• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Hmm.. maybe!!!
Maybe this'll be my one anti-social ausgaf post per year also!
:eek: I'll add you to the list of maybes
Edit: omg why top of the page again...
Oh well might as well utilise it

Updating
So Mr Tiddums and I will be in Melbourne for Australia day. Landing on the 25th and leaving on the 28th. If anyone wants to hang for a drink or whatever, we're keen.

Date:
TBC
26th of January probably

Time:
1300 or so

Where:
Beer Deluxe

Who:
Lucian Cat
Tiddums
Pirateking
Holycheck (for a bit)
Cruncho
Marshmallow
Eat Children

Maybe:
Laf?
BananaArnie (if he doesn't think this list is shithouse >:|)
Omikron
Darren870
Ignignort

And maybe something on the 27th evening with Darren870.

Hateful 8 was really, really very good. But don't get a large drink if you have a tiny bladder, there's no intermission on the version I saw.

Sooooo violent, just so you know.

Also, I added Keanu to the list of films I'm looking forward to most in 2016.

Tizoc

Google DNS/VPN leak test! Just means that not all requests for your data will say you are in a different country, some will show your AU IP or the IP of your internet provider. Obviously more important in regards to VPN than DNS of course.

$29 at Target, that's where I got mine.

Thanks. Seems they're not selling it through their online website though, which is how I want to order it :X

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Astor had an intermission thank FUCK. I reckon at least half the audience left to piss.

Hateful 8 was really, really very good. But don't get a large drink if you have a tiny bladder, there's no intermission on the version I saw.

Sooooo violent, just so you know.

Also, I added Keanu to the list of films I'm looking forward to most in 2016.

Yeah no intermission at when I saw it Thursday night. I really enjoyed it but I thought, like his last few movies, there could have been parts completely cut out.

Same here, no intermission on Thursday, was at a regular cinema though. I'm used to long Tarantino movies though so I didn't bring in a drink, was dry as fuck by the end lol

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Yeah, I'm happy they make their portions smaller because it means they'll sell it cheaper. Amirite.

I love how they always frame it as making their sugar, fat, salt laden foods somehow healthier, when everyone knows they just need to make more profits.

industrian

I love how they always frame it as making their sugar, fat, salt laden foods somehow healthier, when everyone knows they just need to make more profits.

The extreme pessimist in me considers a more frightening thought wherein if you cut through all the spin entirely, you'll see that it's a logistical problem in sourcing sufficient quality ingredients.

Basically there's too many people in the world and not enough food available on the market. This limited food market is being stretched to cover greater demands for growing populations. So you either use lower-grade ingredients or a smaller quantity of normal-grade ones. And unless the government changes laws to make lower-grade ingredients "safe for humans" then it kind of narrows down their choices (I imagine that the meat you find in today's microwavable meals was only considered for pet food 15-20 years ago).

Or maybe I'm just overreacting about my fears for food safety/security in the next 10-20 years.

Yeah, I'm happy they make their portions smaller because it means they'll sell it cheaper. Amirite.

Now-Comes-The-Part-Where-We-Throw-Our-Heads-Back-In-Laughter-In-George-Of-The-Jungle.gif

I want an AUS copy of Steins;Gate on Vita but the price is not budging :(

JB and Beatthebomb both have it a little under $60, but UK copies and even on PSN regularly go on sale for sub $30 which makes it too hard to pay that much :\

Gamesmen ran out of stock a couple weeks ago so I'm worried it'll be the same at the other places as well.

Decisions, decisions....

I want an AUS copy of Steins;Gate on Vita but the price is not budging :(

JB and Beatthebomb both have it a little under $60, but UK copies and even on PSN regularly go on sale for sub $30 which makes it too hard to pay that much :\

Gamesmen ran out of stock a couple weeks ago so I'm worried it'll be the same at the other places as well.

Decisions, decisions....
You can use UK editions on an Aus Vita.

Depending on how quick you want it, Austpost has a few options. I wouldn't go for the standard mail option but there should be something under $15 (depending on how many pages of documents- if its a few A4 sheets, but if it's a 500 page thesis on K Pop, you migt have to distract that inner miser with screenshots of Ozbargain).

thanks chief
yeah just a few a4 sheets they don't deserve my kpop thesis

Dimefan3

Managed to go to Cancon today in Canberra, which is apparently Australia's largest Tabletop, Card and Board Game convention.

They weren't kidding - I had no idea so many people were into Tabletop. And not just Warhammer 40k either - there were a heap of other awesome looking RPG's, and a massive line for the secondhand room.

Although I'm dabbling in MTG at the moment, I'm awfully tempted to take up either D&D or 40k, just for the sake of getting out and meeting some like-minded people in a new city. Any tips on which one is more enjoyable?

r1chard

Managed to go to Cancon today in Canberra, which is apparently Australia's largest Tabletop, Card and Board Game convention.

They weren't kidding - I had no idea so many people were into Tabletop. And not just Warhammer 40k either - there were a heap of other awesome looking RPG's, and a massive line for the secondhand room.

Although I'm dabbling in MTG at the moment, I'm awfully tempted to take up either D&D or 40k, just for the sake of getting out and meeting some like-minded people in a new city. Any tips on which one is more enjoyable?
Just a reminder: I'm not a Canberra native myself, but wish I was since my friend just opened a boardgame cafe there.

This will be my last plug of her establishment until I actually go there :)

So MelbGAF played D&D yesterday and it was much fun. We need that extra player (or two) tho so we have a more complete party and don't get our asses handed to us when Arnie goes off wandering by himself :)

Well, didn't help that I rolled a 6 for my character's Constitution :/

Dryk

I know of 4 Australia Day parties across my friendship groups and the only one I'm actually invited to is in Melbourne. Worst year ever.

industrian

I just got back from Canberra.

Building a special capital city when you've got a place like Sydney was a waste of taxpayers money, but as wasted money goes you at least got a good deal. There were lots of things to see and do, but I imagine it'd get very boring very quickly if you actually lived there.

That and the amount of kangaroos both in the city and on the outskirts is insane. I saw a few fields practically full of them. And unfortunately a lot of dead ones on the side of the road. :/

Rlan

Sad to be missing Australia Day parties since I now live in New Zealand. WIll be trying to listen to the Triple J Hottest 100 while at work.

I will however be going to the Rugby 7s in Wellington with some Brisbane mates dressed in this the weekend after:

australian-traxedo-1-LOGO-update-510x652.jpg

I'm in a doctor's waiting room, they have a 'Medical Channel' thing on TV. It had a question, "Who discovered Australia?" They gave "James Cook" as the right answer.

Jintor

I'm in a doctor's waiting room, they have a 'Medical Channel' thing on TV. It had a question, "Who discovered Australia?" They gave "James Cook" as the right answer.

Straya

if i recall correctly, from the west, the Dutch did it first. Probably indonesian/pacific islanders found it as well; think there was a bit of trade up there via canoes, though i don't recall the specifics.

of course Indigenous peeps found it before all of them. I guess they didn't call it Australia though.

:eek: I'll add you to the list of maybes
Edit: omg why top of the page again...
Oh well might as well utilise it

Updating
So Mr Tiddums and I will be in Melbourne for Australia day. Landing on the 25th and leaving on the 28th. If anyone wants to hang for a drink or whatever, we're keen.

Date:
TBC
26th of January probably

Time:
1300 or so

Where:
Beer Deluxe

Who:
Lucian Cat
Tiddums
Pirateking
Holycheck (for a bit)
Cruncho
Marshmallow
Eat Children

Maybe:
Laf?
BananaArnie (if he doesn't think this list is shithouse >:|)
Omikron
Darren870
Ignignort

And maybe something on the 27th evening with Darren870.

Beer DeLuxe is booked for 1pm on Australia Day for 10 people.

Reservation is under "Adam".

Look for the biggest cunt on campus if you're having trouble finding me.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Oh God you made a booking.

Ughh. Lucian, cruncho, marsh ignore my sms.

Expensive beers it is!

Or don't because.. cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom