• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I think of when I think of if you are the one is CAN YOU FEEL IT CAN YOU FEEL IT CAN YOU FEEL IT and the sweet jingle when they show the title of the guys' videos

Update!

I ran into the polite polish neighbour on my way home, and let her know about bogans son being missing.

she then gave me more gossip. confirmed he doesn't go to school. He keeps getting kicked out and they're trying to get him into one but cant.

the kids staying with them (he wasnt there 6 months ago) because his mothers in jail for heroin or something.

said she has leant money to the bogans before (and that they have always paid her back when they said they would). also said that when ever she speaks to the male or goes to their place (knocks on the door to talk to them) that it smells of opium (heroin).

and she owns her property and has told body corporate about it. I'm sending an email to my land lord now. just saying i generally don't feel comfortable here, and blah blah here's what theyre doing (asking for money, yelling at neighbours / eachother at all hours of hte night blah blah)
Sounds uncomfortable as fuck. Sorry Holy :(

CAN YOU FEEL IT CAN YOU FEEL IT CAN YOU FEEL IT
*throws up the horns*

Just resigned up for Netflix/Getflix to see if getting a new modem would have improved my streaming quality. Nope. I can download at 1.2mb from steam etc. Yet it can't handle HD Netflix, so annoying.

Its not bad, but I do wonder what I pay $1600 a year for. Though, most of it is for insurance for my townhouse.

That's a bargain. When I was looking at apartments some wanted $100 a week.

midnight usually.

mon hunter 4, majoras mask, dedede music game, kirby smash clone, anime channel, and f2p fps game.

what a night.

Midnight dude. Nintendo are usually pretty good about getting their stuff bang on 12:00, but I've heard of times where it's not been super great.

Damn, thanks guys, I'll just get a physical copy tomorrow then. I think Target has it for $48?

My wife preordered it from EB for $60, can I get a full refund on that?

Noticed AnimeLab has started putting up Naruto. I'll have to get onto that soon, sounds like a good show.
Damn, thanks guys, I'll just get a physical copy tomorrow then. I think Target has it for $48?

My wife preordered it from EB for $60, can I get a full refund on that?
EB will pricematch. I assume they will refund the $12 or at least let her keep it as EB credit.

Rezbit

Played a demo of Majora's Mask today at EB, seems pretty good. Runs smooth, looks nice and clean and pretty on par with the OoT port. Reckon I'll pick it up.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Noticed AnimeLab has started putting up Naruto. I'll have to get onto that soon, sounds like a good show.
EB will pricematch. I assume they will refund the $12 or at least let her keep it as EB credit.

I just watched about 500 episodes of naruto / shippuden in the last 6weeks. it's pretty fun!

gets a bit slow at some points, but you just gotta power through a dozen eps or so! skip the intros, skip the outros, skip the theme song.

N0VAM0D

I decided to check out that If You Are The One show that you all keep talking about. It's pretty great, I like it! Can't wait to watch some more.

Same here. Never seen an episode, so I figure I might as well give it a shot. Should check in with Animelab too, been a while.

I decided to check out that If You Are The One show that you all keep talking about. It's pretty great, I like it! Can't wait to watch some more.

If I recall, SBS might be doing a marathon of the show at some point today. Like, six hours iirc.

Fusebox

Banned
also my bogan neighbour just knocked on my door asking if she could talk to me. i was sitting here in my undies so i ignored her.. then she knocked more.. then i saw her peering in to the screen door and i had to point out that i was here... just in my undies and didnt feel like answering the door and how can i help her

asked if i could speak to her, so i said fine, put on some clothes went to the door

then she introd herself blah blah, moneys tight wondering if you could help us out? "dont keep cash on me" "... could you walk to the ATM?" "... i get paid monthly, i'm not really the best person to help here..." "oh shit.. i thought fortnightly was bad"

then she peered through my door and saw a carton of beer "could i grab 2 beers?"

i said. fine. then shes like maybe 4? so i just went ot my fridge and got a 6 pack.

now when i did that she stepped into my door (id been staying in the door frame so she wouldnt look into my property)

Amazing story. This is the most bogan-esque 'welcome to the neighbourhood' I've ever heard of. Instead of bringing cakes they come empty handed and ask for cash, and then failing that alcohol, and then when offered alcohol they ask if they can have MORE alcohol! Just brilliant.

Fusebox

Banned
Aus-tendo experts, what do I do with my Club Nintendo points? I've got about 2500 and there's nothing in the store that really interests me. I heard something about Club Nintendo closing soon - should I buy some junk now and cash out, or will my stars transfer over, or will Nintendo be adding more inventory before closing the store?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Aus-tendo experts, what do I do with my Club Nintendo points? I've got about 2500 and there's nothing in the store that really interests me. I heard something about Club Nintendo closing soon - should I buy some junk now and cash out, or will my stars transfer over, or will Nintendo be adding more inventory before closing the store?

yeh theyve said they'll be adding stuff before it closes to help get rid of your points!

so i'd just wait.

i really need to do all the boring surveys

MH4 and Majora 3D are among the last. I think they stop in April, so the last game to get a code out here would be Codename S.T.E.A.M next month.
I see. It seems like a regional difference. Thank you.

NA information I saw:
1/20/2015 Products released after this date are not eligible for registration with Club Nintendo
http://club2.nintendo.com/program-notice/

Australian information:
April 1st 2015: From this date, Nintendo will no longer include product registration cards with its packaged products, so such products cannot be registered in Club Nintendo.
http://www.nintendo.com.au/index.php?action=news&nid=3588&pageID=6

I cannot remove this piece of shit back cover on the new 3ds xl

What the fuck?

The screws don't come out I understand but no matter how many counterclockwise pivots to loosen it, it feels like it's still 100% keeping it in place and it feels like the cover will snap if I put any more pressure in the grooves to pull it off. Jesus fucking christ.

Fusebox

Banned

What the fuck?

The screws don't come out I understand but no matter how many counterclockwise pivots to loosen it, it feels like it's still 100% keeping it in place and it feels like the cover will snap if I put any more pressure in the grooves to pull it off. Jesus fucking christ.

Fingernails underneath the sides and lift. It has the screws but also another tab on each side that clicks in.

hamchan

What the fuck?

It's fucking awful. They want you to use the n3ds stylus to help lever it out but it still feels like the whole back cover will snap.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
So instead of playing mm on 3ds I've dug out my n64 and plugged in into my new telly. Lawd these graphics.

Oh hey my save game's still here. Let's see where I'm up to...

Aww shit stone temple. Restart!

Fredescu

AusTrampolineGAF, if there's anyone that's like me and has been putting off a Vuly purchase, it looks like their prices are going to go up soon. A lot of places still have the old prices, but some, including the Vuly website, have the new prices. A couple sites mention that the prices will go up on March 1st.

I'm looking at Vuly 2. Best deals I've found are:

https://www.toys4baby2kids.com.au/shop/item/vuly2-12-foot-trampoline-with-a-free-tent-cover

- Free shipping Aus wide, free tent, and half price ladder

and

http://etrampolines.com.au/

- Free tent, free ladder, available for pick up in Sydney

Bernbaum

Enjoying the cricket with a fridge full of Dr Pepper and a half empty bag of Kettle Chilli chips all over my lap. They're good, but not Red Rock Deli Sweet Chilli good.

Anyone else having issues with twitch the last day or so? Apparently it is an issue with Australians only. It's impossible for me to watch a stream at the moment.

Enjoying the cricket with a fridge full of Dr Pepper and a half empty bag of Kettle Chilli chips all over my lap. They're good, but not Red Rock Deli Sweet Chilli good.
Is that on foxtel? I just picked up a sub today for the cricket and F1, how is the hd quality, ads, etc?

Red rock deli is godlike.

The 3ds nipple is not nearly as fun to play with as real nipples and also hurts your thumbs ow.

P.S. that ironfall shooter or whatever that there's a free demo of is mediocre as heck but I guess I don't know what I expected from a 3DS TPS.

The 3ds nipple is not nearly as fun to play with as real nipples and also hurts your thumbs ow.

P.S. that ironfall shooter or whatever that there's a free demo of is mediocre as heck but I guess I don't know what I expected from a 3DS TPS.

Yeah it's there to fill a niche and try and gain some quick & easy revenue from a non-existent market. I think it will do better than most expect, although won't do huge numbers.

AusTrampolineGAF, if there's anyone that's like me and has been putting off a Vuly purchase, it looks like their prices are going to go up soon. A lot of places still have the old prices, but some, including the Vuly website, have the new prices. A couple sites mention that the prices will go up on March 1st.

I'm looking at Vuly 2. Best deals I've found are:

https://www.toys4baby2kids.com.au/shop/item/vuly2-12-foot-trampoline-with-a-free-tent-cover

- Free shipping Aus wide, free tent, and half price ladder

and

http://etrampolines.com.au/

- Free tent, free ladder, available for pick up in Sydney

That's one expensive trambopoline

Pandemic

Can anyone recommend a good PC mouse and keyboard?

I've currently got a standard Logitech mouse/keyboard, nothing special. Thought I'd get something new.

If not, is there a particular thread where I can ask?

Cheers!

Cerity

Can anyone recommend a good PC mouse and keyboard?

I've currently got a standard Logitech mouse/keyboard, nothing special. Thought I'd get something new.

If not, is there a particular thread where I can ask?

Cheers!

Mice from what I've used: Mionix Avior, Roccat Kone XTD or RAT 7 if you want a more basic mouse, Zowie, steelseries or Rapoo.

Keyboards: Anything mechanical really, look up the differences between the switches, from there it's a matter of just visual design and/or macro keys.

Avoid razer in both cases, I find their quality to be hit and miss and not really worth the pain. I had a 1st gen Blackwidow keyboard that was fine for 2 years, sold it on and the current owner says it's still going on strong, I also own a carcharias which I've head for something like 4 years now which is fine. On the flipside I've had a copperhead, deathadder and a naga, all of which were dead within 6 months, their replacements were dead within a year.

Fusebox

Banned
I'm using a Rat 7 with a Logitech K310. It's a fun enough combo. I type like an exec PA on meth with this keyboard.

IMG_4472.JPG

Pandemic

Mice from what I've used: Mionix Avior, Roccat Kone XTD or RAT 7 if you want a more basic mouse, Zowie, steelseries or Rapoo.

Keyboards: Anything mechanical really, look up the differences between the switches, from there it's a matter of just visual design and/or macro keys.

Avoid razer in both cases, I find their quality to be hit and miss and not really worth the pain. I had a 1st gen Blackwidow keyboard that was fine for 2 years, sold it on and the current owner says it's still going on strong, I also own a carcharias which I've head for something like 4 years now which is fine. On the flipside I've had a copperhead, deathadder and a naga, all of which were dead within 6 months, their replacements were dead within a year.

Mmm, not even sure on the difference between a regular keyboard and a mechanical keyboard.. But I'll look into a mechanical one. Cheers for the suggestions in mouses, I'll look into them.

I'm using a Rat 7 with a Logitech K310. It's a fun enough combo. I type like an exec PA on meth with this keyboard.

By looking at that mouse, I'm assuming it transforms into something?

Kritz

Banned
I've got a corsair cherry MX blue keyboard, and let me tell you: once you get a mechanical keyboard with blue switches, you can never go back. It just feels great to type on. Don't let people scare you with the "blues aren't good for games" nonsense, because it's total bs.

It probably doesn't matter what type of mechanical keyboard you get, but try to get something with blue switches.

And for mice, I'm fond of the Logitech G500.

Lots of buttons, low friction mouse wheel (with a toggle to set it back to normal friction), and in general I just prefer logitech's mouse designs to razor's.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
The greatest keyboard I ever used was the Saitek Eclipse.

After Saitek got bought out by Mad Catz I feared for the worst, but apparently they just rebranded it as the Mad Catz Cyborg V5 or something.

I used a Logitech MX510 for ages, but as it broke a few weeks ago I'm currently on the market for a new mouse.

I've not yet used any mechanical keyboards, and considering their pricetags I'd want to try before I buy.

I had a Logitech MX510, when that bit the dust I grabbed a G400. I think they go as low as $35 every now and then.

Just using a basic Logitech MK700 keyboard due to noise issues. Can't go mechanical as the wife would complain too much, won't go chiclet as I don't feel quick & accurate enough on them.

Cerity

I had a Logitech MX510, when that bit the dust I grabbed a G400. I think they go as low as $35 every now and then.

Just using a basic Logitech MK700 keyboard due to noise issues. Can't go mechanical as the wife would complain too much, won't go chiclet as I don't feel quick & accurate enough on them.

It's only really the blue and green switches that have an audible click. The other switches are as loud as you want them to be. Bottoming out when typing on a mechanical keyboard is a joy in its own though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom