• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

With a new cinema opening locally here I decided to look around at prices. Surprising I see this Event cinema is charging double (19$ for a adult at 2D Star Wars versus $9.50 for other locations - and theres non Event cinemas as low as $8.50). Have to wonder how people will accept that. Even if it is a Atmos cinema.

Where are there any movie tickets under $10 these days? I thought everyone was at least 12-13 currently.

Who's attending radgaf. Final list go.

Not me, got a big night in with the mrs on the couch, but have fun guys :)

welcomeback driverofmega

Makes you closer. Believe it takes 3 bans ;)

Thanks dudes.

Was anyone on Yatango like me? I'm getting fucked over pretty hard by Yomojo (who bought out Yatango). Can't login to my dashboard despite the fact supposedly they moved over all Yatango customers to their db. Except I get "Client not found" anytime I try to log in. Their customer service is dogshit too.

Might just go with someone else.

Quasar

Where are there any movie tickets under $10 these days? I thought everyone was at least 12-13 currently.

Well I'm in Newcastle. Looking over the Event Cinemas app it does seem the existing cinemas are outliers. Most seem to range from 15-21 for a 2D adult ticket, so this new cinema with its 19$ tickets seem more in line with the average. Guess I should make more use of these sub 10$ tickets whilst I can.

You guys are disparaging Coopers, who are still an independent, and (mostly) family owned brewery, but talking up James Squire, which is owned by Lion Nathan (and they're owned by Kirin, who are in turn owned by Mitsubishi)?

OK.

Rubixcuba

Banned
Well I'm in Newcastle. Looking over the Event Cinemas app it does seem the existing cinemas are outliers. Most seem to range from 15-21 for a 2D adult ticket, so this new cinema with its 19$ tickets seem more in lime with the average. Guess I should make more use of these sub 10$ tickets whilst I can.
Is that the new one at Kotara? $20 a ticket? They're mad. Reading Charlestown has $8.50 adult as a flat rate, with good seats screen size.

Quasar

Is that the new one at Kotara? $20 a ticket? They're mad. Reading Charlestown has $8.50 adult as a flat rate, with good seats screen size.

Yeah. Kotara. Now if it was a full Dolby Vision cinema I could myself justifying it, but not I don't think just for Atmos.

jambo

3gmbua9.jpg

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Cam changed my lock screen. I can't get rid of it. I hate him D:
But really I love it
Edit: the second part of this post was not made by me. Damn you sneaky marshy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom