• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernbaum

I'm usually pretty harsh on clunky, but I thought they totally nailed this. It's EXACTLY like a theme park like this would turn out to be- Disneyland rather than the low rent safari park ride of the first film.
The kids having matches and able to fix a car was kind of silly, but the kids stopped serving any story point for the second half so we could concentrate on Chris Pratt, having turned into Ben Grimm and Bryce Dallas Howard who becomes totally
HNNNGG
worthy by the end.

Despite the danger, I'd totally go to Jurassic World for a holiday.
Despite only having two characters worth liking and a moustache-twirling villain, the film is fantastically well-paced and there are some beautiful shots. Some decent long-cuts, not quite Spielbergian but a lot better than I expected from a director that has only made one quirky indie film.

It's nostalgic fan-service but doesn't kid itself by trying to be anything more than that.

MoonGred

Would you recommend the new JP to a person who actually loves the original but has a dislike for any of Chris Pratts recent movies. My fear is that the movie has a ton of comic relief.

I'll either watch JP or the new Mad Max.

It's the first time I'm going to the movies since Gravity

Would you recommend the new JP to a person who actually loves the original but has a dislike for any of Chris Pratts recent movies. My fear is that the movie has a ton of comic relief.

It's not a particularly jokey film. There are gags here and there but its not a joke-joke-joke marvel film
laugh, you miserable git :)

Bernbaum

Jurassic World won't change your opinion on Chris Pratt.

Both films would be best enjoyed at the cinema, but I would be really bummed if I didn't get to see Mad Max on the big screen.

MoonGred

I don't dislike him, I actually loved him in parks and rec, I just like my movies a bit darker and he tends to bring comic relief.

Kritz

Banned
S4IFHVo.gif

Basically everyone I know can swim. Parents, relatives, friends etc. There might be a few coworkers who can't because that stuff doesn't usually come up in conversations. But I doubt it's more than one or two.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Leading question I see!

Getflix has seperate DNS and VPN services for the one price which is handy. Really happy with them so far.
more an excluding question.\

i was curious who couldnt, and wanted to rule out those not born here, as i can understand why they might not know how to

r1chard

So this netflix thing has been pretty good so far. I've been away a bit, so I've only watched all of Daredevil, some films and about 8 episodes of sense8. Really liking that they produce their own content. Ended up watching some in a hotel, but ran through the 1GB data limit of the wifi plan in 1 1/2 episodes of sense8 - had no idea it used so much (unmetered on my Internode plan).

Haven't even thought about torrenting a show since it launched. Hmm...

swimmings hard! i can do one full lap and that's about it:/
I started swimming frequently a few years back. Took me about 6 months to get up from barely doing a single length (50m pool) to doing 10 laps. That was going 2-3 times a week in the morning, swimming for about 30 minutes (might've been 45, it was a while back). I reckon if I can do it, with these weedy arms of mine, anyone can :)

MoonGred

So I presume swimming isn't thought in primary school here? In Belgium you start swimming practise (in school) from year 2 (I think) until year 6. My memory is a bit hazy but I seem to recall it being every two weeks.

r1chard

So I presume swimming isn't thought in primary school here? In Belgium you start swimming practise (in school) from year 2 (I think) until year 6. My memory is a bit hazy but I seem to recall it being every two weeks.
It's in every primary school I know of around here (Melbourne). It was mandatory when *I* was in primary school, in the late 70s...

Tamanator

There's swimming in primary schools in Australia. I attended a junior school in country Victoria and there was swimming lessons every week or two. I'm pretty sure it's a compulsory part of the government curriculum. I could be wrong though.

It's in every primary school I know of around here (Melbourne). It was mandatory when *I* was in primary school, in the late 70s...

At my school it wasn't mandatory the year I was supposed to do it AND we had to pay for it if we attended. When i was in the grade 3, the grade 4s did it, when i was grade 4, they didnt. grade 5? the grade 4s did it. idiotic.

Cerity

I had swimming lessons two to three times a week for a few weeks from grades 3-7.

I don't know if it qualifies as swimming but I can float and slowly move in a direction.

I used to absolutely love swimming but now I'm just way too sensitive to the cold to want to go swimming if it's not above 30.

Can confirm that this trend continued at least into the late 90's. No idea what the case is now.

I don't see a PS4 price cut while Sony's parent company is in the shitter. Look how long it took for Sony and MS to get 360 and PS3 to below US$200 (a 12GB PS3 is still $180 in the US).

So buy with impunity. X1, eh, It will probably stick at the current price, but with nice bundles.

yeah, i do think you'll get bigger HDD's for the same price.

This has me thinking about Ausgaf's E3 predictions. Post yours.

E3? NFI. Which is what I like.

MS will have a ton of announcements or a ton of Hololense stuff since they pushed their big games out of e3. Expect old IP to be farmed out. Is that shitty looking Fable game out yet?

Sony will have a ton of announcements or a ton of Morpheus stuff since they showed a bunch of their big stuff already. Expect old IP to be farmed out. Will SSM have anything but remasters and collaboration

The Last Guardian & Horizon

Yeah retail is still like $549 isn't it? So even an official price cut might not go below $399 anyway...hmmmmm.
Any price cut here would only be to $499 I expect until Morpheus comes around.

Expect a price drop early next year for that though. They need to reduce that entry price to get a VR install base going.

Jintor

hmmm... i think pool safety/swimming was mandatory in my primary school at a fairly young age, but I can't truley recall because I went to private swim lessons as well until about high school.

i nearly said junior high, i've been in japan too long

Deeku

that's a lot of nintendo streams:eek:

i'll probably just watch sony live, seems to always be the only one that's on at an appropriate time for me.

So where can I watch? Don't suppose they make it easy and just give me a E3 youtube channel?
Basically everywhere and on anything. OT for each conference will have tons of links aside from the device in question.

Giant Bomb should have direct stream under commentary stream again I expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom