• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently it's not that difficult (or expensive) to get regular remotes (like Harmony) working on PS4 or XBO. Or anything, really.
linky

cool.

i did get my PS4 working with my Bravia remote and already have the X1 remote but it's cool that there are options, since Sony can't do something simple and patch in support for PS3 BD remotes

cool.

i did get my PS4 working with my Bravia remote and already have the X1 remote but it's cool that there are options, since Sony can't do something simple and patch in support for PS3 BD remotes

I expect they will have a PS4 remote to purchase soony. Why let you reuse your old remote!

Although I think the issue with the PS3 remote was licencing, similar to the bullshit with steering wheels where Sony/Logitech don't want to pay a buttload of money to change the licence to include PS4 since they won't make any money on it.

Bishop89

new sale on ps4. Not fully live though, but snapped this and checked one of the advertised games and had a sale price.
eg: wolfenstein new order is now $30
5jdYgdH.jpg

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Hype for Jurassic World is starting to build!

Seeing it at the imax on the weekend.

I should brush up on my dinosaurs before the movie so I can point out the issues!

Fallout peeps, I want to give Fallout 3 or NV a go after writing it off years ago because my PC sucked. Should I play Fallout 3 or jump straight into NV? I heard NV is better by leaps and bounds

MoonGred

Fallout peeps, I want to give Fallout 3 or NV a go after writing it off years ago because my PC sucked. Should I play Fallout 3 or jump straight into NV? I heard NV is better by leaps and bounds

Go for NV, both are amazing but certain parts of NV are so much better, I also find the beginning better, but that's just a personal taste

HolyCheck

I've only played 5 hours of NV, and about 30 oor 40 of F3, but i felt the opening to F3 did a lot more to explain.. the world.. took you from small scale, and ramps it up.. NV just feels like here's a world now fuck off and play in it!

MoonGred

I think a lot of it stems from me playing the beginning of f3 a million times, it gets to be a chore real quik. I've got the same issue with skyrim, but thank god there are no intro mods.

All this talk about all of you playing fallout has left me wanting to play NV again, which I can't do because I've only played 16h of the witcher 3.

Omikron

My issue with new Vegas is I had bugs that caused my game to be fairly broken. From them on I didn't like it and felt like a chore.

Reinstalled F3 on the weekend and I hate how Bethesda implement ui. The mouse cursor sensitivity always feels way off on PC. Pretty sure it's a problem that stems for designing for consoles first.

MoonGred

My issue with new Vegas is I had bugs that caused my game to be fairly broken. From them on I didn't like it and felt like a chore.

Reinstalled F3 on the weekend and I hate how Bethesda implement ui. The mouse cursor sensitivity always feels way off on PC. Pretty sure it's a problem that stems for designing for consoles first.

Fair enough, it's a typical Bethesda thing as well.
I remember having to restart my 120h oblivion save on xbox 360 because I somehow got bitten by a vampire, looked online for a cure and the quest I needed was bugged. Being a vampire fucking sucks in that game.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Gold Mario is coming on the 25th of June to Target only. I need him to finish my special Mario set :p Got some friends commandeered to help me get one when the time comes.

HolyCheck

Gold Mario is coming on the 25th of June to Target only. I need him to finish my special Mario set :p Got some friends commandeered to help me get one when the time comes.

I'm steering clear of doubles of any kind (specials, different marios etc)
unless they're plush yoshis..
golds and silvers are a slippery slope.

Fredescu

There's an ini fix for that, but it never seems to fix it completely, just makes it a bit more bearable.

Lets play a game. Can you guess if the following is from real life or The Witcher 3?
I've edited some things so it could be either until you check my spoiler!

ifkGJ7t.jpg

link is here -> https://twitter.com/susanamet/statu... to suffer through both games inferior ports*

Kritz

Banned
with 90% of the population regularly drinking freeze dried coffee crystals by the packet, no part of me genuinely believes australians give the slightest shit about the quality of the coffee they purchase

with 90% of the population regularly drinking freeze dried coffee crystals by the packet, no part of me genuinely believes australians give the slightest shit about the quality of the coffee they purchase

It's generally high end or low end, no middle ground. That's why pods became mildly popular for a while. Low end lazy with a hint of high end snobbery.

Hmm, Fallout New Vegas is certainly a better game than Fallout 3.

That doesn't mean Fallout 3 is a terrible game, it just means NV the better of the two.
It's like F3 is an 8.8 and NV is a 9.3. That's an enjoyable and playable (assuming you can actually play it) experience either way.

*back to the fucking
DLC space ship
and they're both buggy as fuck, worse on PS3, PC versions are still buggy, F3 is a pain in the ass to get working properly, etc.

And they're both great.

My office has a $2k espresso machine installed earlier this year, with the right touch pulls shots better than a lot I've had from decent cafes.

Do you think 90% of the office 1) wants to make the effort to understand how to use it, or 2) has stopped drinking Nescafe?

No, the answer is no. And the bloody thing is filthy, and all the settings people use are just... ugh, so wrong. Makes me cringe every time.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Hey don't feel bad for ps3 owners of fallout 3, we got that sweet collector's edition, lunch box with bobble head.

I got that one, played it for around 130 hours, got the Platinum trophy, and then sold it to get money so I could go to Korea.

I encountered some freezing, but nothing that provided a constant annoyance. I also played Oblivion GOTY on the PS3 for 60 hours with no major issues.

Bernbaum

Well, for two very different reasons, I think tomorrow will be one of the most important days of my adult life. One reason has to do with a goofy film, the other reason is a bit bigger than that.

I won't sleep well, but wish me luck.

Cerity

I think it's one of those things where people are too lazy to learn how to pull a decent shot themselves and would rather keep a young lad around to do it for them. But given that's probably not legal they settle for instant coffe.

my office has a nespresso machine, if I had paid for that machine myself I would be disappointed with my purchase. I find that I have to use two pods to make a coffee of decent strength.

Well, for two very different reasons, I think tomorrow will be one of the most important days of my adult life. One reason has to do with a goofy film, the other reason is a bit bigger than that.

You're going to see Aloha with an asian girl that looks like Emma Stone? I dig.

Shaneus

You know, it doesn't help if you actually set a date to beat all my scores on Pinball FX2. You just need to man up and do it!

Good luck with whatever it is!

Stackboy

Good luck with your things!

Seeing Jurassic World tomorrow night. Friend went to a midnight screening last night and said it was fantastic.

We got the rental we applied for too. Really happy, less rent than we are paying now and a nicer pad.

Now to organize removalists and internet.

You guys were talking coffee? I'm sitting here drinking a cup made from beans from Mt fucking Everest! How's that for opulent!

I was thinking about getting on the darkweb and ordering a Civet so I can feed it coffee to make me some truly outrageous beans.

Seriously though, I like trying different beans but my coffee machine at home is trash. Still, even with a crappy $100 machine I've found myself unimpressed by coffee served at a lot of cafes. I'm not a snob at all, but quality/freshness of the beans > expensive equipment any day of the week.

new sale on ps4. Not fully live though, but snapped this and checked one of the advertised games and had a sale price.
eg: wolfenstein new order is now $30
Tomb Raider for 16 bucks is a steal, looking forward to getting into that, almost tempted at Infamous as well at the asking price as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom