• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to know if it's a return to form or not for Star Wars. I was willing to forgive Phantom Menace a certain amount of bloat and Revenge of the Sith had great action scenes, but Attack of the Clones was straight up incoherent rubbish.

As it stands, I've never been able to go to the cinema and see a genuinely good Star Wars film.

I'm running on 2 hours of sleep today and I'm still on a high about the movie. Already planning on seeing it again on Sunday for my son's birthday. Pumped.

jambo

pwxfFYrh.jpg

That humidity

Edit: There's a choir singing in Rundle Mall are you kidding me. They have misting fans, but still.

I just want to know if it's a return to form or not for Star Wars. I was willing to forgive Phantom Menace a certain amount of bloat and Revenge of the Sith had great action scenes, but Attack of the Clones was straight up incoherent rubbish.

As it stands, I've never been able to go to the cinema and see a genuinely good Star Wars film.

It is. You will not be disappointed.

Ventron

Lupinball got greenlit yesterday!

I spent far too long studying up on tax treaties between US and Australia so I can fill out IRS forms for Valve correctly but it's all worth it.

Darren870

Oh man, I am not looking forward to going to South Australia in Jan with those temperatures.

Hope my car doesn't break down...!

Import copies but you can get the following games for $37 posted from Dungeon Crawl with DCXMAS25 coupon

FIFA16
COD BLOPS3
The Witcher 3
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Devil's Third
Fallout 4
Dragon Quest Heroes
Assassins Creed Syndicate

Star Wars:TFA was a great movie, girlfriend and I loved every second of it and was well worth getting up for the 3am IMAX screening this morning :D Planning on seeing it again with others soon. Also, back in Wollongong now, but staying in our hotel at Hyde Park at night and out and about all day the last few days, we didn't experience any wild weather at all around central Sydney. Weird...

Spoilers!

They are a
big deal

Yeah, that was a decent Star Wars movie.

yes, underplayed like
Ford

Star Wars:TFA was a great movie,

yes.

It is. You will not be disappointed.

man speaks the truth

I'm running on 2 hours of sleep today and I'm still on a high about the movie. Already planning on seeing it again on Sunday for my son's birthday. Pumped.

yeah, I see mee seeing at least once or twice more in the cinema

until now.
It's pretty good. The worst bit is that you might feel some characters don't get enough screen time. The good news is that they are making more and in two years there will be episode 8, with Rogue one next year (though it's technically a prequel to episode 4)

It's also got a wicked sense of humour.

you're cold?!

Yep '97 were the special editions. Our cinema did the trilogy last year for May the 4th also. So I've been able to see the original movies in the cinema twice each.

I saw Return in it's original theatre run, but I was too young to remember anything more than walking into the theatre with my dad.

at risk of being lynched by 20 somethings who post "I feel so old" on their 21st birthday...

I apparently saw original Star Wars (before it was episode IV) at the cinema at a cinema called The Paris which is above what is now The Myer Centre (right across from the Albert, which is now where the JB hifi is. I was too young to remember, but I remember going (I think my earliest cinema memories are of seeing close encounters and Superman). I did get to see Star Wars on its first special edition re-release, which had all of 3 extra seconds and the Ep IV caption added for the first time. I got to see the original version of Empire not three times at the cinema (the last time was on a double bill with 9 to 5, of all things). But Jedi, which was always shit, only once.

Years later, I only saw Eps IV and V as special editions and skipped jedi. The writing was on the wall so anyone who was surprised TPM turned out the way it did was delusional.

That means i've seen Empire on the big screen a total of four times, SW 3 times, RotS twice. I haven't seen to many films twice at the cinema so it's only Tron, Batman Begins and AoU. Yes, I am a huge Star Wars fan, but I've never entered the now defunct EU apart from some games things I worked on. And it looks like I get to do more of those next year (not for EA though).

If get a new Star Wars film (decent to brilliant) every year for at least the next 6-10 years, I shall die happy.

tl;dr I like Star Wars

senahorse

New star wars was great JJ did what Lucas couldn't anymore, very happy :)

I also saw ROTJ in the first cinema run as a 7 year old in Brisbane city.

Soundwave has officially been cancelled for 2016. Fuck you AJ you mismanaging twat.

I'm pretty pissed off. No one bought tickets? Well no surprise, the final line up wasn't even announced. That's what I was waiting for anyway. I can't believe he hadn't even booked a venue though, that's just ridiculous.

I hope you hadn't bought tickets :(

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I probably watched the first Star Wars movie when I was younger, but the first time I remember seeing them was the Special Editions in 1997. I saw them at the cinema with my sister and my parents got me the VHS boxset for Christmas.

Did Australia have Tazos like the UK did? I managed to get the complete collection of all of the Star Wars ones.

And I may have just read a massive spoiler for The Force Awakens on Steam's community page for Xcom 2.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I'm pretty pissed off. No one bought tickets? Well no surprise, the final line up wasn't even announced. That's what I was waiting for anyway. I can't believe he hadn't even booked a venue though, that's just ridiculous.

I hope you hadn't bought tickets :(

Nah I had been holding out. Did buy flights to Melbourne though. Who wants to drink with me on Australia day :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom