• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
wha?

Going to watch it soon but I don't expect much

lol not a direct sequel, I meant it was like the Simon Pegg/Nick Frost movies. Made by the same people with a similar feel but different material.

Not a huge amount of laugh out loud moments but entertaining for the vast majority of the run time with some good action too.

Pandemic

Is anyone good with computers/Google Chrome?

I've been having an issue lately where I'd visit a website, such as the Sony Entertainment Network website. It'd log in, then I'd click a button then it'd log out instantly... It's happened with a few other websites, with some resolving themselves somehow..

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Glad I'm not the only one to have liked the Interview (but I really didn't like Pineapple Express that much). I kinda wished I'd bought it instead of renting because I can see myself watching it again in a year or two.

Mass Effect- I played through all three on 260 and then started to replay them years later on PC (well 1&2). I hated not being able to use a controller on the PC version so I stopped at the end of 1. Have they ever fixed that?

The only thing I think ME2 really screwed up was the planet thing because that scanning bullshit was fucking terrible and a drag on the fun. The Mako was one the things I loved about the first game and rather than fix it, they just took it out. ME3 was better apart from this bullshit. The original ending didn't bother me at all (I didn't love it, I just accepted that's how the story ends) and I always hated that Bioware didn't have the artistic integrity to stand by their work.

jambo

Is anyone good with computers/Google Chrome?

I've been having an issue lately where I'd visit a website, such as the Sony Entertainment Network website. It'd log in, then I'd click a button then it'd log out instantly... It's happened with a few other websites, with some resolving themselves somehow..

Any ideas?

Cheers!

I had a similar issue with not being able to login to YouTube at all.

Clearing cookies fixed it for me

iAzobQH.jpg

f9BLQxo.jpg

The side quests are fucking terrible.

hamchan

Raising your kids on N64 is the way to go IMO. Before we had all these 8 year olds playing CoD (and CSGO) we had kids playing nice games like Mario 64, Ocarina and Goldeneye.

Everyone knows the greats SM64, OoT and Majora's Mask, Goldeneye 007, Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, Conker, DK64 but the N64 had a lot more fun titles.

Duke Nukem Zero Hour for the N64 is an under-appreciated game. People forget that while Duke Nukem Forever was being "developed," there were 3 or 4 other decent third-peerson Duke Nukem games that were released on the N64 and PSOne. Turok 2 is a pile of shit and I curse myself for spending so much time on it. Same with Quake 64. I think I have Quake II and Doom 64 somewhere in a box as well. I think the first two times I played Duke 3D it was the N64 version.

Shadows of the Empire was ok, but Rogue Squadron was utterly fantastic, also nice was its ignored successor Battle for Naboo. Mission Impossible was a weird thing after Goldeneye made us think licensed games were good again. And Rayman 2 was godly. Vigilante 8 was OK.

Worst N64 game I had was the South Park FPS. Fuckn awful. Worse than Rainbow 6 mapped to the N64 controller (I rented R6 once and then compounded the mistake by buying that on Dreamcast)

r1chard

So since I couldn't have a PS4 I bought Wasteland 2 instead.

You were right, AusGAF. It's after goddamn midnight, which hardly ever happens these days. You were right.

Raising your kids on N64 is the way to go IMO. Before we had all these 8 year olds playing CoD (and CSGO) we had kids playing nice games like Mario 64, Ocarina and Goldeneye.

N64 is gross. Terrible blurry graphics, low frame rates, archaic 3D games. I'd give the early 3D systems a miss and go straight from SNES/Mega Drive > PS2.

Fredescu

There is a system transfer option under system settings. Just follow the wizard and it does it's stuff.

No idea about trade in value. If you find out, I'd like to know too.

hamchan

When it is done, here is a video of marsh being a smart arse in csgo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g6cCHS7jN0

Fark, he should do this every round.

N64 is gross. Terrible blurry graphics, low frame rates, archaic 3D games. I'd give the early 3D systems a miss and go straight from SNES/Mega Drive > PS2.

I think they need to experience the worst of 3D graphics with amazing game design to truly understand the modern era of great 3D graphics and bad game design.

Shaneus

So, I find out today that for dexies, there's a 6 month expiry on prescriptions from the initial date. That six months for me expired fucking yesterday :/

And of course, doctor is likely on holiday until fuck-knows when so I doubt it could get called through. Fuck.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Whats the process for transferring my stuff to the new 3DS? I want duel sticks for MH4 and how much can i get at EB for my XL?

There is a system transfer option under system settings. Just follow the wizard and it does it's stuff.

No idea about trade in value. If you find out, I'd like to know too.

Just follow the system transfer stuff on the 3ds, it's pretty easy, i did it when I went from my 2ds to n3ds, then just copy paste the SD card contents to the microSD card!

edit: lol @ csgo marsh. good stuff.

BBQ and drinks at a friends too. Shipping the kids off to their grandparents place this year. My wife was pregnant last new years, so she is ready to let her hair down.

Out to a nearby tourist town for some stupid parade then down the local beach for some fun in the sun with the sun and then early fireworks at 10pm hopefully.

Have to go fucking camping tomorrow >_<

Lucky I found my Vita charger!

Deeku

low key night with family. might go out to watch the fireworks. i'm kinda all partied out though, shoulda spread out my gatherings more.

N0VAM0D

Made some last minute plans for NYE today. The boyf and I are gonna make some cocktails for ourselves at home, get mildly fucked, check out the Sydney fireworks, then go to some Latin party with a bunch of friends and get absolutely wasted. Can't wait!

Happy New Year everyone!

None of my friends are having a BBQ or anything so I don't know what to do D:

A friend wants to go out clubbing tomorrow night so that's something I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom