• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up watching The Interview tonight and I have similar feelings towards it. It definitely took a while for the film to be consistently funny, but I ended up having a lot of fun. I usually enjoy Franco and Rogen films, though.

ClivePwned, you said that their films are hit and miss for you? Which ones did you think were a miss, out of curiosity?

sorry for double posting

Superbad and Pineapple Express (both written by Rogen and Goldberg) both resulted in products less than the sum of the talent. But This is the End was pretty good (if patchy). The Interview was the funniest thing I've seen Rogen do since Knocked Up. Pineapple was such a Boromir film.

They Interview's also rather nicely directed.

It's as worthy of viewing as the other films and way more quotable.
They hate us because they ain't us

Darren870

Happy New Year all. NYE was pretty good in Melbourne. Nice to enjoy the heat rather then the cold for a change!

Back to work, they really should have the 2nd as a paid holiday too though :)

Been purchasing furniture for the new place, been doing it pretty cheaply actually so have saved a bit of money. Guy at JB Hi-Fi gave me $400 off the fridge we wanted. Always a plus!!

All? Doubtful. Off the top of my head: Symphony of the Night. Parappa the Rapper. There are also a heap of weird genre PS1 games that stopped getting produced in the PS2 era when 3d got more expensive. And the Golden age of PS1 JRPG.

Symphony of the Night... hmm you might be right. Parappa was topped by Um Jammer Lammy (same generation though). I was mainly thinking about 3D adventure games, FPS, platformers etc. When I think about the really off the wall unique games there's probably plenty that haven't been topped.

Hey AusGAF. How we all doing? I need some help. Do any of you guys know a site online where I can buy some interesting, unique t-shirts?

I'm a pretty good looking guy - but I feel like I need to update my wardrobe. I wanna stick out a bit. I'm even open to some related to gaming.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Hey AusGAF. How we all doing? I need some help. Do any of you guys know a site online where I can buy some interesting, unique t-shirts?

I'm a pretty good looking guy - but I feel like I need to update my wardrobe. I wanna stick out a bit. I'm even open to some related to gaming.

hello!

https://www.threadless.com is where i've gone on occasions, they're usually decently priced and the qualities alright for $10ish t shirts!

N0VAM0D

Superbad and Pineapple Express (both written by Rogen and Goldberg) both resulted in products less than the sum of the talent. But This is the End was pretty good (if patchy). The Interview was the funniest thing I've seen Rogen do since Knocked Up. Pineapple was such a Boromir film.

l ol

Thanks for your insight! I can't say I agree completely since I think those films are fantastic, but that's just me. Also, I just realised I haven't seen Knocked Up, holy shit!

I'm a female, but I do have some good recommendations!

ASOS (they have everything and most of it looks really good)
cool shirtz (featuring such shirts as "thrillho"and "expand dong")
also I found this list of some super nice sites, you should check them out!

Thanks for the recommendations everyone. Looks like I'm gonna be busy tonight going through them all - I'm impressed with quite a few of them.

I've never bought shirts online, but now that I'm looking into it I feel I've been missing out and that I never need to go into a clothes shop again. :p

EDIT:
There's also http://www.qwertee.com/ which is much more rapid-fire than Threadless.

RIPT offer 3 designs for 24 hours every day. Great quality, great designs and only $14 posted.

What's with this trend of only having a few go up for sale each day? I was looking at the ones that are now in the 'graveyard' and I want some! ;_;

HowZatOZ

Banned
Thanks for the recommendations everyone. Looks like I'm gonna be busy tonight going through them all - I'm impressed with quite a few of them.

I've never bought shirts online, but now that I'm looking into it I feel I've been missing out and that I never need to go into a clothes shop again. :p

EDIT:

What's with this trend of only having a few go up for sale each day? I was looking at the ones that are now in the 'graveyard' and I want some! ;_;

Makes people impulse buy because they see the item is limited and don't want to miss out.

Short print runs means they can keep costs low, 1/2 print runs with a known amount since they pre-order and send them out a few days after the designs are up on the site.

I also assume it helps with the whole 'using other companies IP' issue lol

hamchan

I really liked The Interview too. I'm a fan of Pineapple Express and This is the End though. Rogen/Franco are good combo. Especially Franco, I think he's a legit great actor.

Dryk

Uh oh, the Adelaide Hills are burning down
bbd0vK9.jpg

bomma_man

Not even 24 and my hair is visibly thinning in a couple of places.

Anyone here ever sought treatment for it? Other than just embracing it and shaving, I mean.

I would also be interested in this information as baldness resides in wait within my genes and within my future. It's going to start from the back.

Happy Thursday!

Also, can anyone help this senile bastard? I got a steam gift, accepted it and didn't make a note of who sent it. How do I find out who sent it?

My hair has been thinning since 30, but never tried to do anything about it. Thinning crown though, which I think is easier to deal with in the sense of ignoring it. Shave the head, rock the naked dome.

24 too, I've been using Regain (or Rogain? Something like that) for the past few months and have noticed a decent bit of re growth. I think it's something that's important to nip in the bud, because it doesn't work miracles and in many cases only halts the decline, rather than reversing it. Bit of a pain in the arse to use too, twice a day and makes your hair go greasy.

See, I think Superbad is a modern comedy classic but Pineapple Express and This is the End were both pretty average. Where do you think I would fall on The Interview?

Stackboy

Was the creepy drunk friend webby?

Unfortunately its not hard to guess

My retry of Shadow of Mordor is very successful. I've learnt to run away more and got some abilities that just open the whole game up. Man that start can be difficult.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
what time does Nintendo usually update the e-shop?

I want some Toad.

See, I think Superbad is a modern comedy classic but Pineapple Express and This is the End were both pretty average. Where do you think I would fall on The Interview?

Taste is so amazingly subjective.

Do you enjoy the dark comedic violence of Guy Ritchie or Tarantino movies? That's what I'd say is the main difference between this and the earlier movies. Not major spoilers but I'll tag it anyway. The last third sees
some maimings, and some killings, some quite gruesome if you're not expecting it (no worse than This is the End).

I also think this movie manages to keep its plot moving better. Its also a bit like Sunset Overdrive, it's not as dumb as you think its going to be.

I guess ultimately, it depends on what hoops you have to jump through in order to see it.

I have been at work tonight, but I just got a call from my ex and she was checking if it is ok for her to drop off the animals at my place, if the fire gets more severe (she lives in Birdwood).

Juicy Bob

Stay safe, Adelaide-GAF.

My parents live in Golden Grove, as do a lot of people I knew when I lived there. I'm trying to get in contact with them now but I'm sure they'll be alright.

Dryk

do you live in tantanoola
No, I just have a lot of friends up Greenwith way that have had to leave just in case. I live in Modbury North I'll be fine.

EDIT: CFS says that getting this under control will be measured in weeks, not days. Gumeracha and Birdwood currently under threat.

Quasar

So my PC is an older Intel 2500k based system that uses a Coolermaster 212 EVO CPU cooler. Anyway lately the fan has started to rattle and so I'm shopping for a new CPU fan.

And frankly I'm not really sure where to start. Noise certainly is a priority as is not being too expensive. And I guess it needs to be a PWM fan.

So I'm looking for suggestions.

Noctua seems to be out given its rep for super noisy fans.

So my PC is an older Intel 2500k based system that uses a Coolermaster 212 EVO CPU cooler. Anyway lately the fan has started to rattle and so I'm shopping for a new CPU fan.

And frankly I'm not really sure where to start. Noise certainly is a priority as is not being too expensive. And I guess it needs to be a PWM fan.

I'm lazy so I'd just chuck an updated 212X on there. Pricier than I remember!

Quasar

Nice read! But yeah, I lived in Newcastle my entire life (except for the past 8-9 months) and never have I heard the term "joey" being used instead of "bindies".

Me either. Bindies seems to be the norm. And I have no idea where they got 'empire sausage' from, its devon.

Oh I'm too lazy to replace the whole cooler.

Ohhhhh I get you now. Did it come with a spare fan? For some reason I think I got a spare one in the box for my 212+ back in the day. I've found Coolermaster fans to be quiet, got 2 extra ones on my case and I've had zero issues with them so far.

Quasar

Ohhhhh I get you now. Did it come with a spare fan? For some reason I think I got a spare one in the box for my 212+ back in the day. I've found Coolermaster fans to be quiet, got 2 extra ones on my case and I've had zero issues with them so far.

Naah. My evo only case with one fan, though it came with twos sets of brackets to allow for a dual fan setup.

Tommy DJ

Noctua don't make particularly noisy fans, where did you hear that? I don't like their fans due to some uneven bearing noise when running at 7V and they're priced much higher than they're actually worth but they're not anywhere close to being super noisy.

There's two things to keep in mind. Most fans don't like running at really low speeds and all fans are some form of loud if they're spinning faster than ~700RPM. That sounds contradictory but all fans start making obvious consistent motor noise when spinning quickly and most make uneven bearing noise when running slowly.

The Scythe Slipstreams I have are quite good at low RPMs and should be very cheap. Not the best heatsink fan but its probably one of the best low cost options if good low noise characteristics when spinning slow are desired.

Quasar

Noctua don't make particularly noisy fans, where did you hear that? I don't like their fans due to some uneven bearing noise when running at 7V and they're priced much higher than they're actually worth but they're not anywhere close to being super noisy.

I dunno. I just recall many reviews from years ago about super noisy fans, probably due to super high speed.

I have thought about a Be quiet! SilentWings 2 but I'm just not sure its compatible with the EVO and its clip on brackets.

Tommy DJ

If you're going to spend $20-30 on a 120mm fan, it might be worth waiting for a few more impressions of the EK Vardar 120mm fans. They look like Gentle Typhoon clones / rebrands that may or may not be better. Outside of bearing noise at very low RPMs, Gentle Typhoons were the #1 fan for radiator and heatsink duty for their insanely good noise / performance. Maybe EK has solved these issues since first impressions claim that they're quieter at the same RPM.

Dryk

Does anyone from AusGAF live in Gumeracha? Because if so I hope they got out. CFS has declared leaving unsafe and told everyone to hunker down and hope for the best.

Dead Man

Does anyone from AusGAF live in Gumeracha? Because if so I hope they got out. CFS has declared leaving unsafe and told everyone to hunker down and hope for the best.

Fuck. Mate of mine lives between Gumeracha and Kersbrook. Thought the wind was going to help him out last night, but sounds like his place might be fucked.

uTEfdRU.png

Damn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom