• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broccoli is pretty much the best vegetable. I think there's some love for it left over from my childhood days of pretending I was a giant eating trees.

Who will be the Atari of tomorrow?

Apple?

A man can dream.
Having recently purchased my first Iphone, I can say that while it has many more apps that I like to use, any dealings I've had with apple staff have been pretty bad. Everyone was snooty and no one was helpful, except for one adorable genius girl who looked just like Kaylee from firefly.

Markot is dead, long live Markot.

aww man what! RIP in peace :( I will miss the hitler and simpsons references.

$1 sushi train for days eyyyyyy
;.; aaaah I miss $1 sushi so much. So many raw fish options, so little food poisoning. Have you been to that place where you play a little gatchapon game when you finish your plate? I think it might be sushiro?

Deeku

what

if it's perma, that would really suck! i like markot!

he was kinda the only life left here post choc-era ausgaf

perma dead markot? :T

i liked that argumentative little chevy chase

maybe he'll come back as a hologram.

Having recently purchased my first Iphone, I can say that while it has many more apps that I like to use, any dealings I've had with apple staff have been pretty bad. Everyone was snooty and no one was helpful, except for one adorable genius girl who looked just like Kaylee from firefly.

Carindale Apple store? That the only one I ever had a bad experience in. Also, that probably was Kaylee from Firefly.

MoonGred

Cross post from PCgaf, maybe you guys can help me

I'm in the market for a new monitor, I was doubting whether or not to get a ROG Swift, but in the end the TN panel made me decide not to get one.

Preferably I'd like the following:
-1440p (I'd consider 4k, but only have a 970 and don't know what 1080/1440p looks like on -a 4k monitor)
-IPS
-60hz
-Lowish latency - I'm not to sure what's considered acceptable latency wise, I don't play games competitively apart from the occasional game of CS
-Cheaper than the ROG would be a massive bonus as well

farmerboy

I've got kids to feed man, how am I supposed to do that now?

"Kids, start sifting through the neighbours rubbish tins again, some bloke over here is growing his own food again and put Dad out of a job."

;)

MoonGred

If you like dark souls you'll probably enjoy this. If you hated the previous you probably shouldn't bother.

Personally I found the first 3 to get a bit repetitive after a few hours, but there's something to be said about playing a souls game for the first time.

Forget bloodborne, pillars of eternity is out this week.
Fk I completely forgot about this, even backed it as well. There haven't been any surveys asking about how you want your digital download right?

Deeku

yeap bloodborne hyyyyype!

i'm gona try and play through this blind for a change. previous souls games have been play a couple hours, get sidetracked by other stuff, then come back like a year later and wiki the shit out of it.

I'm beyond hyped for Bloodborne. Too bad it's Brewsvegas in Brisbane so I'll be out drinking beers instead of playing/first world problems.

Target too? Where else is it $69?
Was $70 preorder at Dick Smith. Target is cheaper though!

I'm waiting for the PC port

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Damn it Mutes that's not fair >_<

It's the new Dark Souls. GAF loves these games for some reason. IMO they should get gud at proper games like EU/CK/HoI.

Main draw of Bloodborne is it's basically a proper reset of that game in a new style to be played in a different way by the original creator of the Souls series. I'll give it a miss at the moment but it's very intriguing how they haven't played it safe, they went out of their way to reinvent what they established originally.

Netflix AU pricing and content has been leaked.

http://ausdroid.net/2015/03/22/netflix-library-and-pricing-leaked-ahead-of-tuesday-launch/

SD plan for $8.99/month,
Two-stream HD plan for $11.99/month,
Four-stream 4K UHD &#8216;Family&#8217; plan for $14.99/month.

As previously announced, there will be three tiers of pricing, a single stream SD plan for $8.99/month, a two-stream HD plan for $11.99/month and a four-stream 4K UHD &#8216;Family&#8217; plan for $14.99/month. The plan page has a rider at the bottom which reads:

All plans offer unlimited TV shows and movies, on as many devices as you want High Definition (HD) and Ultra High Definition (UHD) availability subject to your internet service and device capabilities. Not all content available in HD or UltraHD.

HD quality streams are offered in 1920×1080 resolution while Ultra HD or 4K content will be offered in 3840×2160. Netflix original series such as Orange is the New Black are all filmed in UHD to flesh out the companies 4K offerings.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
EatChildren, Are you doing low carb?

Yep, been giving it a crack for awhile now and with the exception of the odd cheat day every two to three weeks I'm doing really well. Avoiding sweet and baked goods is the biggest cunt, especially since I love that stuff, but working out how to create super tasty shit that's low in carbs is a fun challenge. Like that meal I posted wouldn't have had much in it, maybe 15g at most (likely less).

Meanwhile tonight I had a breakfast dinner; spicy omelette wrapped around bacon and spinach, dried chilli and parmasen cheese on top.

dinner2sgkd5.jpg

Again, fuck all carbs and tasted great.

Card Boy

Banned
Netflix AU pricing and content has been leaked.

http://ausdroid.net/2015/03/22/netflix-library-and-pricing-leaked-ahead-of-tuesday-launch/

SD plan for $8.99/month,
Two-stream HD plan for $11.99/month,
Four-stream 4K UHD &#8216;Family&#8217; plan for $14.99/month.

The pricing seems fair but the TV shows are lacking. Movies seem on par with Stan though.

I see House of Cards, Arrow, Doctor Who and afew other shows Stan doesn't have. No Community, Star Trek and Underbelly is disappointing.

Unfortunately i won't go back to Stan as it simply doesn't work alot of the time and isn't available on any TV boxes or consoles. I refuse to sit at my computer and watch shows and movies.

Yep, been giving it a crack for awhile now and with the exception of the odd cheat day every two to three weeks I'm doing really well. Avoiding sweet and baked goods is the biggest cunt, especially since I love that stuff, but working out how to create super tasty shit that's low in carbs is a fun challenge. Like that meal I posted wouldn't have had much in it, maybe 15g at most (likely less).

Meanwhile tonight I had a breakfast dinner; spicy omelette wrapped around bacon and spinach, dried chilli and parmasen cheese on top.

dinner2sgkd5.jpg

its weird not seeing your name in red

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
The pricing seems fair but the TV shows are lacking. Movies seem on par with Stan though.

I see House of Cards, Arrow, Doctor Who and afew other shows Stan doesn't have. No Community, Star Trek and Underbelly is disappointing.

Unfortunately i won't go back to Stan as it simply doesn't work alot of the time and isn't available on any TV boxes or consoles. I refuse to sit at my computer and watch shows and movies.

Stan has new who, and a house of cards (the original)

Best of all world's tbh. And as you said, star trek!

Fredescu

Cheapest Mario Party 10 with doll? EzyDVD have it for $60.88 and Blockbuster for $60.06. Thinking of splurging and paying the extra 72c for EzyDVD because BB have a shitty rep and CD Wow have never* let me down.

Quasar

I wonder what local penetration of Chromecast and AppleTV is. I know they are easiest and cheapest to get running. Thats where the local Anime service Animelab has started too.I guess those two tv devics along with phones and tablets makes up enough.

MoonGred

If ozbargain is anything to go buy I'd say that chromecast would have a fairly good markets are,the price is pretty appealing especially when it's on sale.
As for Apple TV I'm not too sure, but doesn't everything with an apple logo sell gangbusters?

Shaneus

dinner2sgkd5.jpg

I've been getting into omelettes massively recently. So goddamned easy to make and super delicious. Never thought of using one as the basis for a wrap though! Could use that for a delicious chicken, bacon and mayo wrap. Hell, even make one cold and bring it to work, it'd be amazing.

Make sure to get in quick on Bloodborne then lol.

I'm hyped as fuck for it after checking out a few streams and the spoiler thread. Sounds fucking amazing. Shame I don't have time/money for it :(

Cheapest Mario Party 10 with doll? EzyDVD have it for $60.88 and Blockbuster for $60.06. Thinking of splurging and paying the extra 72c for EzyDVD because BB have a shitty rep and CD Wow have never* let me down.

$69 at Big W & Target pretty sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom