• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

I can provide amnesty

rmt5Zu7h.jpg

I regret nothing

Axiom

I got myself an Xbox One as part of my early birthday present and not only does it saturate my bandwidth and slow everything else to a crawl, but the downloads aren't that fast to justify it.

Never had problems with the 360, PS3 or PS4 in this regard but I ended up having to put the One on its own throttled wi-fi network just to ensure anything else works while it's downloading.

I can't even find much information about other people having this problem, it's crazy.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Found a place in Melbourne already specifically West footscray. Moving in on the 2nd of January. I'm so excited this is finally happening just fuck!

I got myself an Xbox One as part of my early birthday present and not only does it saturate my bandwidth and slow everything else to a crawl, but the downloads aren't that fast to justify it.

Never had problems with the 360, PS3 or PS4 in this regard but I ended up having to put the One on its own throttled wi-fi network just to ensure anything else works while it's downloading.

I can't even find much information about other people having this problem, it's crazy.

are you by any chance on iinet, Internode, or an ISP with unmetered XBL?
if you go off-line while the games install from disc, that can help. If you can live with your downloads going towards your quite, you can try Google's DNS.

Axiom

if you go off-line while the games install from disc, that can help. If you can live with your downloads going towards your quite, you can try Google's DNS.
I'm on Telstra and using the Getflix dns/vpn for my usage. I might have to try Google and see how it goes. Thanks

Rizzi

Oh what. I'm with Internode and the download speeds are terrible.
Gonna try Google's DNS.

Gazunta

This year's office Secret Santa theme is USB gadgets.

...where the hell do I buy cool USB gadgets locally.

Why did I set the theme to being USB gadgets

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
So I was fine yesterday but today I'm in struggle town. At work. Someone please shoot me. I'm very irritable lol.

Kritz

Banned
I figure I'll cross post this dumb anecdote here too:

Today I received three voicemail messages on my phone from OfficeWorks regarding the nature of my occupation, and why on earth I requested them to print a bomb defusal manual.

I suspect I am now on a list.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Assumed that was a link to the office works website. Not a pdf of the manual.

Now I'm on a list again. Thanks kritz

Deeku

Had the most pleasant time renewing my driver's license today. Took less than 5 mins and everyone was super cheery, helpful and efficient. RTA's are supposed to be miserable but I guess things changed since like 5 years ago with what seems like a new consolidated thing. Was totes impressed!

you get back to hk on new years though? lol? i'm free on like the 28th - 30th right now, I think.
Yea, the prices worked out where if I stayed for new years I would have to pay triple...:/

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
victorian germs
Yeah I'm pretty sure I caught something off your dinosaur stickers bro.
Maybe if you didn't shove your hands down multiple people's pockets and pants you'd be ok =P

Also I had a sore throat today, really hoping it fucks off before tomorrow.
Well maybe if people didn't steal my phone I wouldn't have been reduced to hunting for it >:|

Has Nintendo's Canadian eShop clamped down on international credit cards lately? I can't seem to add funds to my account. I keep getting error code 026-7511 "This credit card cannot be used".

The scuttlebutt online seems to be that I'm either entering the numbers in wrong or the bank is rejecting the transaction for whatever reason. I've tried on multiple occasions and the same thing happens. It's odd because most of my 3DS stuff has been purchased digitally and the only issue I ever experienced was the US eShop's original clamping down on international credit cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom