• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

No Silverstone, no Monza, no Shanghai, no Hungaroring, no Suzuka, no Austin, no Brazil.

Fucking hell.
Indeed. It's like they didn't even try to get any of the good races and just took what they were told to. No Canada either, the first race Ricciardo won last year. Go figure.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Why the fuck is a kid wandering down to a library midday on a Thursday? Is it still school holidays in your suburb or something?

Did they send it out via AusPost?.....

I honestly don't think he goes to school.

I've gone to the trainstation at like 2pm on aa work day to go to a meeting and seen the family there catching a train.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
The place I'm staying at right now has a 1GB download limit. So basically I'm hitting the Esc key every time I open a thread on GAF.

I'm going to see a flat tomorrow and hopefully it's got a sizeable limit. Everything else about the flat seems good.

Dead Man

Why the fuck is a kid wandering down to a library midday on a Thursday? Is it still school holidays in your suburb or something?
Shit, I'd be quite happy if a kid wagged school to go to a library.
Channel Ten are only going to broadcast less than half the F1 races live this year on FTA. Foxtel of course has all of them live. Fuck those cunts.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/02/13/new-foxten-formula-1-deal-start-2015/
Cunts. Utter cunts. All of them. Still not buying your shite TV, Foxtel. I don't care if you get every motorsport in existence, fuck you.

jambo

Anyone have any ideas for a 2015 AFL thread title?

Currently I have

AFL (Aussie Rules 2015 |OT| Back-to-Back (court cases)

or

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2015 |OT| Women's Round presented by Stephen Milne & Majak Daw

also omi's

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2015 |OT| Not Real Football

jambo

Rest of RadGaf doing much in this "stuff actually happening in Adelaide what is this" season? I'm seeing a Fringe show tonight, hoping to squeeze in a few more over the next few weeks.

Might hit up some comedy shows at some point. Plus the Garden of Unearthly Delights is always cool to wander around.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Anyone have any ideas for a 2015 AFL thread title?

Currently I have

AFL (Aussie Rules 2015 |OT| Back-to-Back (court cases)

or

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2015 |OT| Women's Round presented by Stephen Milne & Majak Daw

also omi's

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2015 |OT| Not Real Football

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2015 |OT| $12 pots, $9 pies & $2 million legal bills

Lucian Cat

He staying up with you? That's gotta be an interesting experience for him.
He's been forewarned about my family. He knows what he's getting into
we're spending half the time in hotels so it'll be fine
He's most excited about holding a koala. And seeing wild kangaroos. Such a tourist...

HolyCheck

Shit, I'd be quite happy if a kid wagged school to go to a library.

Cunts. Utter cunts. All of them. Still not buying your shite TV, Foxtel. I don't care if you get every motorsport in existence, fuck you.

I've seen the kid. He's most definitely not spending his spare time at the library.

Cerity

Loving the spread of music I'm hearing on If You Are The One during the guys videos. I've heard stuff from Mario games, Ghibli Movies, the main theme from To The Moon, Eyes on me from FF8 and now stuff from DJ Okawari.

Makes me wonder if the music guy is even aware of usage rights and whatnot.

hamchan

Loving the spread of music I'm hearing on If You Are The One during the guys videos. I've heard stuff from Mario games, Ghibli Movies, the main theme from To The Moon, Eyes on me from FF8 and now stuff from DJ Okawari.

It's an Asian tv show, so nope!

Shaneus

I even heard My Humps the other day. My guess is that with a ~50 million audience, they can afford whatever rights they want.

Darren870

The place I'm staying at right now has a 1GB download limit. So basically I'm hitting the Esc key every time I open a thread on GAF.

I'm going to see a flat tomorrow and hopefully it's got a sizeable limit. Everything else about the flat seems good.

Welcome to Australia! The internet is way way way way behind. They even make commercials about how bad it is.

Dead Man

I've seen the kid. He's most definitely not spending his spare time at the library.

Hey, I was trying to be optimistic!

You can turn off images in your control panel options. You probably already know this, but just in case:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions
OkoO9iW.png

Edit: Assuming that works now, I seem to remember it didn't used to. Sorry if that's bad info.

Lucian Cat

But seriously guys, any radgaffers wanna have a mini meetup of sorts next friday or whenever for Bufbaf? He's not met any other gaffers but myself, Origami and Mrs Origami and I said I'd try to organise something. We're staying in town for soundwave weekend.

Dead Man

But seriously guys, any radgaffers wanna have a mini meetup of sorts next friday or whenever for Bufbaf? He's not met any other gaffers but myself, Origami and Mrs Origami and I said I'd try to organise something. We're staying in town for soundwave weekend.

I'd be down for that probably, depending on timing.

HolyCheck

Update!

I ran into the polite polish neighbour on my way home, and let her know about bogans son being missing.

she then gave me more gossip. confirmed he doesn't go to school. He keeps getting kicked out and they're trying to get him into one but cant.

the kids staying with them (he wasnt there 6 months ago) because his mothers in jail for heroin or something.

said she has leant money to the bogans before (and that they have always paid her back when they said they would). also said that when ever she speaks to the male or goes to their place (knocks on the door to talk to them) that it smells of opium (heroin).

and she owns her property and has told body corporate about it. I'm sending an email to my land lord now. just saying i generally don't feel comfortable here, and blah blah here's what theyre doing (asking for money, yelling at neighbours / eachother at all hours of hte night blah blah)

Quasar

Body corporate.

Ugh.

I fucking loathe the very idea of that kind of shit.

Of course I also loath the tribalism surrounding derogatory terms like bogan.

Cerity

I even heard My Humps the other day. My guess is that with a ~50 million audience, they can afford whatever rights they want.

Songs like My Humps I can understand, sony/warner bros. or whichever label would have presence in China. Game music and other less popular songs on the otherhand... I've also just heard this version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow lol.

It's an Asian tv show, so nope!

I just think they'd be more careful with their viewership, they take enough care not to mention shows from other stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom