• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been awhile since I ordered, but what's PCCG's express post times like? eParcel or Startrack? I assume if I order tonight I can expect it Monday.
Delivery is great. I walk in, pick up the thing, play their free Street Fighter 2 machine a bit, and leave.

Well, that's my first brew of beer in the barrel fermenter.
OvfBB2DpCoBKJECRp5BOSLmRIUhdt-Hs8ngjXK5xKqDo81w5cxwPVZoqqhti_L90fMj1bwGFfPuIF3HOV1tZWhvaYp_PQgS3OlQt0zMvyYLAPcvzgInwRHaF4k0gvLMcWMPUVw_V6f54lolNW0RC05ZnxneVo542pnG48H_3iyG1_9o_dQ86KvVP2ARjIY0SGeJmG6rLOyfHKlMLcjvMfBG_=w400-h298-nc

The pixelation on that animated gif makes it all the better.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Last time I ordered from them it was reasonably quick. They used eParcel though.
Ordered on a Thursday and it showed up on a Monday.

Delivery is great. I walk in, pick up the thing, play their free Street Fighter 2 machine a bit, and leave.

Cool, cheers. A part of me was hoping for some courier magic where I could order tonight and they'd get it out to me tomorrow, but fuck that. I'll just wait until next week.

I'd be happy to drop in to any one of these PC retailers but all the fuckers are South East, and I'm not trekking out that far. Not when I'm predominantly North.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Oh Beer Deluxe drinks.

Yeah sure I'm down.

Google DNS/VPN leak test! Just means that not all requests for your data will say you are in a different country, some will show your AU IP or the IP of your internet provider. Obviously more important in regards to VPN than DNS of course.

Is tearaway SE, the PS4 edition that comes with a plushie available for sale from any retailer in Australia?

$29 at Target, that's where I got mine.

I need to send some documents overseas (Korea to be specific), what's the best way to go about it?

They want them asap but I don't know if I can subdue my inner miser to do so. DHL quote came out as $60 0_o
Is auspost ok?

I need to send some documents overseas (Korea to be specific), what's the best way to go about it?

They want them asap but I don't know if I can subdue my inner miser to do so. DHL quote came out as $60 0_o
Is auspost ok?

Depending on how quick you want it, Austpost has a few options. I wouldn't go for the standard mail option but there should be something under $15 (depending on how many pages of documents- if its a few A4 sheets, but if it's a 500 page thesis on K Pop, you migt have to distract that inner miser with screenshots of Ozbargain).

Stackboy

What is everyone doing for Aus day? I'll be floating around in a mates pool, lamenting how terrible jjj is these days
I'm too old to care about this stuff, I know

No one is in the office today and the same goes for Monday. Except for me. I'm the smart one who took this Wednesday off instead. Weekend in the middle of the week!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
What is everyone doing for Aus day? I'll be floating around in a mates pool, lamenting how terrible jjj is these days
I'm too old to care about this stuff, I know

No one is in the office today and the same goes for Monday. Except for me. I'm the smart one who took this Wednesday off instead. Weekend in the middle of the week!

Even if it's all terrible. This song will win, so it's OK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRK7PVJFbS8

senahorse

Google DNS/VPN leak test! Just means that not all requests for your data will say you are in a different country, some will show your AU IP or the IP of your internet provider. Obviously more important in regards to VPN than DNS of course.

$29 at Target, that's where I got mine.

Pretty sure this is by design with getflix. They run a reverse proxy for Netflix, hulu etc requests to give you the overseas address, and all standard DNS requests (to say neogaf) get forwarded to other DNS servers.

Pretty sure this is by design with getflix. They run a reverse proxy for Netflix, hulu etc requests to give you the overseas address, and all standard DNS requests (to say neogaf) get forwarded to other DNS servers.
It is, and they specifically point it out on their "How it works" page.

Most DNS look ups you make we simply forward on to another DNS server. However, for DNS requests to certain servers (such as www.netflix.com), we return the IP address of our US server.

Yeah I wish they'd expand it to Youtube as well somehow :(

Same with PSN/XBL, that way you could use storefronts from other countries on the webpages too!

That feeling where you live near a member of AusGaf and you probably grocery shop at the same place and you would never know.

PCCG ordered some stuff last Saturday. Auspost express. Shipping email Monday, arrived in Macleod Tues.

senahorse

Yeah I wish they'd expand it to Youtube as well somehow :(

Same with PSN/XBL, that way you could use storefronts from other countries on the webpages too!

That's what Hola (insert other free service here) is for :) But that's no good for the standalone apps, can use VPN but it's a bit too much effort for your standard YT video when you're lying in bed :)

Darren870

Going to Tennis on Australia day. Went last year too on Australia day, so its like a tradition!

Might get some drinks with whomever is still out. See how it goes though.

Went through some pictures on the gopro, watched the video but need to cut it up a bit. I like this one though:

There's a "Sony Devices" option in their app. I use it to switch regions for my Sony TV, so I can get Australian ondemand (SBS, etc) or US services.

Given that a shot?

Oh wow I'll have to see if there is an option for the webstore for that. You can manually change region on PS4 by having different accounts but I'd prefer to do it through the webstore as it would be much much quicker.

That's what Hola (insert other free service here) is for :) But that's no good for the standalone apps, can use VPN but it's a bit too much effort for your standard YT video when you're lying in bed :)

Hola never seemed to work for me, not sure why. I tried using it a lot until Mediahint came along and then once that stopped working I usually have to go the VPN route but the speeds are sooooo terrible for me due to my speed already being terrible lol

jambo

It just got really dark in the city, then the rain started pouring down and these amazing thunderclaps started ringing out.

Omikron

Updating
So Mr Tiddums and I will be in Melbourne for Australia day. Landing on the 25th and leaving on the 28th. If anyone wants to hang for a drink or whatever, we're keen.

Date:
TBC
26th of January probably

Time:
1300 or so

Where:
Beer Deluxe

Who:
Lucian Cat
Tiddums
Pirateking
Holycheck (for a bit)
Cruncho
Marshmallow

Maybe:
Laf?
BananaArnie (if he doesn't think this list is shithouse >:|)
Maybe

Darren870

Anyone know any good productivity apps or some shit? Something that keeps you motivated/productive?

I've completely lost motivation in the past few months and I don't know why. Need to get back on track with things.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Ffff. Well at least you saved me having to go look for my post on mobile.
imma delete my friend request soon if you don't accept fyi >:|

Updating
So Mr Tiddums and I will be in Melbourne for Australia day. Landing on the 25th and leaving on the 28th. If anyone wants to hang for a drink or whatever, we're keen.

Date:
TBC
26th of January probably

Time:
1300 or so

Where:
Beer Deluxe

Who:
Lucian Cat
Tiddums
Pirateking
Holycheck (for a bit)
Cruncho
Marshmallow
Eat Children

Maybe:
Laf?
BananaArnie (if he doesn't think this list is shithouse >:|)
Omikron
Darren870

And maybe something on the 27th evening with Darren870.

senahorse

Anyone know any good productivity apps or some shit? Something that keeps you motivated/productive?

I've completely lost motivation in the past few months and I don't know why. Need to get back on track with things.

If you find a good one let me know, the IT sector fatigue is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom