• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I get home I'm not really even planning to play, I just want it installed and fully patched for when I get home from work on Thursday.

Someone mentioned that EB might refuse to price match at the midnight launch, in which case I'll rock up at 10pm, get the bad news, and then do my best to eat $100 worth of their food before leaving.

If they are dicks, pay full price on the night and then buy it from elsewhere for cheaper next day then return a copy to EB.

Rizzi

The matchmaking for Battlefront on PC is so shitty.
No server browser, as far as I can tell no Australian servers, takes an eternity to find a match, and then it's usually empty. Woo.

bomma_man

I think I may have met you, but not sure.

Do you know Cody?

Haha yeah, we were pretty good friends around 2008-09. It got too hard to compartmentalise his far right political views after a while so we drifted apart. I think I might slightly recognise your face from somewhere actually? Did you go to guilford?

Arksy

The matchmaking for Battlefront on PC is so shitty.
No server browser, as far as I can tell no Australian servers, takes an eternity to find a match, and then it's usually empty. Woo.

That's because no one in Australia that didn't buy it digitally has it yet. It comes out in stores tomorrow. You should see a huge number of people online then...once people have picked up their games up from brick and mortar retailers.

EA has a fair amount of server infrastructure in Australia so they should have dedicated Australian servers.

That's because no one in Australia that didn't buy it digitally has it yet. It comes out in stores tomorrow. You should see a huge number of people online then...once people have picked up their games up from brick and mortar retailers.

EA has a fair amount of server infrastructure in Australia so they should have dedicated Australian servers.

hopefully they looked at how Titanfall's online code worked because that was glorious.

Well they did price match at the midnight launch, which was nice.

Some pretty epic cosplay here I have to say! The food was pretty good too. The free stuff (tshirts) had pretty much been picked clean by randoms off the street by 10pm, none of whom were getting the game lol. They grabbed the tshirts, stuffed their pockets full of lollies, and then left :)

The lightsabre fighting turned out to be a bunch of mostly fat dudes in matching tshirts twirling kids toys... which was kind of charming in its own way I guess :)

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Random kid asked me to buy Black Ops 3 for him today. I promptly said no.

In 1998 I paid a homeless guy £10 to buy me Resident Evil 2.

In 2005 some random kid paid me £10 to buy him True Crime: NY and 50 Cent: Bulletproof.

It's funny how the world works like this.

Rizzi

Still getting shoved on servers with 200 ping.

Shaneus

Haha yeah, we were pretty good friends around 2008-09. It got too hard to compartmentalise his far right political views after a while so we drifted apart. I think I might slightly recognise your face from somewhere actually? Did you go to guilford?
It's true, Tasmania is officially smaller than Geelong.

The lightsabre fighting turned out to be a bunch of mostly fat dudes in matching tshirts twirling kids toys... which was kind of charming in its own way I guess :)

zGxn8Hm.jpg

So people like her didnt show up, I'm shocked.

Darren870

Sausage Sandwich? Thats just weird.

I'm switching to Snag from now on. I think I'll go to Bunnings and have a snag for lunch actually!

Gazunta

How good would a drive-thru place that just does sausages be though, seriously.

24 hours a day of course because when it's 2am there's nothing better.

Fredescu

A sandwich is more than one layer of bread. Folding over bread turns it into a sandwich. No one folds fairy bread because you would kill all the fairies. No one eats a sausage sandwich like fairy bread because your sausage will fall out.

it's not a hot dog since its not in a bread roll. wrong type of sausage if you want to be pedantic, which of course, I always do.

Sausage Sizzle is the event. Eating a sausage sizzle would involve eating a tent, a BBQ and some volunteers with coloured chalk.

But I think we do need a national convention for the correct name of the product of a sausage sizzle.

once again, Fred wins Ausgaf.

If you say 'sausage sandwich', the first thing that comes to mind is:
20120327-sausage-city-podhalanka-polish-sausage-sandwich-1.jpg

I do too. You're right about the roll, but I think the type of sausage is key to a hot dog.
Agree. But if it's a sausage in a roll ... what is it? Google Images seems to suggest it's still a 'sausage sandwich'.

A sandwich is more than one layer of bread. Folding over bread turns it into a sandwich. No one folds fairy bread because you would kill all the fairies. No one eats a sausage sandwich like fairy bread because your sausage will fall out.

A sausage sandwich might be the correct term technically, but nobody actually calls it that. "let's hit up the sausage sizzle" is more likely the kind of thing that would be said. A new term needs to be created specifically for this purpose, because clearly we are lacking.

What do you guys think of this build?

Intel i5 6600k
ASRock z170 Extreme4
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8) DDR4 2133
Gigabyte 970 Windforce
OCZ Arc 240GB SSD
EVGA SuperNOVA 750W Gold
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Fractal Design Define R5
DVD Drive
Noctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler

I considered maybe getting slightly faster memory but my understanding is that makes very little difference. I'm buying all this stuff from PC Case Gear let me know if I should use someone else.

My budget is $2000.
You can get a 250GB SSD here for $99 posted!

Fredescu

Agree. But if it's a sausage in a roll ... what is it? Google Images seems to suggest it's still a 'sausage sandwich'.

Probably uncommon enough not to have a proper name. I think the key to a sausage sizzle is for everything to be as cheap as possible, so while a hot dog style roll is probably a superior sausage vessel, you can knock out far more banga sangas for your buck with a few loaves of cheap white bread.

Fredescu, are you in NSW as well?

Yep.

Shaneus

Nope. Every definition I could find defined a sandwich as one or more slices of bread, not layers.

And a schooner is a boat, not a measurement for liquid.

If you say 'sausage sandwich', the first thing that comes to mind is:
20120327-sausage-city-podhalanka-polish-sausage-sandwich-1.jpg
Yeah, that's how I picture it, too.

Well they did price match at the midnight launch, which was nice.

Some pretty epic cosplay here I have to say! The food was pretty good too. The free stuff (tshirts) had pretty much been picked clean by randoms off the street by 10pm, none of whom were getting the game lol. They grabbed the tshirts, stuffed their pockets full of lollies, and then left :) :)
Stupid EB staff, just give people shirts when they buy the game, reward the actual customers lol

Random kid asked me to buy Black Ops 3 for him today. I promptly said no.
Good man Mega. Kid should ask his parent or an older looking friend to do it.

CUIR3qdUYAA0opv.png

"Sausage in bread" what the actual fuck Australia.

One solid price of bread as a sandwich? What the fuck is wrong with people lol

You go to the sausage sizzle to get a sausage/snag. I've never heard someone say 'sausage with bread' unless it's explaining to a kid what they are going to buy when the kid says "how do we hold the sausage, it'll be hot!??!!!!".

When we go down to Bunnings it's for a sausage. The bread is a delivery device not unlike a plastic plate at an outdoor gathering that is serving food. Ignore the bread, it's beneath naming. Call it an edible plate if you will.

Omikron

For reference. If you are going to run a sausage sizzle. I get that it is about cost generally. But pls have sauerkraut.

And bratwurst.

:>

I am all about my personal enjoyment of your processed meat products.

You should open a German sausage cookery, Bobs Burgers style. Get those kids working early! Maybe the family could live and run the business in an RV, get around all the happening spots in Melbourne on the weekends.

Fredescu

Nope. Every definition I could find defined a sandwich as one or more slices of bread, not layers.

You don't need a definition for common sense. If I feel like a Vegemite sandwich, but I would prefer a small one, I make it with one slice of bread and fold it over. The act of folding creates two pieces of bread out of one slice. The dictionary doesn't need to specify that, because it is self evident.

When we go down to Bunnings it's for a sausage. The bread is a delivery device not unlike a plastic plate at an outdoor gathering that is serving food. Ignore the bread, it's beneath naming. Call it an edible plate if you will.

While I think this needlessly denigrates the important role of bread, I agree that simply referring to the sausage is understandable and elegant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom