• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

that nintendo thread giving me an aneurysm, people still like 'ugh nintendo just selling kid games' what year is it? what yeaaaarrrr

Cerity

gah, this hot spell in brisbane has to be one of the worst in a few years. Humidity out the ass with no appreciable storms.

Fredescu

I kinda wish Nintendo made kids games, because most actual kids games are shit.

My son loves watching me play Splatoon though. I'm level 17 without really ever playing under my own steam.

So I got laid off today. I finish at the end of the month(ish). How was everyone else's day?

Sorry to hear that. Hope you're doing ok. What's the job market like at the moment for your line of work?

Mr. Tone

Sorry to hear that. Hope you're doing ok. What's the job market like at the moment for your line of work?

I'm holding together alright, though this weather is not helping. It's a niche business, on the decline all over. So not great. I may end up in a completely different industry, maybe even something where I use my degree.

Quasar

Did this last night (register on Apple bit) do they just send the part with country specific plugs or a whole charger? The picture just showed the country part separate.

Just the plug I think.

Also for some reason it turned out my 2008 macbook wasnt eligible. Dunno why.

r1chard

Just the plug I think.

Also for some reason it turned out my 2008 macbook wasnt eligible. Dunno why.

It's *just* the short Aussie adapter. The replacements have insulation at the top of the metal pegs, like the longer cords have.

I replaced an ancient iPhone charger adapter and 2010 and 2013 Mac ones. The store guy didn't even care what power brick they were from, he just said "how many" I said "3" we swapped and I was out of there in 15 seconds tops.

Did this last night (register on Apple bit) do they just send the part with country specific plugs or a whole charger? The picture just showed the country part separate.

it's literally the detachable adaptor bit that goes into the socket, rather than the actual charger (which partly explains why its not UK plugs, but it is Euro, US and Au plugs). You can even just put a standard figure 8 plug in the end and use that. The recall also doesn't affect the second, longer cable that comes with laptops.

Apple-Recall-Apple-iPhone-Charger-Recall-Apple-iPhone-Charger-Voluntary-Recall-Now-Apple-Store-Exchange-Swap-iPhone-Charger-Appl-450861.jpg

quabba

it's literally the detachable adaptor bit that goes into the socket, rather than the actual charger (which partly explains why its not UK plugs, but it is Euro, US and Au plugs). You can even just put a standard figure 8 plug in the end and use that. The recall also doesn't affect the second, longer cable that comes with laptops.

Apple-Recall-Apple-iPhone-Charger-Recall-Apple-iPhone-Charger-Voluntary-Recall-Now-Apple-Store-Exchange-Swap-iPhone-Charger-Appl-450861.jpg

Oh I didn't know you could use a figure 8 cable, that might be handy when I need a longer charger cable

I'm fostering a kitten. There's this one and its sister, similar markings but black and white. The black and white doesn't stay still damn it. They're 6 weeks old and only about 400 grams, they should be closer to 550 grams or so at this stage. They're cute as and they got along with my 1year old bunny :)

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I'm fostering a kitten. There's this one and its sister, similar markings but black and white. The black and white doesn't stay still damn it. They're 6 weeks old and only about 400 grams, they should be closer to 550 grams or so at this stage. They're cute as and they got along with my 1year old bunny :)

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh so fwuffy :D

OfficerZap

Neo Member
Anyone know if Digimon is getting an AU release? Can't find a date anywhere, EB has no physical, and the PS store doesn't show a preorder.

....I'm scared.

Yay, my cat- friendly rental place was approved. 2 bed, townhouse just 20 minutes bike ride from work, which in Cambridge translates to a 1 hour drive. Only a few years old so it looks pretty Schmick apart from a few settling cracks. And the chalk body outlines but I'm assured that that's just kids!having a laugh at Halloween. Not sure about the goat blood on the wall but when you have a pet, you have to make compromises.i still have to meet the landlord for some reason, even though I found the place through an agency. Apparently, it's not without precedence.

Shaneus

Yay, my cat- friendly rental place was approved. 2 bed, townhouse just 20 minutes bike ride from work, which in Cambridge translates to a 1 hour drive. Only a few years old so it looks pretty Schmick apart from a few settling cracks. And the chalk body outlines but I'm assured that that's just kids!having a laugh at Halloween. Not sure about the goat blood on the wall but when you have a pet, you have to make compromises.i still have to meet the landlord for some reason, even though I found the place through an agency. Apparently, it's not without precedence.
KlRggPvl.jpg

Anyone know if Digimon is getting an AU release? Can't find a date anywhere, EB has no physical, and the PS store doesn't show a preorder.

....I'm scared.
Digital only on Vita, retail on PS4 was previously confirmed for AU region agessssssssss ago. Hopefully it hasn't changed.

First day of Prep for my son today. Fucking nervous for him but he was great.

Monday was our first day, went so well! He was so happy when he came home. Finally among his people again. He even went straight to sleep only 2 pages into our usual book :)

Gazunta

No, fuck the three people who work at EB Games that determine what games get a physical release in all of Australia and New Zealand.

Literally three people. One per console platform.

senahorse

That will be a moment you won't forget, I'm sure.

Anyone getting into Xcom 2 on Friday? Reviews have been glowing.

One my most anticipated games this year (I got a steam controller for it :)) but for now I am deep in the witness so will probably hold off for a few weeks.

I feel really inattentive and restless which makes me consider for a second I have adhd but I wasn't like this as a kid and I don't have many other symptoms of adhd but how do I learn to fix this and focus at work but ahhhh

Shaneus

I feel really inattentive and restless which makes me consider for a second I have adhd but I wasn't like this as a kid and I don't have many other symptoms of adhd but how do I learn to fix this and focus at work but ahhhh
Happy to have a chat to you about it via PMs if you like :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom