• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
currently that gets me over 100 down and just over 2 up

but yea its as you said just them being greedy

ugh pings coming in @ 9 for some reason
Yeah I'm on Foxtel EuroDOCSIS 3 cable and already getting 110 down/2.5 up. I don't upload very much so I'm fine with that.

The HFC part of the NBN won't be delivering anything that the private sector wouldn't have provided anyway. It'll just cost taxpayers a lot more to have it.

Quasar

Saw Bats vs Supes last night. I really enjoyed it. It is a bit long winded and needs a little editing but I don't get the hate.

I mostly enjoyed it too, and I'm generally not into superhero media anymore (I mostly went just to see how Wonder Woman turned out). I'd probably give it 3 stars like every other Snyder film I've seen.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I mostly enjoyed it too, and I'm generally not into superhero media anymore (I mostly went just to see how Wonder Woman turned out). I'd probably give it 3 stars like every other Snyder film I've seen.

Reading through the spoiler thread, there's so much hinted at in the film that's never given a look in it's crazy.

But so much set up for the next films.

Also, seems I'm the only one that realised what was happening 1/3 in during Bruces dream
THE FLASH GOING BACK IN TIME TO TELL BRUCE THINGS
, well not really. but so many people in the Spoiler thread had no idea / were confused.

jambo

Also, seems I'm the only one that realised what was happening 1/3 in during Bruces dream
THE FLASH GOING BACK IN TIME TO TELL BRUCE THINGS
, well not really. but so many people in the Spoiler thread had no idea / were confused.

Yeah but,
how could he back in time in to a dream?!

jambo

dream bats is alternate reality bats, alternate reality flash using the speed force to go back in time to warn!

7tf6NXN.gif

Spinifex

Maybe some of you people that liked BvS should watch Batman Begins again. Maybe you're forgetting just how good a Batman movie can be.

I hated BvS chiefly because it wasn't fun. Nolan's Batman was grimdark McBro too, but it was FUN, dammit.

MTE

I really liked BvS.

Flash appearance wasn't a dream. When Bruce wakes up the second time, there's paper still blowing about the batcave.

Gazunta

My gaming at the moment is down to about half an hour at the end of the night when I want to wind down after drawing for a few hours. Lately it's mostly been the SNES re-releases on 3DS and Day of The Tentacle on Vita
Buy a Vita
, really enjoying them.

Donkey Kong Country has not aged well, and wasn't that great to begin with, so uh.

BRISGAF: Come to Trees Go Ping tomorrow night in the valley and play unreleased video games and talk about Yoshi's Island with me!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I tried to like BvS but I couldn't, both direction and pacing just killed it for me. And Lex Luthor, oh the horror :(

Luthors son! Only reason I can think of that explains it.

he was so.. un calculated? But I guess with the deleted scenes and the theorising, he's gone part insane and believes darkseid is coming.

Card Boy

Banned
When a job says Salary + Super (e.g 60000 + Super) does it include the Base Pay + Super as Extra or is that 60000 figure inclusive of Super? (meaning are you actually getting less than 60000?)

When a job says Salary + Super (e.g 60000 + Super) does it include the Base Pay + Super as Extra or is that 60000 figure inclusive of Super? (meaning are you actually getting less than 60000?)

If it says 'salary package worth $x' that includes the super. Salary + Super should be your annual gross salary and the super contributions of your employer on top. You are only getting less (now) if they talk about package. I think govt jobs are more likely to talk about package.

Yeah I'm on Foxtel EuroDOCSIS 3 cable and already getting 110 down/2.5 up. I don't upload very much so I'm fine with that.

The HFC part of the NBN won't be delivering anything that the private sector wouldn't have provided anyway. It'll just cost taxpayers a lot more to have it.

unfortunately upload speed is also important for gaming ie sending and receiving data

also i think telstra are feeling the burn lol

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/ga...omers-before-nbn-arrives-20160330-gntzu5.html

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Greetings once again AusGAF, I read some stuff on BBC News and immediately thought of you.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-35922858

More appropriate

Captain Cook was the first Englishman to map the east coast of "New Holland".

Less appropriate

Captain Cook "discovered" Australia.

I find this deeply and utterly offensive.

James Cook had a Scottish father. The fact he was born after the Union also makes him "British". Ergo, not an "Englishman". The suffix "-man" is also sexist.

If you're going to be politically correct, then at least have the decency to go all the way.

Dryk

As I said in AusPoliGAF (and also on my Facebook), if you're not writing an essay or article in the field of Indigenous Studies the style guide (and that's all it is, a style guide) should have zero effect on your life. The fucking Tele going and telling people that it's aimed at them (and mandatory) is the entire problem here.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I get 95mbps down 35mbps up on Internode, 1Tb plan is only $115/mo. It's a'ight.

It's tons for gaming, shithouse if you want to stream though. Telstra need to unlock the upload speeds, twats.
Yeah if you have your own twitch channel, do a lot of torrent seeding, or host stuff, then the upload speed is crucial. I don't do any of those things though, so I'm happy to trade upstream bandwidth for downstream bandwidth.

Fredescu

I get 500GB 100Mbs for $90/month, so these new plans don't seem that great. You need to pay $20/month on top of those headline prices to get the "speed boost" so meh to $120/month.

I definitely want better upload though. Working from home works better over 4G sometimes because I often get 20 up/down on that.

The fucking Tele [...] is the entire problem here.

Word.

Gazunta

Everyone should buy a Vita, awesome system.

I started work on a simple C64 game yesterday, I think I need to make a C64 game. Felt good to get a sprite on screen.

Reminder shoutout to Brisbane folk - come to Trees Go Ping tonight in the valley, play some unreleased games, be cool
buy my retrogaming comics

Fredescu

What do you guys think about the PS4K? I can't believe they're actually going through with it.

I play my PS4 nearly every day at the moment but I'm really struggling to come up with an opinion about this. Can someone give me an opinion to have? I'll fight strongly for your cause.

I'm a hardware fiend and will usually buy any old shit so I'm probably on board. The Bone needs it more than the PS4 does but whatevs.

Consoles being more and more like PCs every day. Upgrade every 3 years, patches and software updates, all games must be installed, lols.

senahorse

As someone that doesn't yet own a PS4, I think it's a great thing, except now I have to hold out longer to play drake.

Also as primarily a PC gamer I also think it's a good thing. PC's generally get held back by console generations lasting a few years too long, as someone that likes GPU's to get properly utilised (not just from downsampling), it will be a refreshing change and we should see more regular bumps in graphics. From what we hear from MS, it sounds like the Xbox will just become a consumer friendly upgradeable box (aka a PC lite), Sony may go that way also if it works for them.

Gazunta

Don't really need it for a few years until VR seems relevant to me.

Gaz I need more notice!!

Sorry Stack, I only confirmed yesterday that I was going! ><

The PS4K thing is super interesting. I wonder how they're going to do it and maintain forwards compatibility. I'm thinking that if it's just a GPU enhancement, where the extra performance is put towards extra memory and bandwidth needed for the extra resolution, it wouldn't be that painful for developers. Heck, we had multiple texture sets for our games depending on what device it was running on, and it just became part of the regular development process. Should be interesting.

My lounge room TV is still only 720p

Shaneus

Dumb as fuck. Detrimental to the console gaming industry in my opinion. Will sell a ton. Smart short term move from Sony but IMO will harm them in the medium/long term.
Has there been more info released in the last day or two regarding it? Or just the same WSJ article from a few days ago?

Oh hey, anyone know how good Startrack are with deliveries? Have an iPhone SE on delivery for today (Melb CBD) but not sure how antsy I should be about actually getting it today.

Shaneus

Hmmm. So it's going to be a whole new console, and not an add-on? wtf

If they do some kind of trade-in deal where they give me a 4K for ~$200(AUD, obv) I might bite, but only after seeing the benefits of it. I almost predict another PSX (the TV tuner thing) level of bomb if it's not done properly.

Edit: I've just realised something. Short of Driveclub and one or two other titles (mostly PS+ stuff) I don't really see there being a benefit *for me* in getting an upgraded PS4. If they called it PS5 and made it backward compatible, maybe... But right now, I'm only partially invested (non-monetarily) in PSVR and GT, and that's about all that has me tied to a more powerful PS4 in the future.

Can't imagine what those people who pre-ordered the PSVR will be like, knowing they'll be getting quite the cut down experience compared to their PS4K brethren (unless they choose to drop ANOTHER $500 on a console upgrade).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom