• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yrael

That storm seems insane. Any one have links to good pics/videos?

CWTiy16WUAEzV7S.jpg

https://twitter.com/EduRidden/status/676915220699357184

CWTl3u_XAAAl4DI.jpg

CWTo2itWsAUAxBl.jpg

https://twitter.com/JoshButler/status/676918650289446912

https://twitter.com/JoshButler/status/676921891739869184

There he is.

Friend in the US brews his own beer, wants to send me some. He has packaged 16 bottles for me, any idea what's the best/cheapest way to have them shipped, and any customs duties involved?

Why does everyone all of a sudden speak into their phones like that third person from the left? Bugs the shit out of me.

Friend in the US brews his own beer, wants to send me some. He has packaged 16 bottles for me, any idea what's the best/cheapest way to have them shipped, and any customs duties involved?
Depends on the size. I think technically you need to pay duty on any shipments, but there's probably a low chance of it being noticed/seized. Nothing I've had sent has ever been, but it's usually only a few bottles, not that many.

In the US, it's illegal to ship alcohol, and there's a chance it will be seized. People still frequently ship in and out of the US without issue, but there is that chance.

That said ... it's pretty heavy to ship and not likely to be cheap. I've had stuff shipped from all over (probably the furthest was Norway) and it's never ever cheap.

As for cheapest - I couldn't tell you who's cheap in the US, but Pack n Send in Australia were cheap when I had to ship some heavy stuff a few years back.

(Mostly non-answers all round!)

Why does everyone all of a sudden speak into their phones like that third person from the left? Bugs the shit out of me.

that law to sterilize dickheads didn't get through the senate in the early 90s?

see also: sunnies on the back of your neck and anything else I don't do.

/misanthropy

Thanks for the info, glad you got that beer PhD.

box is 29 lbs and 16.5*11*17 inches, or in non American measurements 13.15 kg and 40*28*43 cm

That's too big and too heavy, I'll ask my friend to find out about the shipping options, reduce the number of bottles and also make sure he does not get into trouble if shipping beer is illegal. Don't understand why it would be illegal.

Look at that smug bastard George Clooney just grinning at those poor people. What a bastard!

Hahaha wow that's a perfect billboard for the situation. At least if I was standing on that bus stop with an apocalyptic storm happening I'd take some small comfort in the fact that George is drinking shitty nescafe coffee.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

Also, people with the hands free earphones who put the mic part in the corner of their mouth and just hold it with their mouth as they talk.

Because more and more fuckers use their loudspeaker while they're on a call. Because the details of their inane shithole of a life are just that important that simply everyone must hear it. That's why.

Look up how to pronounce Manuka. And why it's pronounced that way.

Yeah if you pronounce it like the Kiwi's Ma-nuka (like nuka-cola from fallout) instead of Maa-na-ka locals are going to look at you funny. Annoys me much more than it should when cricket commentators get it wrong!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Because more and more fuckers use their loudspeaker while they're on a call. Because the details of their inane shithole of a life are just that important that simply everyone must hear it. That's why.

Let's be honest, it's usually in a language we can't understand. So at least we don't have to hear the boring shitty details.

Darren870

I'm guessing you never had Nextel phones here in AUS? Fucking hated them sooo much.

Before texting, they developed a phone that had free calls to other phones on their service. They were walkie talkie based so you would hear all the conversations. Meant for text like conversations, but was so annoying.

Hated those things.

The Giant

Banned
Bayonetta amiibo is up for preorder on ebgames website. Along with Ryu, Roy, Famicom R.O.B, Cloud and Corrin.

Wow, iinet just upgraded my monthly limit from 300 gb to 1 tb a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom