• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
congrats bern, congrats stackboy, congrats moongred
you fuckers

My office has a $2k espresso machine installed earlier this year, with the right touch pulls shots better than a lot I've had from decent cafes.

Do you think 90% of the office 1) wants to make the effort to understand how to use it, or 2) has stopped drinking Nescafe?

No, the answer is no. And the bloody thing is filthy, and all the settings people use are just... ugh, so wrong. Makes me cringe every time.

This just seems like such a waste of money catering to a normal kind of office
Who made that decision

You guys were talking coffee? I'm sitting here drinking a cup made from beans from Mt fucking Everest! How's that for opulent!

I was thinking about getting on the darkweb and ordering a Civet so I can feed it coffee to make me some truly outrageous beans.

Seriously though, I like trying different beans but my coffee machine at home is trash. Still, even with a crappy $100 machine I've found myself unimpressed by coffee served at a lot of cafes. I'm not a snob at all, but quality/freshness of the beans > expensive equipment any day of the week.

oh damn you you already mentioned the poo beans

You guys were talking coffee? I'm sitting here drinking a cup made from beans from Mt fucking Everest! How's that for opulent!

I was thinking about getting on the darkweb and ordering a Civet so I can feed it coffee to make me some truly outrageous beans.

Seriously though, I like trying different beans but my coffee machine at home is trash. Still, even with a crappy $100 machine I've found myself unimpressed by coffee served at a lot of cafes. I'm not a snob at all, but quality/freshness of the beans > expensive equipment any day of the week.

i recall a place I worked at got a second-hand commercial cappuccino machine. People used to take 10 minutes each to make a coffee and stand around yacking for about 40 minutes while they waited for their turn to use the machine, no one never cleaned it, etc. When it broke, it mysteriously disappeared and was replaced with a zip tap thing- those boiling water tap things. People went back to drinking whatever instant they brought with them or the office supplied and it only took 30-60 seconds to make their drink but still they'd stand around yacking for about 40 minutes while they waited for their turn to use the tap.

senahorse

The best thing about winter:

cAHC4e3mge8YZKCXWfjiTbE924Jd2X8Pn68ELDC37n4=w1274-h956-no

Home cooked Ramen :D

Stackboy

Scope out gumtree for expensive coffee machines purchased by people who have no desire to learn how to use them. We bought a 3 month old $1200 coffee machine for $300. The guy said he just couldn't be bothered to make proper coffee in the morning.

The best part was he was this tiny dude. I'm 6"2. You know those action movies where the hero is about to fight and this giant walks into the battle, the hero looks them up and down. He actually did that! Told us to wait outside while he grabbed the machine for us to look at. Made my day! I have a decent beard and I kind of look scary, but I am harmless. Me and my wife laughed the whole way home, he was so scared of me!

Shaneus

Fuck. After putting off seeing Mad Max at the swish Titan XC Reading theatre in Geelong, I find today that it's only showing in regular theatres from now on.

I shouldn't be bummed with my girlfriend for putting it off the last few weekends, but... argh :/

This just seems like such a waste of money catering to a normal kind of office
Who made that decision
Not quite sure how it happened. We had a Rancilio Silvia at once stage, which people paid $1 a coffee to pay it off. Then they bought a fully automated one, which made terrible coffee, then our other office got one of these expensive ones so we treated the other machine like shit until they bought the nicer one. Which was a waste of money.

Higher education!

The best thing about winter:
Home cooked Ramen :D
Oh yeah, I looove making ramen. Never been brave enough to make my own tonkotsu, but I do make the miso soup.

To the surprise of no one. Oh well, let's just all use Getflix's VPN service.

people are weird
How long until we see CBD fan fiction?

Been thinking of starting up a YouTube channel with gameplay videos with me impersonating an exaggerated sterotype of a bogan talking over it. Reckon it could be funny? I can do a pretty good wog accent too so could mix it up a bit

Fuck. After putting off seeing Mad Max at the swish Titan XC Reading theatre in Geelong, I find today that it's only showing in regular theatres from now on.

I shouldn't be bummed with my girlfriend for putting it off the last few weekends, but... argh :/
Go see it in Melbourne after work.

Shaneus

You're a Telstra user right? Just use Thanks movies to buy Village tickets for $11. I've doing that for over 2 years. So much money saved.
But it's not in a special cinema anymore. That was kinda the point :/ Village doesn't have it in VMax (which sounds like a tampon) and Reading is now showing JP in whatever special cinema it has. Figured if MM was worth seeing in cinemas, it was worth seeing with 500.9 surround sound and a fucking massive screen.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
It cost me $10.70 to see Age of Ultron on Tuesday. I'm not sure if booking the tickets online had anything to do with it.

Cerity

Come at me steam sales, I've spent over 45 hours at work this week (clocking in another 10+ tomorrow), my wallet is actually ready for once.

And I'll probably end up getting a whole 2 games

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Same here. I'm very tempted and before seeing it I was hardly contemplating purchasing a PS4. I always thought if I was to buy a next gen console it would be a Xbox One.

Right now I don't really want to buy anything because I'm travelling, but I've had my mind set on building a new PC for years now. Once I settle down somewhere and make it my intention to spend at least 2 years living there, then I'll build that PC.

Despite occasionally getting the "ooh new tech!" feeling, I've no real interest in the "vision" that Sony and Microsoft have presented us with in the PS4/XB1. Ever since they were first announced I've seen them as under-powered stopgaps that exist solely for both companies to maximise their ROI. But whatever the case: I'll probably end up considering a PS4 once they release a slim model, but I have zero interest in an XB1.

Dryk

I played Splatoon for a bit and remembered why I love it. Then I played a single game of ranked and remembered why I hated it.

Kritz

Banned
keeping in mind there will be an ausgaf auspax meetup sometime around Oct 30 - Nov 1, too, if history is anything to go by.

Shaneus

For the racing fans among us (I imagine there's not that many) the Le Mans 24hr is this weekend! OT. Also, it's only $15 or so to sub for the weekend, gets you access on the mobile app and the website. Excite!

Stackboy

Hello VPNs

Come at me steam sales, I've spent over 45 hours at work this week (clocking in another 10+ tomorrow), my wallet is actually ready for once.

And I'll probably end up getting a whole 2 games

I have alot of games on my wish list, just waiting for the right price.

Man..Christopher Lee has left us. though an amazing and long life full of awesome, I'm still sad.

Super sad, he was a legend. He was metal until the day he died.

Omikron

For those participating in the steam sale, just be careful about discounts and check previous historical pricing before purchasing. Been some cases of pubs increasing prices pre-sale...

Looking in particular at Wolfenstein.

Shaneus

For those participating in the steam sale, just be careful about discounts and check previous historical pricing before purchasing. Been some cases of pubs increasing prices pre-sale...

Looking in particular at Wolfenstein.
Dodgyyyy. When exactly does the sale start?

Bernbaum

Jurassic World is dumb and clunky in a lot of places and almost slightly clever in a few others but I was grinning through every second of it and had an absolute blast.

Jurassic World is dumb and clunky in a lot of places and almost slightly clever in a few others but I was grinning through every second of it and had an absolute blast.

I'm usually pretty harsh on clunky, but I thought they totally nailed this. It's EXACTLY like a theme park like this would turn out to be- Disneyland rather than the low rent safari park ride of the first film.
The kids having matches and able to fix a car was kind of silly, but the kids stopped serving any story point for the second half so we could concentrate on Chris Pratt, having turned into Ben Grimm and Bryce Dallas Howard who becomes totally
HNNNGG
worthy by the end.

Despite the danger, I'd totally go to Jurassic World for a holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom