• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dryk

Montecute and Lobethal residents have been given the evacuation warning, Birdwood's probably the next to need to go. The fire has doubled in size since 0800.
88rWA.jpg

If there's any AusGAFers playing GTAV on PS4 then hmu because I need to roll with more of the GAF crew, it'd be rad to organise sessions and heists

PSN: Radiowar

(I got Secret Ponchos and LoU as well while I'm here)

jambo

3 families we know have had to evacuate.

Hoping the cooling weather and possible rain will help.

RxYpfP9.jpg

ZceqbSR.jpg

This one is from 50km away, across the Gulf

FwaTJGT.jpg

Dryk

Tea Tree Gully Boarding Kennels and Cattery said:
APOLOGIES FOR NOT ANSWERING ALL CALLS & QUERIES.

THE FIRE CAME THROUGH THE KENNELS AND ANIMALS LIVES WERE LOST.

Apologies for putting such an awful posting on Facebook, but we have been unable to handle all the calls we have had.

Some Facebook reports have said only a few dogs were saved. This is incorrect, but a large number did perish. We did manage to save in excess of 40 dogs. Devastatingly we lost the cattery and none of the cats survived.

We love all the animals we have in our care and are devastated by this. Our deepest sympathy to all who have suffered a loss.

We have lost a home, business & pets we love and feel so awful about the loss of people's beloved pets.

Paul is endeavouring to answer & return calls.

Access to our road is still impossible with the roads closed.

Picking up dogs will be subject to that being resolved. We will endeavour to keep you informed on Facebook.

Facebook comments are about what you'd expect <.<

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
read about 40 comments and all I saw was good comments, hoping the families are ok etc.

was happy with the world.

jambo

Havent and wont read them. But people are sad cause their pets died?

Some people are angry that the place wasn't evacuated earlier and that owners weren't called when the fires got closer.

It's a operation run by a family who have a house on the property.

Seems like some mistakes were made, but people are going a bit hard when it's still all so raw.

Gazunta

Kritz you got Burnout Paradise, Street Fighter 4 and CRACKDOWN in there, you chose...wisely.

Also, holy fucking shit at the Adelaide fire. I had no idea this was going on! Stay safe Radelaide GAF

jambo

Had another ultrasound scan today.

About 10 seconds in the lady had a view of the legs and then pushed up a bit and said "That's a scrotum."

It's a boy!

About 10 seconds in the lady had a view of the legs and then pushed up a bit and said "That's a scrotum."

It's a boy!
Yay! Boys are lots of fun, but I've been told that they're harder to handle once they can walk. Wouldn't know because I was never really around little girls much growing up and I only have the one (male) kid.

Danoss

Now we remember why we don't set off nukes in populated areas.

Dumb jokes aside, stay safe RadGAF and co. I haven't been following the news, but if some arsonist prick started this fire, I'll flip my lid.

It's a boy!

Because I'm 33 going on 9, this is very funny to me. ‘Scrotum’ will never cease to be a great word. Congrats on the news!

Now we remember why we don't set off nukes in populated areas.

Dumb jokes aside, stay safe RadGAF and co. I haven't been following the news, but if some arsonist prick started this fire, I'll flip my lid.

I was talking to a guy at work the other day, saying I sure hope no dickhead lights a fire (when the weather was in the 40s and extreme fire danger) and then the Samson Flat fire started....

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...evastating-blaze/story-fnl1ee8j-1227173831057

It doesn't really help the situation, but for me it helps to know it wasn't intentional. Just some poor dude bought this property that was poorly maintained and a major fire risk :(

Dead Man

I was talking to a guy at work the other day, saying I sure hope no dickhead lights a fire (when the weather was in the 40s and extreme fire danger) and then the Samson Flat fire started....

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...evastating-blaze/story-fnl1ee8j-1227173831057

It doesn't really help the situation, but for me it helps to know it wasn't intentional. Just some poor dude bought this property that was poorly maintained and a major fire risk :(
Poor bastard. The CFS crew that responded must be gutted too.

Dryk

Poor bastard. The CFS crew that responded must be gutted too.
I was saying this morning he'll probably end up regretting every day he didn't spend cleaning up after the previous resident. He shouldn't, but he will :\

It's hardly spreading at all today which is good news

Gazunta

BRISGAF! Where is the best and most HASSLE-FREE place to buy a PC from?

The old desktop PC I got from Krome has finally died, or at least, gotten stuffed beyond the point where I can be arsed wasting any more time trying to fix it. The wife's given me the OK to buy a new PC to replace it this week...and who am I to argue?

The fact that I was happily plugging along on a 6 year old PC should give you an idea of what kind of performance I'm after (ie: not much). I won't be playing anything more heavy than Civilization on it, mainly. This is very much a PC for Photoshopping with a big screen. I want it to run Windows (ideally pre-installed), I want 8GB of RAM and I want a metric fuckton of USB ports for all my external hard drives and shit. Would I be able to get away with something under $600?

The old desktop PC I got from Krome has finally died, or at least, gotten stuffed beyond the point where I can be arsed wasting any more time trying to fix it. The wife's given me the OK to buy a new PC to replace it this week...and who am I to argue?

The fact that I was happily plugging along on a 6 year old PC should give you an idea of what kind of performance I'm after (ie: not much). I won't be playing anything more heavy than Civilization on it, mainly. This is very much a PC for Photoshopping with a big screen. I want it to run Windows (ideally pre-installed), I want 8GB of RAM and I want a metric fuckton of USB ports for all my external hard drives and shit. Would I be able to get away with something under $600?

6 years is a good run for a Luke machine.
Dunno, The few times I need computer bits, I still go to Computer Alliance.

Gazunta

Do you still get the Krome discount? :) I haven't been there in ages, my dad used to go there all the time and used my business card to get the price knocked down all the time back in the day :p

Msy.

Do you still get the Krome discount? :) I haven't been there in ages, my dad used to go there all the time and used my business card to get the price knocked down all the time back in the day :p

you could try that, I just go there because it's the least annoying PC place I know. Like I'm going to go to gamedude up the road. Or that Umart on Logan Rd that looks like that pawnshop in pulp fiction.

N0VAM0D

I served Toni Colette at my work last night and she was super nice

teehee

EDIT: omg I'm a member now let's fucking party

radaxian

It shits all over 3D World from a great distance.

No timers means it's kid friendly! Yay!

Although I paid $59 on Friday for it. I wonder if Target would refund me the difference :/

Yeah me too, got it on Saturday at Target for $59. Even at $59 it feels like a bargain for a first party Nintendo game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom