• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're using a US account or something though, aren't you? I thought all PAL/Australian users were doomed to go straight to the Singstar shitty ad thing.
Nope nope nope. AUS Account. Wow, you're really Shaneusing it up, today.

I'm selling my PS4 to a friend at cost. At the moment I'm hardly playing any games so I can't justify it at all.
I was about to ask you if you'd decided on what you were doing. Gosh, you're a real nice friend, fella!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
It brings back such fond memories *sheds a tear*.

ku-xlarge.jpg

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
It's days like today that I remember that the air-conditioner at work is woefully underpowered. Hooray for me.
I was out with community nurses today. In and out of old peoples homes who don't believe in air con. And a car that didn't give off very good cold air. Fml

Holy shit!

Should have bought 4 of them and lash out on getting both consoles with the profits!

Never had the intention of selling, but now that I look back, I could have easily ordered a couple more from amazon when they had bonus stock on launch day and made good money.

The money I made covered the cost of my own PS4, so that's good enough for me :)

jambo

So does anyone wanna take me up on that GMod USB offer? I just need the installed files so I can replace the broken ones on my PC and get the game working.

Another possibility is uploading the whole folder to Dropbox/Skydrive or something similar.

Deeku

Stats post time!

AusGAF 5 detailed stats
AusGAF 6 detailed stats
AusGAF 7 detailed stats
AusGAF 8 detailed stats

AusGAF 5
110 days (14th Nov 2011 - 3rd March 2012)
181.42 posts per day
181 unique posters (23 posted 1 time, 20 posted 2 times, 13 posted 3 times, 11 posted 4 times, 7 posted 5 times, 12 posted more than 500 times)

AusGAF 6
120 days (3rd March 2012 - 1st July 2012)
159.89 posts per day
167 unique posters (34 posted 1 time, 15 posted 2 times, 11 posted 3 times, 8 posted 4 times, 5 posted 5 times, 12 posted more than 500 times)

AusGAF 7
152 days (2nd July 2012 - 1st December 2012)
127.99 posts per day
167 unique posters (37 posted 1 time, 15 posted 2 times, 11 posted 3 times, 9 posted 4 times, 6 posted 5 times, 12 posted more than 500 times)

AusGAF 8
160 days (2nd December 2013 - 11th May 2013)
119.34 posts per day
195 unique posters (50 posted 1 time, 20 posted 2 times, 12 posted 3 times, 8 posted 4 times, 3 posted 5 times, 11 posted more than 500 times)

AusGAF 9
196 days (11th May - 23rd November 2013)
78.56 posts per day
226 unique posters (47 posted 1 time, 37 posted 2 times, 22 posted 3 times, 5 posted 4 times, 8 posted 5 times, 9 posted more than 500 times)

Click to embiggen any chart.

Duration, number of posters, unique posters (higher duration means the thread lasted for a higher number of days, AusGAF 1 was unique in that it went to 33,000-odd posts):

Posts by day of the week (based on GMT+10, not normalised for daylight savings):

Posts by hour of the day (based on GMT+10, not normalised for daylight savings):

Word frequency compared to previous thread:
gtTUPnO.png

NEW! Large changes of frequent poster posting frequency compared to previous thread:
uOPSGTq.png
awesome stuff cods!!

dat yag post drop lol

you're a game deal martyr is what you are
octopus_sad-720x340.jpg

Is Motocross Madness any good? As in, anything like the original games?
Seems okay. MP is probably the main draw. Price is right!

Can I queue dem up on PS3 or something or are they "permanent" freebies a la LBP?
Just add them to your purchase history through the SEN webpage. You can chuck a bunch of purchases to a shopping cart so you only have to do the process once and it runs great!

Pretty much. What's the default menu option that appears when you start up your PS3?
The disc that I have inserted. Do you even own a PS3? lol

Wish I was able to jump on those insanely cheap Wii U's a while ago. Mario 3D World beckons.
Need more than one game to make it a worthwhile purchase though! ZombiU is just okay.

8d0.gif

Deeku

I really want an Isabelle nedroid

but it'd be like, $40...

Maybe when I get a job, I guess :/
i bought one!

it's in syd though. i wasn't super keen on it at first, but the question mark pose with actual question mark accessory kinda sold me on it

Shaneus

Nope nope nope. AUS Account. Wow, you're really Shaneusing it up, today.
Why you always gotta be so nasty :(

The disc that I have inserted. Do you even own a PS3? lol
You too :( Is it because I bought that wireless headset from the dude here all those years ago before you did? :(

PS. Power of the cloud, as demonstrated by Forza Motorsport 5, only on Xbox One.
Also, the defense of the horrid IAP and microtransactions, only available in Forza Motorsport 5 for Xbox One/

Edit: Oh, and it looks like VIP/LE FM5 owners get double the XP and in-game credit rewards of those who just play the regular version. Holy fucking shit.

With not much to say but whatevs

Just like the rest of us
except me. I am a bastion of quality posting

It brings back such fond memories *sheds a tear*.

Stockholm Syndrome in action ladies and gents

So does anyone wanna take me up on that GMod USB offer? I just need the installed files so I can replace the broken ones on my PC and get the game working.

Another possibility is uploading the whole folder to Dropbox/Skydrive or something similar.

I thought an Adelaidean was gonna bring it to the meetup for ya
For shame adelaidegaf, for shame

Logitech G400 mouse will be $29 at Dick Smith tomorrow (nfi what they did to the decal :/ )

Pikmin 3? I was a big fan of the the old games back in the era of when I was actually a happy Nintendo fan.
Seems like a good sequel, I still have Pikmin 1&2 that work on the Wii/WiiU though :)

You too :( Is it because I bought that wireless headset from the dude here all those years ago before you did? :(
What headset? What are you talking about!

WOW that's amazing! Haven't done case mods in years but that's pretty cool :)

The final Toast of London was fucking fantastic. The dude who plays Ray Purchase deserves a shitton more roles, he has incredibly perfect comedic timing!

Episode 3 of Almost Human was really great. Follows the Crime of the Week archetype but really, really well done with great pacing and chemistry between the two leads. The future tech is grounded enough to keep you in the idea of 'near future' while still being fun and interesting.

Main draw is the buddy cop back and forth between Michael Ealy and Karl Urban. Really enjoyable watch. Ratings are plummeting from the premiere so I hope it can stabilise and get at least 2 or 3 seasons so we can actually get a character arc at some point. Show has an INSANE amount of potential if they can get the chance.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand now I'm off to rewatch Dredd again. Like I do every week I watch this show. :)

Urban and Ealy are so bloody good together. Would love to see them in something else if this fails.

I've loved all 3 episodes so far, with the second ep being the best.

Yu Suzuki to hold Shenmue post-mortem at GDC 2014 in March, Cerny to translate

2374320-6275214182-ioHRq.gif

Suzuki, currently president of his own studio YsNet, will talk for the very first time about the creation of the console classic Shenmue. Beginning with the origin of the title as a Virtua Fighter-based RPG on the Sega Saturn, he will take the audience through the long journey of the game that led to its ultimate release in 1999 on the Sega Dreamcast.

This is an hour-long session - we'll have more scheduling details about the talk as GDC gets closer, but we figure a lot of you would like to get this on your radar! If you can't make it to GDC, be sure to watch the session livestreamed on GameSpot.

Cerny helping make Shenmue 3 on PS4!

Nah joking, they are just good friends

Quasar

The pessimist in me doubts it.

And really if they were dropped to RRP prices that only eb seems to charge I would not be much happier or inclined to buy digitally. Theres a reason why I tend to buy games just at the likes of jb, bigw and kmart.

Well EA games are down to 99.95. Of course all the launch games are 79 or less at jb.

Though I noted that GTA5 is at a brain breaking 109.95 on PS3. Meanwhile jb sell it for a reasonable 79$

Apparently the PS4 1.51 firmware update is up on the Aussie playstation site. Is any tech-savvy AusGAFer able to compare it to the US file (MD5 check, etc) to see if they're identical? One of the EU community managers was saying to use the EU firmware rather than the US one, but I'd be amazed if they weren't identical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom