• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
next july. i could go to hk or taiwan or something instead but i'm pretty homesick tbh

oh no :( I'm sorry to hear that Jint. Are you having a good time otherwise?
帰る時に一緒に日本語を練習しようか^^

Anyone been to a midnight launch before? Normally I wouldn't bother, but my local EB (Broadway, NSW) is the official EA Australian launch site for Battlefront, so I'm kind of tempted...

jambo

Anyone been to a midnight launch before? Normally I wouldn't bother, but my local EB (Broadway, NSW) is the official EA Australian launch site for Battlefront, so I'm kind of tempted...

Went with wife to midnight launch of PS4.

They normally have some games to play, maybe food and drink. Line up at 10pm for tokens, then again at midnight with tokens to get game.

But why would you do a midnight laugh for a 3/5 game?

Jintor

also i'm idly tossing around writing a cyberpunk sydney kinda thing, so if you have any ideas that leap out at you toss them my way.

dity

Went to the midnight launch of Fallout 4 the other night. It was chill, you line up to pay or get your number and then either go away and come back at midnight to pick up your thing or stick around to talk to peoppe and play some games.

Fredescu

also i'm idly tossing around writing a cyberpunk sydney kinda thing, so if you have any ideas that leap out at you toss them my way.
I don't have any creative ideas but I think John Birmingham's Leviathan would be some good inspiration for that sort of thing.

Jintor

I don't have any creative ideas but I think John Birmingham's Leviathan would be some good inspiration for that sort of thing.

ooh, looks fascinating. I need something to read after vonnegut anyway.

i probably should've specified this is for a tabletop rpg thing (right now)

bomma_man

The lack of image is frustrating me lol.

Also incoming melbgaf pics. I think I included everyone lol

AAEA1S9.jpg

TDM and his harem.

Fun times. Home now

i never thought i'd see goose on gaf….

any local place where I can get replace thumbstick rubber for a DS4, and while i'm performing surgery on my only PS4 controller, a bigger battery that lasts more than 3 rounds of TDM?

yeah i am, especially since i'm getting better at japanese, but i just need a break
Ah yeah, I getcha. Have you got a holiday coming up?
I just submitted my application for 2016 so よろしくおねがいします, 先輩.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Tiddums you're from Tasmania, did you know Brent?

His last name starts with a 'H'

Went with wife to midnight launch of PS4.

They normally have some games to play, maybe food and drink. Line up at 10pm for tokens, then again at midnight with tokens to get game.

But why would you do a midnight laugh for a 3/5 game?
Because Star Wars

Yeah they have free food and drinks, gaming stations set up, competitions and freebies... and lightsaber fights (hosted by the "Sons of Obiwan" - seriously).

Went to the midnight launch of Fallout 4 the other night. It was chill, you line up to pay or get your number and then either go away and come back at midnight to pick up your thing or stick around to talk to peoppe and play some games.
Might turn up, get my ticket, hit the free stuff, do some grocery shopping, then pick up the game :)

Cerity

Got the upgrade bug due a few friends upgrading or buying new desktops and lawd the current prices are hurting my soul. I haven't really been following prices as my 2500k is doing me well enough but we had it so good back then :(

jambo

Might turn up, get my ticket, hit the free stuff, do some grocery shopping, then pick up the game :)

For the PS4 launch we got our ticket then went home for 2 hours. We only lived about 2 minutes drive from the store and didn't want to hang around when we could just watch Netflix.

For the PS4 launch we got our ticket then went home for 2 hours. We only lived about 2 minutes drive from the store and didn't want to hang around when we could just watch Netflix.
I'm planning to actually hit up the stuff they have going on, otherwise I probably wouldn't bother with the midnight launch at all. I reckon it'll be an hour by the time I do the food shop and pack the car so that leaves an hour for free food/drink/stuff, a bit of gaming, and some lightsabre fighting :p

Stackboy

I think I'm too cranky for midnight launches now. Just rock up at 8am in the morning. Ready to play for the whole day, rather than play for a few hours at midnight, sleep terribly, then be tired all day and try to play.

I think I'm too cranky for midnight launches now. Just rock up at 8am in the morning. Ready to play for the whole day, rather than play for a few hours at midnight, sleep terribly, then be tired all day and try to play.
When I get home I'm not really even planning to play, I just want it installed and fully patched for when I get home from work on Thursday.

Someone mentioned that EB might refuse to price match at the midnight launch, in which case I'll rock up at 10pm, get the bad news, and then do my best to eat $100 worth of their food before leaving.

hidys

What do you guys think of this build?

Intel i5 6600k
ASRock z170 Extreme4
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8) DDR4 2133
Gigabyte 970 Windforce
OCZ Arc 240GB SSD
EVGA SuperNOVA 750W Gold
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Fractal Design Define R5
DVD Drive
Noctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler

I considered maybe getting slightly faster memory but my understanding is that makes very little difference. I'm buying all this stuff from PC Case Gear let me know if I should use someone else.

My budget is $2000.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So, I streetpassed a "Rez" yesterday, from Victoria.. in japan...

Wasn't there a second Rez that used to live around these parts before rezbit took title?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom