• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredescu

You'd want to shoot bad guys with your right hand though, no? Seems like it would be quicker to drop your knife from your right and reach for your handgun. This way you can continue eating while dispensing justice.

5SbWXMd.jpg

$13 well spent.

Dryk

I think I'm officially sick of pretending that I haven't noticed that the people I hang out with at lunch don't actually like me. But I still don't really have any better options.

good to see seatbelts being worn

David Teoh: Untangling the start-up web of TPG’s reclusive billionaire and his family

Stumbled across this article about the secrecy of the founder of TPG and where his family's tentacles are headed. many fingers in many pies

I got there from a facebook ad for the Tom Ascott shoes originally and wanted to find out who they were

he had “borrowed a warehouse from a family friend” to create a fabulous showroom.

As one does.

Gazunta

Popped into the Adelaide St JB Hi Fi in Brisbane over lunch today. Say hi to John in the games section, he's awesome.

Got Dead Rising 2, Just Cause 2, Payday 2, Resistance / Resistance 2 double pack, Midnight Club LA and Fear 2 for $1 each. Got Driver San Francisco for $5 and Alien Isolation for $10 because what the heck.

...I might play Just Cause 2 for a bit.

Fusebox

Banned
Fucking n3DS battery, played some Ace Attorney on the way into work, forgot to put the 3DS on the charger at work and now it's dead for the trip home. Not even a full day on standby lol...

I switch cutlery hands when eating as well, but not in that 'american style' way. What hand I use the knife with is just determined by the position of the food (ie. I'll switch hands instead of rotating the plate).

Because of that I can never remember how to set a table.

quabba

Fucking n3DS battery, played some Ace Attorney on the way into work, forgot to put the 3DS on the charger at work and now it's dead for the trip home. Not even a full day on standby lol...

That's definitely not normal. I'll play mine,leave on standby and play on and off for a few days before it gets low battery.

RIP in penne that 25 year old fridge in my parent's garage. I'll remember with fondness all the soft drinks I stored in you. you kept them cool all these years. You replaced that late 70s model General Electric Americana which only lasted 11 years.

sniff.

or

"How the fuck do we store all this shit in just one fridge?"

It has risen from the dead. turned defrost dial thingy. champion!

Darren870

r1chard

Been wandering around Sydney this afternoon, rather randomly. Stumbled on The Nerd Cafe. Worth a look for gaming nerrrds. If I had a friend, I'd have stayed to play some games, but as it is, my coworkers all piked :-(

(We did spend the day touring the Rackspace Sydney DC :)

What is it with all the fucking smokers in Sydney??

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

Yep same as quabba for me, can sit there a few days without a charge.

yep definitely looking forward to playing it...oh 11gb patch. what. Anyway I'm a bit annoyed how there's no way to purchase the extra dlc without buying the extended edition regardless of how small of a scene it is.
Yeah that sucked, I would be happy to pay for a little extra considering how much I enjoyed the game!

makes sense if you're right handed, easier to eat with the right once you're done using the knife

unless you're eating a steak or a parma where you continuously need to use the knife, i don't see a reason why anyone (right handed) would want to keep on eating with the left

It wastes time switching, and unless you're not bilaterally symmetric your left hand is perfectly adequate for the grueling task of lifting something off a plate into your mouth.

senahorse

It wastes time switching, and unless you're not bilaterally symmetric your left hand is perfectly adequate for the grueling task of lifting something off a plate into your mouth.

Agreed, I am right handed and anything but ambidextrous and have no trouble using a fork in my left hand. People that switch are monsters!

Agreed, I am right handed and anything but ambidextrous and have no trouble using a fork in my left hand. People that switch are monsters!

I don't think it would be unreasonable to exterminate the lot of them.

In other news, 950XL going well. Toll delivered the package and left it on the back porch. I didn't give them permission, last time they made me book an appointment for the following day.

Shaneus

Popped into the Adelaide St JB Hi Fi in Brisbane over lunch today. Say hi to John in the games section, he's awesome.

Got Dead Rising 2, Just Cause 2, Payday 2, Resistance / Resistance 2 double pack, Midnight Club LA and Fear 2 for $1 each. Got Driver San Francisco for $5 and Alien Isolation for $10 because what the heck.

...I might play Just Cause 2 for a bit.
MCLA and Driver SF are some of the best driving games you'll play on 360. I'd say those, along with PGR4 are my favourites. MCLA surprisingly so (and also DSF).

Gazunta

MCLA and Driver SF are some of the best driving games you'll play on 360. I'd say those, along with PGR4 are my favourites. MCLA surprisingly so (and also DSF).

That's fantastic to hear, I love driving games, and I especially loved Driver
I even loved Driver 2, and gave it a glowing review, which I had to downgrade because nobody believed me that I actually liked it

Just such a shame that my 360 sounds like a Banshee that just stepped on a piece of LEGO.

Stackboy

Grats on your Xbone rep!

I'm off to see one of my favorite bands tomorrow night. Custard broke up in '99, right when I was able to start going to 18+ gigs. I never thought I would be able to see them live.

But in the last couple of years I have seen them 3 times, they have popped up to do special shows. Now they have recorded a new album (it's pretty good) and are touring again.

Hooray 90's alternate music world!!

Gazunta

What the FUCK Stack where are Custard playing?!?!? AAAAGH

Edit: I shouldn't be greedy, I saw them live all the time when I was a whippersnapper. >< #oldman

Stackboy

What the FUCK Stack where are Custard playing?!?!? AAAAGH

Edit: I shouldn't be greedy, I saw them live all the time when I was a whippersnapper. >< #oldman

Playing at the Triffid, it's all sold gaz, sorry.

Double post, deal with it, you're not the boss of me mum.

Shaneus

So, awesome things I forgot I had (or thought I'd lost) as I've been packing up to move:

* A SNES
* A Saturn (thought I sold them)
* All my old MD carts (wasn't sure what had happened, but didn't think they'd be all together)
* A neGcon
* An original, grey PS1(!)
* A pair of Dreamcast Samba de Amigo knockoff maracas.
* Saturn wheel, Dreamcast wheel, Dreamcast gun, Saturn 3D Pad (black)
* Saitek Megadrive joystick
* Oh, and my Megadrive 1 (which I thought had disappeared)
* MS Sidewinder 3D joystick (it's since been chucked, was worthless)
* Original box for an AdLib soundcard
* Original box AND card for Soundblaster Pro, complete with software disks.
* Heaps more, I think

PGR4 was awesome. I loved that game.
I still have the PGR(3) faceplate I got when I bought my 360 at launch. Shame it's only for the OG 360 and not the slim, and the USB flap has broken on it too (but I still have it). For ages I'd completely forgotten the 360 was white.

Shaneus

Sell me ya PSX!
Really? I'm not even sure what outputs are on it, TBH. And would it even be worth the shipping? I'd also figure they're not all that hard to find, either. (Note: I have no attachment to it, I just doubt it would be worth it)

On that note, when my VG stuff is setup in my new place I need to try the neGcon with the Wipeout games.

Gazunta

wip'Eout" with neGcon is fucking amazing no joke.

I think the original model PS1 had composite out and the plug for the video cables that PS2 / 3 used.

And Dr. Sbaitso is my secret best friend ><

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom