• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what's better than video games?

Reading.

On track to do 35 books this year!

Making me feel bad man, I have a towering stack on books to read through right next to my desk that I placed in a half-assed attempt to bait my future self away from the PC to read.

I have read one thus far.

Jintor

My goal is 30 books but I've been stuck on The Name of the Rose for like three weeks now. Not that it's boring... just... spending a lot of time doing other stuff.

legend166

I get a lot of reading time because I have an hour train commute each way. But I actually enjoy it because I can read.

I'm currently about a third of way through 'Company Commander', which is proving to be an incredibly gripping memoir of a Captain in the US Army during WWII. All my WWII reading to this point has been big picture stuff so it's a nice change of pace to read something by someone who actually lived it. Highly recommended if you have any interest in WWII or loved Band of Brothers.

Other than that my reading basically falls into the categories of Christian theology, history (was mainly focused on the World Wars but I'm branching out a bit more now. Read a great book on Napoleon's failed invasion of Russia and now have one from the same author about the revolutions of the 19th century. His argument seems to be that as the enlightenment pushed religious fervency out of the public square it was replaced by nationalistic fervency resulting in the mass amount of revolutions during that period), spy novels (Alan Furst is the best) and Brandon Sanderson and similar fantasy.

So yes, the nerd distinction is probably accurate.

Jintor

yeah if i had a commute i'd get more reading done... maybe. Language flashcards would probably take up that time, actually...

Or bats realised they were more alike than he thought when his parents mean everything to him. You know, like a human.

I'm not against the idea of it, but to make such a sudden and momentous change in two characters relationship it has to be earned, you can't be traveling 100mph in one direction and then suddenly hit reverse and not have people wondering what the hell just happened!

Can't wait for a gritty Batfleck movie either.

Dryk

yeah if i had a commute i'd get more reading done... maybe. Language flashcards would probably take up that time, actually...
I just end up playing my 3DS on my commute. I need to get back to reading Rules of Play but it's so dense I have trouble getting through more than a few pages at a time.

Batfleck movie will be great. As long as Zack Snyder stays the fuck away. Affleck to write, direct and star please.

That's the feeling I had when he was first cast as Batman. I haven't seen BvS and probably will only see it at a free cinema night through work. But the Batman solo flick could be great if it distances itself away from the Snyder-verse enough.

r1chard

Cathedral Ranges camping trip successful. Thanks everyone for the advice :)
xmEffUq.jpg

I hope you bought a Vita

you forgot your affiliate link :p I'm commuting on public transport for the first time ever (at least until I can get a car) do a Vita sounds useful but if I get too engrossed in a kindle book or my phone, Ican (and have missed my stop). So no Vita for me.

I'm pretty stoked for Quantum Break next week so I've been looking for the cheapest UK place since this is the first game I'll have bought since moving here. £40 at amazon delivered since I got Prime (around AUD $79). What are AU prices like (just to rub salt into the wound)?

also, what cunt designed UK keyboard layouts? Sir Cunting Cunt-Cuntbridge of Cuntinghamshire (of the Cuntberry Cunts).

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
How do we be miitomo friends without being fb friends?

Should we make throw away twitters and create an ausgaf circle of friends?

Cathedral Ranges camping trip successful. Thanks everyone for the advice :)

That pic looks so relaxing, it's getting colder now and that's when I get the camping itch every year. I don't know what it is with me but I always get keen in Autumn for the outdoors. Too right on not missing the Internet or devices when camping, one of the best holidays to take in that respect.

Quasar

What? Seemed to be working fine for me yesterday.

It hasn't worked for me for maybe a month. But its turned out that I'm pretty fine with the local catalog. In fact it seems like there's more newer movies here. Though I imagine its weaker on the TV side, but generally I mostly used netflix for movies and a little bit of documentaries.

dity

My internet has been absolutely dead for the last few days. Been ripping through my mobile data trying to do anything.

Same, didn't feel like Doom at all. Stop trying to be Halo, you're cooler than that!

Everyone was running around with rocket launchers.

those are weak as piss unless you get a body shot even then its about two rockets , shotgun and lighting gun seem to do quite well , its refreshing as far as shooters go on console this and R6

whats everyone else like play online console or other wise besides COD ? :)

but yea i cant see any big franchise being like it used to be more refined sure but less like its former counter part

those are weak as piss unless you get a body shot even then its about two rockets , shotgun and lighting gun seem to do quite well , its refreshing as far as shooters go on console this and R6

whats everyone else like play online console or other wise besides COD ? :)

but yea i cant see any big franchise being like it used to be more refined sure but less like its former counter part

Doom has always been about the single player for me, so the MP doesn't really interest me. I kind of enjoyed running around with the plasma cannon and wrecking others who were trying to blow me up with rockets, seems like a fun mode for some non-serious pvp action. But the halo-type armor and weapon design doesn't appeal to me at all.

Playing The Division these days.

r1chard

That pic looks so relaxing, it's getting colder now and that's when I get the camping itch every year. I don't know what it is with me but I always get keen in Autumn for the outdoors. Too right on not missing the Internet or devices when camping, one of the best holidays to take in that respect.
I was really nice right into the evening. A bit cold in the morning, but nothing unbearable that a warm cuppa didn't solve :)

Dryk

Fkning Miitomo, where did my day go.

Please don't tell me Twitter is the only way we can be Ausgaf friends.
Our choices are:

- Follow each other on Twitter
- Become Facebook friends
- Add each other at meetups

EDIT: Also it looks like you can request people out of friend's friend lists

MoonGred

Our choices are:

Trust Nintendo to drop the ball on something silly like a friends list.

HolyCheck

We apparently share a favourite meal. High five!

EDIT: And birth month
Basically bff's at this point.

Fkning Miitomo, where did my day go.

Please don't tell me Twitter is the only way we can be Ausgaf friends.

Join this new twiter fad!

Our choices are:

Yep, and I even got recommended to add choc coz he and i had 4 mutual miitomo friends

Coz if you did and it was linked to your fb I would have seen you gosh.

Cerity

Hadn't logged into twitter for... since I made it for some other mobile game? anyway my handle is @hohohohohoa

edit: lol, tried added a bunch of people from the GAF list, my account has been blocked from following others for the time being.

So what is the point/aim of miitomo? Some Mii based social network thing?

Pretty much a social networking platform with that nintendo funky-ness.

Dryk

So what is the point/aim of miitomo? Some Mii based social network thing?
It's AskFM where you don't choose the questions and your friends can comment. Also there are adorable Miis doing adorable shit (or in Holy's case trying to awkwardly flirt with me).

HolyCheck

It's AskFM where you don't choose the questions and your friends can comment. Also there are adorable Miis doing adorable shit (or in Holy's case trying to awkwardly flirt with me).

THAT WAS MEANT TO BE BETWEEN YOUR MII AND MY MII. THE SOFTWARE SAID SO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom