• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren870

Omlettes are the only thing I can't cook well. I think I just overload them and put way to much into them. Making them taste all dry and nasty. I'll get it someday!!

Anyways, booked a 16 day holiday in Borneo. Can't fucking wait, its been over a year since I've taken a holiday. Though some would say my whole life is a holiday...

Gazunta

Netflix Australia will have LOST and the Super Mario Bros 3 cartoon, that's good enough for me.

My question though. Is there a PS3 Netflix app available for us Australians with an Australian PS3 and an Australian internet. No I'm not going to fuck around with a VPN I just want to press the buttons and make the thing go. Places are being awfully non-specific about local PS3 Netflix availability. It's going to be the only way I can use this damn thing.

Quasar

Hard to see a chromecast though, it being plugged in the back of a TV. Jokes aside you probably right

I see more chromecasts, but I don't really know any apple people. Of course I know more people with neither as only a subset of people I know stream media at all.

Quasar

Netflix Australia will have LOST and the Super Mario Bros 3 cartoon, that's good enough for me.

My question though. Is there a PS3 Netflix app available for us Australians with an Australian PS3 and an Australian internet. No I'm not going to fuck around with a VPN I just want to press the buttons and make the thing go. Places are being awfully non-specific about local PS3 Netflix availability. It's going to be the only way I can use this damn thing.

Yeah. Well as of tomorrow when local signups are there. The app should be available though, as the ps4 version has been for a week or so.

I'm going to try out Netflix as soon as it's available.

I'm a little upset the lounge room TV doesn't have an app yet, tho. It's some 2014 Sony smart tv. I hope the App comes out as soon as netflix does but I'm not holding my breath.

Quasar

I'm a little upset the lounge room TV doesn't have an app yet, tho. It's some 2014 Sony smart tv. I hope the App comes out as soon as netflix does but I'm not holding my breath.

Thats one thing I wonder about. My parents bluray player has access to netflix if I use my dns proxy, so
I am wondering if sony will just enable it locally come tuesday or what.

quabba

My Sony tv shows the netflix app (using an unblock service) so hopefully its added to the Australian apps. In settings theres a resresh internet content setting to reload apps. Id try that.

MoonGred

Do any of you guys use a Korean monitor? I'm probably going to order one tonight but I'd love to hear more feedback about them.

I'm thinking of trying out Netflix. There are a few shows on there I haven't seen, so will be worth the binge watch. Hopefully the catalogue grows though.

Cruncho

Gaaah, all this Bloodborne talk reminds me that I'll probably never play it. Not willing to buy a console just for one game :(

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Yep, been giving it a crack for awhile now and with the exception of the odd cheat day every two to three weeks I'm doing really well. Avoiding sweet and baked goods is the biggest cunt, especially since I love that stuff, but working out how to create super tasty shit that's low in carbs is a fun challenge. Like that meal I posted wouldn't have had much in it, maybe 15g at most (likely less).

Meanwhile tonight I had a breakfast dinner; spicy omelette wrapped around bacon and spinach, dried chilli and parmasen cheese on top.

[i/mg]http://abload.de/img/dinner2sgkd5.jpg[/img]

Again, fuck all carbs and tasted great.

I've been doing low carb as well so far and i'm enjoying it. I haven't gone crazy with the food experiments so far, But slowly working up to it.

I've enjoyed the weight loss so far. Need to keep on going though!

Darren870

I was talking with my friends this weekend and one mentioned squirrels. I then was like wait a minute, Australia doesn't have squirrels?

I got really really confused for a minute and was kinda weirded out that there was no squirrels here. Actually...I am still confused, and its been like that since Saturday.

WTS - I take paypal. Gift or buyer pays fees. I ship US only:

Ultraviolet codes - many say they are expired, but they appear to be redeemable on the site. If you have a good rep here I will send you the code before payment so that we're sure it will work for you.

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 - $3
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 2 - $3
The Dark Knight Rises - $3
The Thing (2011) - $3

Pokemon Gold (battery is dead, local shop will replace at an additional $7) - $10

hamchan

I think I probably will sign up for Australian Netflix and use Getflix to access other regions. Plus I can use Getflix to access Starsports and pay $10 for the whole season of F1 instead of giving money to Foxtel. Win,win,win.

Yeah GetFlix is awesome. Was only $24 for 12 months back on AU day.

WTS - I take paypal. Gift or buyer pays fees. I ship US only:

Ultraviolet codes - many say they are expired, but they appear to be redeemable on the site. If you have a good rep here I will send you the code before payment so that we're sure it will work for you.

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 - $3
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 2 - $3
The Dark Knight Rises - $3
The Thing (2011) - $3

Pokemon Gold (battery is dead, local shop will replace at an additional $7) - $10
Wrong thread dude.

The Giant

Banned

My main sony blu ray got the netflix app last week. But the sony blu ray in my bedroom still hasn;t got it. Hell I turned on my wii u on Saturday and it already downloaded the netflix app.

Quasar

My main sony blu ray got the netflix app last week. But the sony blu ray in my bedroom still hasn;t got it. Hell I turned on my wii u on Saturday and it already downloaded the netflix app.

Guess my parents' Sony BD player wont then. Was over there yesterday to test and it still wasn't there.

Shaneus

https://account.starsports.com/star-package

Need an Indian VPN to use it. 500 rupees which is around $10 for the whole season of qualifying + race. Uses Sky commentary.
Holy shit! Do you need the VPN *and* Getflix? Wouldn't one mean you don't need the other?

Edit: Or do you mean use a VPN to sign up, then just Getflix to access it during the year? Do they do Practice as well?
Any idea on apps to use it via mobile or on consoles?

hamchan

Holy shit! Do you need the VPN *and* Getflix? Wouldn't one mean you don't need the other?

Edit: Or do you mean use a VPN to sign up, then just Getflix to access it during the year? Do they do Practice as well?
Any idea on apps to use it via mobile or on consoles?

Sorry about that, i kinda used VPN and Getflix interchangeably even though Getflix is DNS.

No practice, just qually and race.

I haven't actually tried it yet, will try it later today. The Getflix website says they support starsports through web browser or their iOS app.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Stan has sonic TAS.

It's sonic v Mario all over again.

Also, on the chrome cast / apple TV debate.

You people know people that use these things? How old are they?

Everyone I know just uses an hdmi cable.. simple, effective.

Shaneus

Sorry about that, i kinda used VPN and Getflix interchangeably even though Getflix is DNS.

No practice, just qually and race.

I haven't actually tried it yet, will try it later today. The Getflix website says they support starsports through web browser or their iOS app.
Ah, that's great to hear. Thankfully, I now have a HTPC so browser-based stuff is no longer a hassle.

Do they do a bunch of sports for that price (as in, it's a full-time sports channel) or solely just F1?

Darren870

Stan has sonic TAS.

It's sonic v Mario all over again.

Everyone I know just uses an hdmi cable.. simple, effective.

I use chromecast, I don't have anything with an HDMI output.

My ipad is always around and running plex. Want to listen to music? BAM! Movie? BAM! TV Show...BAM!

Can use my android too...

hamchan

Ah, that's great to hear. Thankfully, I now have a HTPC so browser-based stuff is no longer a hassle.

Do they do a bunch of sports for that price (as in, it's a full-time sports channel) or solely just F1?

Yep, the Cricket World Cup webpass is like $2.50 and the English Premier League + La Liga pass is $10.

Signed up for the Getflix trial and it seems to have worked. Watched a few race replays on Starsports and it loaded up fine, happy enough for me to sign up for the F1 package.

Of course, it still remains to be seen how it handles live race day but $10 is a fair enough price for me to risk it.

EDIT: And I think I will sign up for the last few non-Australian matches in the cricket world cup too.

Quasar

I use them. I'm an adult. But I'm a person who buys everything in the hope of my perfect solution. I think a Appletv with a fullon app store and better codec support would be it.

The other people I know with them are adults, though under 40. The people I know over that typically are physical media or fta only people so they don't use streaming - hell alot still don't even use the internet . Though my parents do use iView.

farmerboy

^ Yeah, I'm nearly 40 and I don't stream. I subscribe to Quickflix and get blu rays mailed to me. I feel Amish.

I was talking with my friends this weekend and one mentioned squirrels. I then was like wait a minute, Australia doesn't have squirrels?

I got really really confused for a minute and was kinda weirded out that there was no squirrels here. Actually...I am still confused, and its been like that since Saturday.

We must have squirrels, otherwise we wouldn't say "squirrel grip". Do you want to live in a world where we don't say squirrel grip?

Actually now the word "squirrel" doesn't sound right.

Already downloaded the app on my PS4.
They have my money, not just cause I want to watch their shows, but to let all the local media know they won't get a cent out of me while they try to charge the arsehole tax*,

*The tax that says Australians should pay monopoly prices because we can't go anywhere else.

Jimrpg

So with the pretty decent Netflix pricing, who's going to be renting movies on Apple TV at $6.99 a movie?

Man I wish I had Netflix when I was a kid... we used to rent new releases for $5-7 a video, imagine all the money I would have saved... its good time to be alive.

Even with Netflix people trying to lower expectations a few months ago about the initial line-up (saying not to judge it by day one because things will be added continuously), it's still disappointing. I'll be subscribing for House of Cards and a handful of other things, and will see how quickly they update it.

So with the pretty decent Netflix pricing, who's going to be renting movies on Apple TV at $6.99 a movie?

Man I wish I had Netflix when I was a kid... we used to rent new releases for $5-7 a video, imagine all the money I would have saved... its good time to be alive.

The main issue is not everything you want to watch is on Netflix. Particularly recent releases. For someone looking for something to watch it's good, for someone with some specific thing in mind it's often lacking.

Quasar

I guess people who want to watch newer movies and are unwilling to wait for Netflix/Stan to get it. And are unwilling to deal with physical rentals. Of course these days there's only kiosks and their variety is a joke at best.

Even without subscription based streaming I never felt the urge to rent movies like that. But then if I have a urgent need to see something new I'll see it at the cinema rather than pay new release rental prices.

Quasar

The main issue is not everything you want to watch is on Netflix. Particularly recent releases. For someone looking for something to watch it's good, for someone with some specific thing in mind it's often lacking.

Makes me wonder about a mythical future where people can pay a premium to stream movies that are at the cinema. Would I be willing to pay say 25$ to stream movies that are on at theatres? Probably not now. If I had a family, certainly.

The Giant

Banned
Oh shit, just spotted The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 cartoon on the tv section of the netflix leak.

Loved that show as a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom