAF 6 detailed stats
AusGAF 7 detailed stats
AusGAF 8 detailed stats

AusGAF 5
110 days (14th Nov 2011 - 3rd March 2012)
181.42 posts per day
181 unique posters (23 posted 1 time, 20 posted 2 times, 13 posted 3 times, 11 posted 4 times, 7 posted 5 times, 12 posted more than 500 times)

AusGAF 6
120 days (3rd March 2012 - 1st July 2012)
159.89 posts per day
167 unique posters (34 posted 1 time, 15 posted 2 times, 11 posted 3 times, 8 posted 4 times, 5 posted 5 times, 12 posted more than 500 times)

AusGAF 7
152 days (2nd July 2012 - 1st December 2012)
127.99 posts per day
167 unique posters (37 posted 1 time, 15 posted 2 times, 11 posted 3 times, 9 posted 4 times, 6 posted 5 times, 12 posted more than 500 times)

AusGAF 8
160 days (2nd December 2013 - 11th May 2013)
119.34 posts per day
195 unique posters (50 posted 1 time, 20 posted 2 times, 12 posted 3 times, 8 posted 4 times, 3 posted 5 times, 11 posted more than 500 times)

AusGAF 9
196 days (11th May - 23rd November 2013)
78.56 posts per day
226 unique posters (47 posted 1 time, 37 posted 2 times, 22 posted 3 times, 5 posted 4 times, 8 posted 5 times, 9 posted more than 500 times)

Click to embiggen any chart.

Duration, number of posters, unique posters (higher duration means the thread lasted for a higher number of days, AusGAF 1 was unique in that it went to 33,000-odd posts):

Posts by day of the week (based on GMT+10, not normalised for daylight savings):

Posts by hour of the day (based on GMT+10, not normalised for daylight savings):

Word frequency compared to previous thread:
gtTUPnO.png

NEW! Large changes of frequent poster posting frequency compared to previous thread:
uOPSGTq.png

Dead Man

v5AfyA8l.jpg

Good to see everyone posts from work and then has a life on the weekend ;)

Edit: Is it just me or is AusGAF9 not on the graphs?

lexi

Banned
Well prepared, but unfortunately the presentation is not up to contemporary professional standards, the graphs lack the range of tonal data necessary to make it consistently interesting.

8sjfcbD.png

Gazunta

Every new AusGAF thread I make a vow to post more and I end up posting less :/

Traffic was so slow this morning that my 3DS had time to get streetpass hits from the people walking around on the sidewalk.

Still saving up for that damn Surface Pro 2. Very tempted to just buy a 1 from eBay or something for like half the price...must...stay...strong!

Oh. I know what I can ask. On the last day of work this year I'm bringing in a heap of consoles and we're going to play some multiplayer games to kill some time before heading off for lunch. What games should I bring in? Bear in mind that half the staff here haven't touched a game in like 20 years at least.

I'm planning so far to bring in the N64 with Goldeneye, and a Wii with New Super Mario Bros and Mario Kart 7. Four controllers on each machine of course. Anything else for a good casual crowd I should think of?

Traffic was so slow this morning that my 3DS had time to get streetpass hits from the people walking around on the sidewalk.

Still saving up for that damn Surface Pro 2. Very tempted to just buy a 1 from eBay or something for like half the price...must...stay...strong!

Oh. I know what I can ask. On the last day of work this year I'm bringing in a heap of consoles and we're going to play some multiplayer games to kill some time before heading off for lunch. What games should I bring in? Bear in mind that half the staff here haven't touched a game in like 20 years at least.

I'm planning so far to bring in the N64 with Goldeneye, and a Wii with New Super Mario Bros and Mario Kart 7. Four controllers on each machine of course. Anything else for a good casual crowd I should think of?

bring in the party games
like the rockbands or the sing stars

Whoa, X1 Kinect costs $75 to make! Also lol at them paying $10 more than Sony for the APU lolololol

Xbox Live Marketplace sale on Saturday

Onechanbara for $3.99
Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen for $16.98
Xmen Origins Wolverine for $9.88

Xbox Live Marketplace sale on Tuesday

Far Cry Blood Dragon for $3.74
Red Dead Redemption for $12.49
The Witcher 2 for $12.49
Dark Souls for $7.49
BattleBlock Theater for $4.94
Rayman Origins for $14.95
L.A. Noire for $14.95
Fast and Furious: Showdown for $14.95
Men in Black: Alien Crisis for $9.95

On the last day of work this year I'm bringing in a heap of consoles and we're going to play some multiplayer games to kill some time before heading off for lunch. What games should I bring in? Bear in mind that half the staff here haven't touched a game in like 20 years at least.
Johann Sebastian Joust? Super Pole Riders?

If they're out of your reach... Smash TV, Worms, Super Smash Bros Melee, anything Wii Sports could be popular depending on your audience.

And Street Fighter. You gotta show everyone who's really the boss.

Far Cry Blood Dragon for $3.74
Dammit, I want this on PC, but now I don't want to spend more than that. Screw you, Amazon Black Friday sales.

Shaneus

Just purchase them via the links rep supplied, ya big goof.

I think it's called the What's New menu. It shows the last couple of games I played plus a couple of small ad images:

Whats-new.png
You're using a US account or something though, aren't you? I thought all PAL/Australian users were doomed to go straight to the Singstar shitty ad thing. linky

Harvey Norman have had PS4 pre-orders open on their web store (for in store pickup and delivery) for quite some time, I called mine (a small one) and they said that even though I pre-ordered months ago, I would be 2014. So I wouldn't bank on them, though, wouldn't hurt to check throughout the day cause people can pre-order online for store pickup with no money down. Many may not pick up devices on the day. My local said to check with them on the day in the morning and the late afternoon, if any pre-orders aren't collected (ones that weren't paid for / deposit made already) then I possibly could grab one of those. My local Good Guys said they're getting nothing until 2014.
Wow, I'm really surprised with this... I just figured that since a lot of people weren't really mentioning HN, they'd be one of the safe ones. Has stock ever been this low/in demand for a console launch? I honestly can't recall one where it was almost literally impossible to walk-in and buy a console day one (or even day seven).

v5AfyA8l.jpg

Good to see everyone posts from work and then has a life on the weekend ;)

Edit: Is it just me or is AusGAF9 not on the graphs?
AusGAF 9 is DLC.

Bring a Mega Drive, find a copy of Micro Machines Turbo Tournament (or Micro Machines '96) and make full use of the J-Cart with 8-player (two to a controller!) Micro Machines mayhem!

Edit: HOLY FUCKING SHIT, MS LAWYERING UP

Article's back up, but no idea if anything's changed.

Ingram

I'm on 200gb a month with Node and if I spent another $10 bucks I'd be on 400gb. Obviously better value and I'd definitely use it (to my detriment!) But I just can't seem to pull the trigger...

Internet is meant to get cheaper not more expensive!

lexi

Banned
I'm on 200gb a month with Node and if I spent another $10 bucks I'd be on 400gb. Obviously better value and I'd definitely use it (to my detriment!) But I just can't seem to pull the trigger...

Internet is meant to get cheaper not more expensive!

For $20 more a month I can go from 500gb to 1tb. I similarly don't want to pull the trigger.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I enjoy this sudden influx of Xmas avatars.

And I promised myself I'd contribute to the ausgaf threads so here I am. With not much to say but whatevs

Well all this ps4 talk and boredom at work I did the ring round a few stores near work to see if they will have stock on shelves at launch. Nope. It also cemented why I love internet shopping, the amount of time it took to talk to someone was ridiculous.

Did you end up selling your extra ps4 to rep death?

Ingram

For $20 more a month I can go from 500gb to 1tb. I similarly don't want to pull the trigger.

500gb is already shit loads. I can see your hesitation.

With large quota comes the need for hdd space, and I've been dancing that fine line for a looooong time lol.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
i see you're not using your hot new christmas picture.
consider my feelings hurt
also i bet a lot of the 4am posts are me

sorry maaaate. been busy. i appreciate the effort and will weigh up the options made available to me at a future date.

regards,
Nick

goldeneye is tricky to control these days, mario kart 64.

Mommy, why does Santa have a pine dick?

why so he can hang stars and baubles off it of course
you leave adelaides santa alone jersks.
Anyone know why Rocksmith 2014 Steam DLC is so terrible? Don't even have access to Rocksmith 1 DLC. :(

Got to play with tiny kitties today! :3
aww why :O i want to play with tiny kitties
I enjoy this sudden influx of Xmas avatars.

And I promised myself I'd contribute to the ausgaf threads so here I am. With not much to say but whatevs
you're fitting right in.
900 bucks easy.
Easiest 500 bucks I ever made.
:p this is so YOU.
It's days like today that I remember that the air-conditioner at work is woefully underpowered. Hooray for me.
that sucks :( thankfully its quite cool in melb at the moment. its weird but i do miss adelaides hot days. dry, raw. melbourne heat is sticky and moist.

I was selling it to rep but received an email from amazon, they apologised for everything but said they will have to recall the ps4 that was in transit because they could not afford to send it for free.

Rep said he will wait till it gets cheaper/has more games. I asked amazon if they could still send the ps4 and charge my card, they agreed. I put it on ebay out of curiousity, someone bought it for 899 on the same day.
3AQmK.gif

I didn't think it would sell for so much...

Mr. Tone

that sucks :( thankfully its quite cool in melb at the moment. its weird but i do miss adelaides hot days. dry, raw. melbourne heat is sticky and moist.

I do have some affection for the dry heat blast that confronts one on leaving a building. It's like stepping into an oven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom