• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's literally a train line from Domestic to the CBD (Central, Town Hall, Wynyard roughly). Just go to the ticket machine, hit the button for the station, pay the cash (or go to the ticket window, domestic is usually open i think).

In fact, I'm fairly certain the Domestic Airport's station name is just Domestic Terminal or something.

IIRC there's a train station at the airport. You should still be able to buy a paper ticket from a machine - they accept both cash and credit/debit card. However, you can always opt to buy an Opal card from the train station. You can load it up with cash at the train station and then press it onto Opal terminals at train stations and on buses and trams - you just press it on the Opal machine at the train station you get on, and again after you get off. You can either recharge it online (you'd need to set up an account on Opal's website) or at train stations and places like 7-11.

Here's a website for Airport Link which will give you the schedule for the trains running from the domestic terminal into Sydney. They even have a video for getting to the domestic terminal train station and a video on using the Opal cards.

Hope that is somewhat useful.

cheers

JB HiFi's website said they had the Xbox One Wireless Controller Adapter for Windows (omg that name) for pickup so I went in store and they were like "Oh no, only our city stores have them."

I fought through that heat for nothin'. Dude at the games counter didn't even know it was a thing so I had to give him the SKU from the web store.

Wow that's silly, you'd think they'd drop at least one or two at every store. Would it be cheaper to buy direct from MS?

dity

Wow that's silly, you'd think they'd drop at least one or two at every store. Would it be cheaper to buy direct from MS?

You think they would, yeah? Turns out they're only getting 9 at the Wollongong store, and the salesperson had no idea when they were actually getting them (no estimate). I'm going into Sydney tomorrow anyway so I'll pick one up then.

As for getting it from MS, it's not actually on their website. D:

Fusebox

Banned
83bJNQe.png

Fun times. I'm just about to go to the gym.

Shit, you win. It was only 42 out my way yesterday.

Fredescu

It was beautiful when the southerly came in and everything dropped by 20 degrees in a short time.

It was a hot day but can't complain about it too much when it ends abruptly like that. Pretty sure Adelaide had it much worse when they had days of 40s in a row. Was that last summer?

Fredescu

Ah, makes sense that this year is on track to be the hottest on record then.

Edit: 12 fucking days holy fuck, that's worse than I remembered.

Pretty sure Adelaide had it much worse because it's Adelaide

I concur. League of Assassins doing God's work. Burn it to the ground and start again.

I watched one JJ ep (Kryten Ritter was in Gilmore Girls so it's mandatory for ausgaf to watch). It's pretty good TV even though I have no investment in any comics. I still think Agent Carter is my fave Marvel TV show.

I think I'll watch it one ep a day rather than trying to do it all in one weekend. Daredevil had the advantage of coming out when there weren't so many new games.

jambo

It was a hot day but can't complain about it too much when it ends abruptly like that. Pretty sure Adelaide had it much worse when they had days of 40s in a row. Was that last summer?

Adelaide, South Australia

January 2014

13 - 42.1 °C
14 - 45.1 °C
15 - 43.7 °C
16 - 44.2 °C
17 - 42.7 °C

Adelaide, South Australia suffered the brunt of the summer heat wave, recording 13 days with temperatures above 40°C.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_2014_southeastern_Australia_heat_wave

dity

Ended up sleeping in thanks to the weather changing. Guess I'm going into Sydney tomorrow.

Thank god it's not hot anymore.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
dumb question: I buy US games on PS4 with amazon codes. Can I do the same thing with the Xbox One? Do I need a special US account, or will the Amazon codes just work?

edit: the answer is it works if you redeem via Xbox.com, for reference. :)

mandiller

If anyone is holding out for the Xbox One controller wireless dongle for Windows 10, it's out a jb hifi atm. I thought it wasn't meant to be out till mid next week, but it's in store shelves in Brisbane at least.

Deeku

whats an erza?

Erza Scarlet (エルザ・スカーレット Eruza Sukāretto) is an S-Class Mage of the Fairy Tail Guild,[5] wherein she is a member of Team Natsu. She also served as the guild's 7th Guild Master during Makarov's absence in X792.[6]

oh, that checks out lol

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Hobart has a perfectly good arrivals terminal you could use.

Weather refugees welcome.
Yeah no. I don't wanna sprout a second head.
Yeah that was a real piece of shit

"A record high minimum temperature was recorded at around midnight on 29 January, when the temperature dropped to only 33.9 °C at the Bureau of Meteorology weather station in Kent Town, near the Adelaide city centre."

Ugh. Don't remind me. It's even hotter in the barossa than the city most of the time ;__;

N0VAM0D

Ended up sleeping in thanks to the weather changing. Guess I'm going into Sydney tomorrow.

Thank god it's not hot anymore.

I caught the train to Sydney today (yesterday? it's 4:30 AM so whatever), and I had to be there by 9:30 AM. So, I woke up at around 6 and the weather seemed really nice and sort of warm, so I dressed for it because I figured with the weather being so hot the previous day that I'd be fine. I was so wrong. As the day went on, it became so cold and overcast. I spent most of the train trip there and back shivering and it was awful

don't make the same mistake I did

dity

I caught the train to Sydney today (yesterday? it's 4:30 AM so whatever), and I had to be there by 9:30 AM. So, I woke up at around 6 and the weather seemed really nice and sort of warm, so I dressed for it because I figured with the weather being so hot the previous day that I'd be fine. I was so wrong. As the day went on, it became so cold and overcast. I spent most of the train trip there and back shivering and it was awful

don't make the same mistake I did

It's 6am and I am still awake reading comic books and listening to music. >.> MAYBE I'll go today, since I have a car and all.

I would have totally dressed for a hot day on Saturday so I would have been freezing too. Not great weather for going to LokLok at Circular Key or walking to Kinokuniya and JB HiFi. I really wanna go today.

The emotional rollercoaster ride of Battlefront

1st hour: Oh this is so cool.
2nd Hour: what happened there?
3rd hour: Seriously?
4th hour: Have I played this enough for $60 worth? Damn, not yet

in short: it's Lara Bingle in videogame form.

N0VAM0D

It's 6am and I am still awake reading comic books and listening to music. >.> MAYBE I'll go today, since I have a car and all.

I would have totally dressed for a hot day on Saturday so I would have been freezing too. Not great weather for going to LokLok at Circular Key or walking to Kinokuniya and JB HiFi. I really wanna go today.

holyyyy shiiiiiit, good luck!

Mm, the weather isn't too nice but it's super hard to pass up some Kinokuniya. Whenever I go to Kinokuniya I always go to the sushi train one level underneath it and have a really good feast. It's so cheap, but probably the best sushi I've had that wasn't at a hatted Japanese restaurant.

I just realised I won't be going to Sydney weekly anymore really soon and it makes me both happy and sad. I have my last class on the 1st of December so I won't really have any reason for going except to look at cool things that Newcastle doesn't have. Though, I won't have to put up with that train trip twice a week anymore. Hm.

dity

holyyyy shiiiiiit, good luck!

Mm, the weather isn't too nice but it's super hard to pass up some Kinokuniya. Whenever I go to Kinokuniya I always go to the sushi train one level underneath it and have a really good feast. It's so cheap, but probably the best sushi I've had that wasn't at a hatted Japanese restaurant.

I just realised I won't be going to Sydney weekly anymore really soon and it makes me both happy and sad. I have my last class on the 1st of December so I won't really have any reason for going except to look at cool things that Newcastle doesn't have. Though, I won't have to put up with that train trip twice a week anymore. Hm.

OMG I am here in Sydney about to go home. Partner and I managed to come into the city today despite waling up at 12pm. Left at 1, and still managed to do everything I wanted to.

Hit JB HIFI and got the adapter, the new Animal Crossing game on Wii U, all the Animal Crossing amiibo, another season of DBZ, and some books from Kinokuniya.

I think we're going to go up every other week or so now. The food and atmosphere is just too good. Always gotta go to the British Lolly Shop on the harbour.

And now it's time to head home!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
How's the capsule hotels? Nice and cozy?

I'm enjoying. The one I have stayed the most in is more like a hostel, tourist friendly, shared kitchen, bathrooms etc.

Basically a backpackers but you have a capsule for your bed.

Then I stayed at one that was in the red light district, and was also a bath house. Oh boy. Interesting.

But overall, enjoying them. Prefer it to 8+ bed dorm rooms in backpackers!

And oddly enough, everyone seems to keep to theirselves. Sitting in the kitchen, 10 people in there. Everyon minding their own business except the French guy who want to talk to everyone. Shut up frnehcie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom