• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
My puppy starting barking at the fireworks without even lifting up her head, and now she's already back to sleep.

Happy new year AusGAF!

Gazunta

Eight days.

The wife has family down in Melbourne, and she wanted to spend a large chunk of the holidays down there with them. Fair enough, says I, and dutifully tag along.

Eight days.

Eight days of being stuck in the relative's house with NO INTERNET (they were on some shitty old ADSL connection that never worked right in the first place, but I somehow broke because too many devices connected to the wifi, THAT MAKES NO SENSE), intense boredom (because GOD FUCKING FORBID we could actually leave the house for an hour, much less see our friends...the shitty moods we would receive if we dare do so much as go for a walk / run outside), a billion fucking games of Monopoly (I fucking detest playing Monopoly now) and being stuck with some of the grumpiest, unhappiest people in the world. Eight days of hearing them drone on about evil Asians and scary Muslims and whatever fucking racist shit they learn from A Current Affair which they watch with complete lack of irony.

Eight days of watching them play fucking Hay Day. Like twenty God damn iPads in the house all playing Hay Day at the same time, on a 3G internet dongle they wouldn't let us use because all I do is "break computers" even though all they got me to do was fix their fucking malware infested fucking trash laptops. Now I used to work with a lot of people who were really, really REALLY into WoW but those guys had NOTHING on a bunch of old people who just played Hay Day 24/7 and spent a small fucking fortune on whatever the fuck IAP that game has. It's rather interesting watching addiction take hold like that.

I mean of course I took down all my devices (I quite like my New 3DS btw...god damn it makes the 3D so usable you just leave it on and kind of...forget about concentrating on it...rather lovely) but of course the wife would get so mad at everyone just staring at their devices all day (I think she had a fair point, to be honest) so it's not like I could use them much. EXCEPT I gave the wife my Old 3DS and she got right stuck into Zelda Phantom Hourglass, which we enjoyed ploughing through over a few days...until the cartridge popped out and we realised we never fucking SAVED EVER AGH.

(Weird how Phantom Hourglass saves SOME things automatically but not others...we loaded the initial save file and found SOME items and map markings already in the save file, but not others, weeeeird)

It was a very frustrating eight days, and I'm glad I'm back. Except for this fucking heat fuck Brisbane actually this place sucks.

I'M STONE COLD SOBER JUST HOT AND CRANKY HAPPY NEW YEARS AUSGAF I LOVE YOU.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Hai. Gome time now. On train station from footscxray, trainsbetter be running. Had a nice night of beer and other and polite discussions! Onwards to 1015!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Gah. 50 mminute wait for train hoem grom the city, and now I've just realised I left my keys at my mates.

Hope I left some vulnerabilities in the homestead. Or I'm sleeping under the bbq cover

We went to a local NYE thing at a local park and spent most of the time chasing after a two year old who was going hyper due to:

1) The masses and masses of kids running around playing. So many kids. So hype.
2) The glowsticks everywhere
3) The musical act up on stage
4) The fact that he may have eaten half of one of those curly potatoes on a stick. It was coated in chicken salt
5) All the noise.

He was running through crowds of people waving his arms and squealing like he was Kevin McCallister from Home Alone.

Anyway, that was lots of fun, would celebrate again.

Happy New Year, guys!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Happy new year AusGAF!

2014 was pretty damn awesome (for me) and I'm expecting even better things from 2015. Can't wait :)

Happy new year to y'all.
Had a pretty sick end to 2014 living in Korea but I'm hoping for more fulfilment lasting throughout the year in 2015.

Ventron

Happy New Year all!

I missed the fireworks because the set top box at my friend's house decided to break at the worst possible moment...

markot

Banned
Whats the Tesltra pre paid plan that gives you credit you can spend on Google Play >_<?

Fireworks are the most boring thing ever. Seriously. They made explosions boring. Great job China!

Not even 24 and my hair is visibly thinning in a couple of places.

Anyone here ever sought treatment for it? Other than just embracing it and shaving, I mean.

Dead Man

Happy Thursday!

Also, can anyone help this senile bastard? I got a steam gift, accepted it and didn't make a note of who sent it. How do I find out who sent it?

Anyone here ever sought treatment for it? Other than just embracing it and shaving, I mean.

My hair has been thinning since 30, but never tried to do anything about it. Thinning crown though, which I think is easier to deal with in the sense of ignoring it. Shave the head, rock the naked dome.

Stackboy

Had about 15 people over to our place for a party. Good fun, one drunk friend got kind of creepy.

Today me and my wife have watched Pan's Labyrinth (forgot how depressing that movie can be), then How to Train Your Dragon 2 (I don't understand why people like that movie so much, I mean
how come the dad and kid never asked why the mum didn't come back IN 20 YEARS
).

Just about to cook the left over BBQ and give Shadow of Mordor another try. If Giant Bomb can love it, then so can I.

N0VAM0D

I went to the aquarium today and now I'm eating fish and chips by the harbour. Am I a terrible person?

at least the fishies were cool

lexi

Banned
Had about 15 people over to our place for a party. Good fun, one drunk friend got kind of creepy.

Today me and my wife have watched Pan's Labyrinth (forgot how depressing that movie can be), then How to Train Your Dragon 2 (I don't understand why people like that movie so much, I mean
how come the dad and kid never asked why the mum didn't come back IN 20 YEARS
).

Just about to cook the left over BBQ and give Shadow of Mordor another try. If Giant Bomb can love it, then so can I.

Even I loved Shadow of Mordor and I'm hard to please.

Was the creepy drunk friend webby?

$82 from EB (with 10%). Not sure about JB yet.

Any idea on OG 3DS trade prices?

Embrace that shit or expect ridicule. Chicks love dudes who are confident enough to roll with it and #1 that shit off.

Haters gonna hate, hate, hate
Just shave it off, shave it off

Darklord

Banned
Fucking Metal Gear Rising is pissing me off so much. It was fine most of the same and now Samuel is kicking my god damn arse and I have no healing rations either, I have to run around collecting the few in the area and that's it. I still don't get how to parry properly, sometimes I do it flawlessly and other times nothing happens and I get slaughtered. It's enraging.

Axiom

Beta Bar's NYE thing was pretty great, ended up playing tons of Johann Sebastian Joust, an epic game of giant Jenga while a band played the Pokemon battle music, counted down to the New Year with Daria (literally) and danced with cute girls decked out in Doctor Who accessories after.

Was a good start.

Jintor

Fucking Metal Gear Rising is pissing me off so much. It was fine most of the same and now Samuel is kicking my god damn arse and I have no healing rations either, I have to run around collecting the few in the area and that's it. I still don't get how to parry properly, sometimes I do it flawlessly and other times nothing happens and I get slaughtered. It's enraging.

I don't have a lot of tips besides utilise defence offence, sam has very obvious tells, and also git good because parrying is not that hard (seriously in Rising you can just spam the stick towards pretty much anyone and the window is generous enough that you can spam-parry your way into a perfect defence)

I think they need to experience the worst of 3D graphics with amazing game design to truly understand the modern era of great 3D graphics and bad game design.

Happy new years everyone! I was camping and just arrived back to civilisation. First order of business: jump on GAF.

I think all of the N64/PS1/Saturn "classics" have been topped. Games that once seemed mindblowing are pretty basic these days.

Happy new years everyone! I was camping and just arrived back to civilisation. First order of business: jump on GAF.

I think all of the N64/PS1/Saturn "classics" have been topped. Games that once seemed mindblowing are pretty basic these days.

All? Doubtful. Off the top of my head: Symphony of the Night. Parappa the Rapper. There are also a heap of weird genre PS1 games that stopped getting produced in the PS2 era when 3d got more expensive. And the Golden age of PS1 JRPG.

How did you get through Blade Wolf fight without learning to parry precisely?

I can't remember the exact details but I was getting fucked hard until I nailed it. It's really easy to parry when you get the hang of it but I thought the tutorials did a crap job of teaching you how to do it. Maybe try firing up the simulator?

N0VAM0D

In other news, The Interview was pretty good. Not terrible, not outstanding, but certainly decent. Mostly well-made and funny. It was at least worth the $6 rental.

And I've found Franco and Rogen films to be very hit or miss, but this one was good. Hopefully we'll see more Diana Bang and Randall Park.

I ended up watching The Interview tonight and I have similar feelings towards it. It definitely took a while for the film to be consistently funny, but I ended up having a lot of fun. I usually enjoy Franco and Rogen films, though.

ClivePwned, you said that their films are hit and miss for you? Which ones did you think were a miss, out of curiosity?

sorry for double posting

Darklord

Banned
How did you get through Blade Wolf fight without learning to parry precisely?

I can't remember the exact details but I was getting fucked hard until I nailed it. It's really easy to parry when you get the hang of it but I thought the tutorials did a crap job of teaching you how to do it. Maybe try firing up the simulator?

I had no issue with Blade Wolf. I even went back to the parry tutorial and I do it perfectly. I don't get it. :(

r1chard

FYI the Target $499 bundle is back in stock in the online store.
A762952.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom